Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times

Advertisements

That's cool, I don't like obama. I'll be enthusiastically voting for Romney as will more than enough Americans to get rid of the fool on the hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 11:39 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Kind of an oxymoron when he supports gay marriage
christ said nothing in regards to homosexuality... NOTHING.. so I don't know how you have to be against it to be christian... you christians indeed are nothing like your christ

Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I just don't LIKE Mitt Romney.
You are not alone, most people, even conservatives don't like him.

Mr. Millionaire Cardboard cutout who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth has as much charisma as a pile of rocks.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
polls are misleading.. what wins elections is who actually goes out and votes for who... many conservatives don't like romney they think he's fake.. and his religion is basically a pyramid scheme of a cult... it just might be enough for many conservatives to sit home. we won't know until election day.. but I can't wait for debates.. because romney is so wishy washy.. and such a fake that obama will destroy him in any debate... it's like.. "you don't like what I've done huh? I modeled my plans after some of yours" lol... romney is a tool

Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
Strange that you admit to not liking Romney, but are of the opinion that he can do better on the economy. What on earth makes you believe that? Romney's policies are Bush's policies and we all know where that got us.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
dont believe everything the mainstream media says about either candidate. for instance obama is not a devout christian, he attended church as long as it suited his political goals. when things got hot in 2008 he threw reverend wright under the bus very quickly. and it is the same with his political stances. he openly supported gay marriage so that he could pry open the wallets of the gay community to get campaign donations.

as for the bullying incident that romney supposedly did, there is no evidence that it really happened. romney was known as a prankster though, but then so were many of our political leaders.

as for romneys tax rate, it might be lower than yours(gross) is because he gets his income from capital investments rather than regular income, but the net tax rate you pay is in fact lower than his on your income tax returns, and romney still pays far more in taxes than you will ever earn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
christ said nothing in regards to homosexuality... NOTHING.. so I don't know how you have to be against it to be christian... you christians indeed are nothing like your christ
everything i have seen regarding homo sexuality in the bible is mostly in the old testament, though there are a few verses in the new testament as well, and ALL were against homosexuality as it was regarded as an abomination against god. jesus did say that he came not to abolish the law but rather to uphold the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You are not alone, most people, even conservatives don't like him.

Mr. Millionaire Cardboard cutout who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth has as much charisma as a pile of rocks.
romney was NOT born with a silver spoon in his mouth, as he was born into a MIDDLE CLASS family. his father earned the money he made, and when romney inherited that money, he donated it to charity as he earned his own way.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,126,956 times
Romney and his family are the definition of self made successful people who lived the American dream.
I have no problem with his record at Bain, Ive heard far more good stories about him and how he treats people than bad.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
romney was NOT born with a silver spoon in his mouth, as he was born into a MIDDLE CLASS family. his father earned the money he made, and when romney inherited that money, he donated it to charity as he earned his own way.
Mitt's father was the President of a car company, as well as a governor.

Is this how you define middle class????

Old 05-22-2012, 12:35 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:

Me neither...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,843,144 times
It's really sad that at time when our country has such a critical need for true leadership, ... so many are still voting as if the Presidential election is a popularity contest or a poll to determine which TV program we like/dislike. (This is neither an endorsement or criticism of either Obama or Romney!).

At the same time, perhaps the absence of true leaders in the American public forum comes from the fact that the media vettes candidates by a 'perfect standard' that certainly they ... and nobody else, can live-up to!

I want honesty and integrity in a President. However, I'm not sure that anybody who is so squeaky clean that they (and their family and everyone they have ever known) can stand up under the media's public microscope (or risk public humiliation) ... YET, still have enough experience (learning from mistakes) to lead our country during this critical juncture in our history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections