Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
A black female rumored to be a lesbian that is pro-choice and supports civil unions for gays.

What would the Teapublican bigots say about that?
first of all you have no proof as to her sexual orientation: her being black would not hurt,nor would her being pro choice: now, the ones that would not support her for these reasons are most likely the liberals. They can't stand the thought of a black Republican female. I do not think she will be the choice, for some of the reasons you say, I don't think she has any interest, she has said over and over she does not even like politics, but the GOP would not stop supporting Romney because of what you are saying.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Susana Martinez is still on the list. Female, Hispanic, Governor of New Mexico. She wouldn't scare the independents like Palin did/does, She's not a hold over from the GWB administration, and she could deliver a state that right now is slightly leaning to Obama.
I would love to see that happen. She would be a great choice...and from what I have heard she is very popular in NM.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:12 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,162,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
first of all you have no proof as to her sexual orientation: her being black would not hurt,nor would her being pro choice: now, the ones that would not support her for these reasons are most likely the liberals. They can't stand the thought of a black Republican female. I do not think she will be the choice, for some of the reasons you say, I don't think she has any interest, she has said over and over she does not even like politics, but the GOP would not stop supporting Romney because of what you are saying.
Are you really saying that the base of GOP wouldn't have a problem with a pro-choice VP?

Heck, there was pressure to get rid of some random Romney adviser because he was gay.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,927,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
first of all you have no proof as to her sexual orientation

Hence the word "rumored"

: her being black would not hurt

Not all Republicans are racists, but it is impossible to deny that some are and they would never vote for a black candidate.

,nor would her being pro choice:

That is just absurd, are you seriously suggesting that Republicans including Teapublicans and social conservatives would be willing to vote for a pro choice candidate? If so why was Romney forced to flip flop on his pro-choice views to have any chance at the GOP nomination?
-)

Old 07-28-2012, 04:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,423,021 times
I am sure Sarah Palin is available!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,855,938 times
You know, I had thought Fox News has made a mistake.
A Romney VP shortlist or just a short list on Twitter? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Apparently not. They still claiming Condi is a valid choice.
I'm smelling something and it looks like bull spit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections