Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,838,522 times

Advertisements

it doesnt matter who the VP is, unless its some out of nowhere loon like palin was who ended up destroying the campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Whoever is the VP pick, they are going to be on a losing ticket and they know it.

Mitt better hurry so they can put the VP candidate in front of the camera and let Mitt go back to his puppet masters. He proved in London that he can't speak freely without his puppetmasters giving him guidance on what to say ahead of time.

They better put some good speakers ahead of him in the GOP convention. Because the crowd is going to need extra energizing before Mitt speaks. Else they will snooze off pretty quickly once he starts.

Then wait for the Debates between Mitt and Obama. They will be laughable. At that point Obama's going to go into his double digit lead and win a landslide re-election.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Whoever is the VP pick, they are going to be on a losing ticket and they know it.

Mitt better hurry so they can put the VP candidate in front of the camera and let Mitt go back to his puppet masters. He proved in London that he can't speak freely without his puppetmasters giving him guidance on what to say ahead of time.

They better put some good speakers ahead of him in the GOP convention. Because the crowd is going to need extra energizing before Mitt speaks. Else they will snooze off pretty quickly once he starts.

Then wait for the Debates between Mitt and Obama. They will be laughable. At that point Obama's going to go into his double digit lead and win a landslide re-election.
Romney might be boring, I don't think many will deny that but he is a good debater, you might be very surprised; if you don't think so, I am willing to bet you didn't watch many of the Republican debates...Now, as for Mr Personality, Obama does poorly when he doesn't have his teleprompter and has it crossed your mind, people might actually be ready for a Pres that is all business. We have had the personality kings for awhile now, where has it gotten us?

BTW, what do you mean, he proved he couldn't speak freely?

Nita

Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
if you don't think so, I am willing to bet you didn't watch many of the Republican debates...

I watched most of the Repub debates. I think I missed 1 of them, or part of 1.

He doesn't speak freely because he is guided with talking points by his campaign managers and he makes sure to stay on point.

They prepare him on what to say, what not to say, when to steer a subject to something else.

He didn't get that guidance to the level needed for his recent small talk in London. He spoke without his puppetmasters guiding him on how to be tactful. And he put his foot in his mouth. The puppet needs his puppetmasters. I guess you could say they are the 2012 version of "Bush's Brain".

Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
My read of everything going on in this situation is that directly connecting Rubio to Greer, or any of this a fantasy of progressives. Much like the, "Scott Walker is going to be indicted any day.", fantasies, shouted from the rooftops in Milwaukee and Madison, as it became obvious that Walker would easily win the recall election in Wisconsin.

The camp was Greer, Crist and LeMieux. Rubio is in the Bush camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Also Rubio's going to be indicted soon in the Jim Greer corruption trial, so there's that.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,216 times
Hm. A Liberal Republican President with a Neo Con Vice President...I can't see it ending well.Not like its going to matter Romney is going to lose.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:10 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
I don't think Rubio is seasoned enough, yet. He needs the test of time. Hell, the whole country is deeply divided, so your pronouncement about base and true believers, is not news making. Why else would polls continue to show, that all in all, a dead heat? Both partys are scratching and scrambling for votes.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:24 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,512,222 times
I think Rubio is his second most likely choice, after Rand Paul.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:30 PM

1,403 posts, read 938,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I think Rubio is his second most likely choice, after Rand Paul.
Why would he pick Rand Paul? Rubio is from Florida a swing state,He is Cuban a minority group and he is more conservative than Romney. Paul is a douche bag from Kentucky that got elected on daddy's coat tails and his supporters by proclaiming to be about the same thing as his father only to go on and endorse Romney and to vote for more money for Israel and to just pretty much become another neocon scum bag.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:52 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Romney might be boring, I don't think many will deny that but he is a good debater, you might be very surprised; if you don't think so, I am willing to bet you didn't watch many of the Republican debates...Now, as for Mr Personality, Obama does poorly when he doesn't have his teleprompter and has it crossed your mind, people might actually be ready for a Pres that is all business. We have had the personality kings for awhile now, where has it gotten us?

Nita
I watched all the Republican debates--and what I gathered from Mitt is he is easily swayed by the crowd. He is not an independent thinker. You could tell in his body language when he did get applaused he felt more confident, but the moment he got jeers he would back peddle and his body language changed to show anger but it was angered contained because he couldn't show his true colors due to knowing if he did he would have lost to Santorium.

I think his camp learned from Santorium in that you can't be too much of yourself in the public eye while campaigning. Santorium didn't give a bleep about who or how he offended people. He just said what he wanted to say. Romney can't do that. Usually those who are used to the power seat are used to either having total control oversomething or relinquishing it to another group of authority. For instance Bain, Romney just signed the documents but allowed some others to actually handling the affairs.

He proved he can't speak freely because he made several gaffes in London. He doesn't look confident at all, nor does he look presidential. To become President of the U.S.--The American people must know how to connect with you--there is NO connection between Romney and the American people. Obama will be reelected. Get ready for Romney's concession speech. His handlers should be working on that now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections