Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,736,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Of course Ohio will go to Obama, it's full of low income welfare scumbags that think $8 hr is a great paying job. Pay a visit to NE Ohio sometime, the hopelessness and dispair is almost unbearable, and the quality of life is abysmal, yet these people continually vote democrat, and are still for Obama.

Gotta continue that "Government will take care of me" lifestyle, I guess.
Northeastern Ohio was originally settled by people from New England. There are still many areas of Northeastern Ohio with great wealth, i.e. Shaker Heights for one. The San Francisco bay area is one
of the most affluent locales in the nation and we are another Democratic stronghold. These areas have
compassionate well educated people and that is why they vote Democratic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,791,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yes they need someone else.
This sad parade of soulless empty suits servicing ba'al... it's just too grotesque. It's like the relative you don't want to invite to a wedding because they're just too much of an embarrassment. Eloping is looking better every day.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I am in Florida and I will tell to you all I see are Obama/Biden 2012 stickers...I am amazed. I was on 275 heading North and I saw a brand new Merceedes and the guy driving had 5 Obama/Biden 2012 stickers on his brand new Mercedees and for the record he was NOT a black man. I was very shocked. I have YET to see a Romney sticker, I dont know if his campaign hasn't released them,but I haven't seem a Romney sticker yet...
Yep. The billboard campaigns here in WV implying a black man stole their coal jobs went over like a lead balloon. Some out in the hollers used it for shooting practice, and it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the coal workers themselves doing it. Mountain justice is picking up steam. So too is the mountain party. If this state doesn't get economic diversity happening, it's going to die of coal extraction yanked out of it's bones and mineral rights phase 3 prohibiting anything else from existing for yet another century.

It's a small world after all... speaking of florida, this clown keeps peddling his wares in WV but can't be bothered to live here despite his media mouthpieces filling the states ears with hate mongering BS to incite the loose cannons. He's running for senate again flinging pooh every which way.
John Raese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Won't you please keep him under house arrest down there? Because the locals here are more than a little weary of reps running on dem tickets and fake wrestling matches in lieu of legitimate elections. The running joke is that election season is more like a circus tent revival. Watch for the spectacle, but whatever you do, DON'T VOTE!
FairVote.org | Low Voter Turnout in West Virginia?s Special Election for Governor Part of Disturbing Pattern
They're beating it out of them. Looks to be the real objective of these relentless smear campaigns.

Maybe the Florida papers ought to let residents know what antics he's been up to before he tries dragging y'all into wild eyed military contracts.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Joe Logan is a fifth generation farmer. His grandfather raised this barn in 1911. I'd say he also raised his family with an equally sturdy sense of values.
Aww what a cute little donkey that is. Almost makes me want to be a democrat! I'm not, but I'll vote for you just the same. Daddy Republican is lost to dementia. Fought one too many wars with ghosts and lost the one with himself, I'm afraid.

And here's his demon spawn...
Quote:
Of course Ohio will go to Obama, it's full of low income welfare scumbags that think $8 hr is a great paying job. Pay a visit to NE Ohio sometime, the hopelessness and dispair is almost unbearable, and the quality of life is abysmal, yet these people continually vote democrat, and are still for Obama.

Ohio expects that elected officials won't take a dump on them the way so many republicans, and republicans riding on democratic tickets, always do. And there you go, right along with their republican buyers remorse Governor.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Yep. The billboard campaigns here in WV implying a black man stole their coal jobs went over like a lead balloon. Some out in the hollers used it for shooting practice, and it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the coal workers themselves doing it. Mountain justice is picking up steam. So too is the mountain party. If this state doesn't get economic diversity happening, it's going to die of coal extraction yanked out of it's bones and mineral rights phase 3 prohibiting anything else from existing for yet another century.

It's a small world after all... speaking of florida, this clown keeps peddling his wares in WV but can't be bothered to live here despite his media mouthpieces filling the states ears with hate mongering BS to incite the loose cannons. He's running for senate again flinging pooh every which way.
John Raese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Won't you please keep him under house arrest down there? Because the locals here are more than a little weary of reps running on dem tickets and fake wrestling matches in lieu of legitimate elections. The running joke is that election season is more like a circus tent revival. Watch for the spectacle, but whatever you do, DON'T VOTE!
FairVote.org | Low Voter Turnout in West Virginia?s Special Election for Governor Part of Disturbing Pattern
They're beating it out of them. Looks to be the real objective of these relentless smear campaigns.

Maybe the Florida papers ought to let residents know what antics he's been up to before he tries dragging y'all into wild eyed military contracts.
So whatcha think's going on re: this kinda well-publicised nonsense in WV, was it an accurate reflection of anything: Prison Inmate Wins More than 40% of Democratic Vote Over President Obama in WV Primary - ABC News?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I don't understand the point of caring about polls at this point either.

One thing I found interesting... Our family took a road trip across Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois last week. We saw exactly two Obama bumper stickers, in Ohio. I feel like this time last election year people had signs and bumper stickers all over the place. Of course, maybe people are waiting for Romney to have a running mate, maybe? Then we got to our destination and I got to watch tv and political ads for the first time in months. I was NOT impressed. They were so... boring, and it was just the same thing over and over. Does anyone really get convinced by these things?
So the number of bumper stickers you counted is an accurate indication of who people will support for president? Seriously?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:31 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:

Cool story.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So the number of bumper stickers you counted is an accurate indication of who people will support for president? Seriously?
Did I say that anywhere in my post? No. What I meant is that it seems to indicate a general lack of interest in the public, whereas in prior years I've seen anti-Obama stickers EVERYWHERE, or the 2008 election where there were stickers for either side everywhere. I don't think the majority of people are terribly passionate this election.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
When Ohio goes to Romney it's going to be priceless!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I am in Florida and I will tell to you all I see are Obama/Biden 2012 stickers...I am amazed. I was on 275 heading North and I saw a brand new Merceedes and the guy driving had 5 Obama/Biden 2012 stickers on his brand new Mercedees and for the record he was NOT a black man. I was very shocked. I have YET to see a Romney sticker, I dont know if his campaign hasn't released them,but I haven't seem a Romney sticker yet...
Im in teaparty capital SC. They hate Obama and I see just as many Obama stickers as I do romney if not more. The funny thing is (I cant make this up) the other day I seen a single wide mobile home that was leaning up in the front and I could see everything up under it. On the lawn was a big azz romney yard sign and then right beside it was another about 25 yards away was another single in the same shape with a rebel flag on the steps flapping away These people think romney cares about them? I guess hate is stronger though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections