Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,171,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course those who are die in the wool birthers will continue to go after him, but we all know from 6 years ago or less, no one is going to run for President unless they are positive they are legally eligible. there is also a difference in the two cases: 1-In the case of Obama some doubted where he was born and if his birth certificate was legal, in the case of Cruz we know where he was born.

^^^^^^^
again, you are just proving my point, I still say it is an issue of race. There is absolutely no difference in the two cases. There was no reason to doubt where he was born or that his birth certificate was fraudulent. So when he finally produced his birth certificate, suddenly, it was fraudulent..(I wish he hadnt, to me that was utterly humiliating, not to mention, if there was smoke there, Hillary wouldve found it) NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS EVER HAD TO AUTHENTICATE HIS BIRTH, at least that I am aware of. Hell, there was a congressman last week, from Florida, his name escapes , me, that wouldnt go on record to say Obama was eligible to be president, yet I am sure that same senator would support Cruz.

Now I have no issue with disagreeing with Obama on his polices, heck, I disagree with them too. You cant support Cruz for a run in one breath, and then say Obama is ineligible in the next breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,398,441 times
Quote:
of course those who are die in the wool birthers will continue to go after him, but we all know from 6 years ago or less, no one is going to run for President unless they are positive they are legally eligible. there is also a difference in the two cases: 1-In the case of Obama some doubted where he was born and if his birth certificate was legal, in the case of Cruz we know where he was born.
While there are a few differences the same outcome is inferred in that the two men in question do not qualify to be President because they weren't born in the USA. The only difference i can see is Cruz was definitely born in Canada while Obama is only alleged to have been born in Kenya.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
^^^^^^^
again, you are just proving my point, I still say it is an issue of race. There is absolutely no difference in the two cases. There was no reason to doubt where he was born or that his birth certificate was fraudulent. So when he finally produced his birth certificate, suddenly, it was fraudulent..(I wish he hadnt, to me that was utterly humiliating, not to mention, if there was smoke there, Hillary wouldve found it) NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS EVER HAD TO AUTHENTICATE HIS BIRTH, at least that I am aware of. Hell, there was a congressman last week, from Florida, his name escapes , me, that wouldnt go on record to say Obama was eligible to be president, yet I am sure that same senator would support Cruz.

Now I have no issue with disagreeing with Obama on his polices, heck, I disagree with them too. You cant support Cruz for a run in one breath, and then say Obama is ineligible in the next breath.
first of all, I am not a birther, I think the entire thing should just be dropped. That being said, the birthers are on both sides. The left, right here, are the ones that starter the Cruz birther issue a few months ago. you miss that part. There will be those who will keep harping about this, but it isn't going to determine who is our next president. I agree with you, I don't like Obama, but his being legal or not has nothing to do with the birther issue. I do say, there is a difference though. In the case of Cruz, it has to be proven, he is eligible regardless of his being born in Canada. In the case of Obama, there was an issue as to where he was born. Or the birthers saw it as an issue.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While there are a few differences the same outcome is inferred in that the two men in question do not qualify to be President because they weren't born in the USA. The only difference i can see is Cruz was definitely born in Canada while Obama is only alleged to have been born in Kenya.
I am not disputing what you or anyone else is saying. I totally agree. Cruz being qualified has been explained but the birthers on the left are not going to accept this. Obama's birth certificate has been shown but the birthers on the right do not believe it is a true certificate. They never will give it up. The same with all those who said McCain wasn't qualified. we can go on and on about this. We are saying the same thing, so It is probably time to drop it.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,892,720 times
Quote:
I am not disputing what you or anyone else is saying. I totally agree. Cruz being qualified has been explained but the birthers on the left are not going to accept this. Obama's birth certificate has been shown but the birthers on the right do not believe it is a true certificate. They never will give it up. The same with all those who said McCain wasn't qualified. we can go on and on about this. We are saying the same thing, so It is probably time to drop it.
You keep talking about "birthers on the left," as though there is some organized group of left wing birthers going after Cruz the way the way the right wing birthers have harangued the president. This is simply untrue. If you can show otherwise, please point me to where they are. In return, I can point you to dozens of birther sites where they debase the president as an illegitimate usurper on a daily basis. There is no comparable movement on the left, just a few of us poking birthers with sticks because it's funny to watch them twist themselves into pretzels trying to explain why Cruz is eligible and Obama is not.

Many real hardcore birthers are claiming Cruz is not eligible (he is) because to do otherwise would be to admit that the president is, indeed, legitimate, and they will eat their own TP candidates before they do that. Which is going to create a problem for Mr. Cruz in the long run. I have no problem with that. Feed the beast long enough and eventually it will turn on you and eat you.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 09-10-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,398,441 times
Quote:
We are almost saying the same thing. Cruz was born in Calgary Canada, Obama was born in Hawaii, the right have some how come up with some contorted logic to explain how Cruz can qualify to be President while the rightwing birthers are still maintaining Obama was born in Kenya and doesnt Qualify to be President.
Bottom line President Obama will serve 2 terms as President, Cruz will never even get close.
As for left wing birthers? i've never heard of such a movement, where have you heard about it?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,171,352 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You keep talking about "birthers on the left," as though there is some organized group of left wing birthers going after Cruz the way the way the right wing birthers have harangued the president. This is simply untrue. If you can show otherwise, please point me to where they are. In return, I can point you to dozens of birther sites where they debase the president as an illegitimate usurper on a daily basis. There is no comparable movement on the left, just a few of us poking birthers with sticks because it's funny to watch them twist themselves into pretzels trying to explain why Cruz is eligible and Obama is not.

Many real hardcore birthers are claiming Cruz is not eligible (he is) because to do otherwise would be to admit that the president is, indeed, legitimate, and they will eat their own TP candidates before they do that. Which is going to create a problem for Mr. Cruz in the long run. I have no problem with that. Feed the beast long enough and eventually it will turn on you and eat you.
HeyJude, you get my point! and you have summed it up quite nicely. There is no birther movement on the left, to say otherwise is just a lie. So as I said, no one can convince me this wasnt about race, because there is not a mass birther movement against Cruz.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,892,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
HeyJude, you get my point! and you have summed it up quite nicely. There is no birther movement on the left, to say otherwise is just a lie. So as I said, no one can convince me this wasnt about race, because there is not a mass birther movement against Cruz.
All of us who have watched birthers over the last five years have had no delusions regarding exactly what it has been about all along. The only ones who deny it are those who continue to espouse this dying movement, and those like Nita, who attempt to deflect attention away from the birthers' true aim by pretending that there are birthers on the left as well. There aren't. Those racists belong wholly to the GOP.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 12 days ago)

52,724 posts, read 48,043,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The SCOTUS is not partisan. Say what you want, but we see what happened with ObamaCare.

As far as the Presidency, the House, and the Senate, yes I would like the Republicans to hold them all. Not forever, but at least for two years.
Why only two? We need for it to be much longer than that to recover from this hot mess we're in. Ted Cruz is the future of the conservative GOP. We need for the party to get back to the principles that made us a great and effective party in the first place, and Cruz will help lead the way.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Which hard core bithers are you talking about? You know darn well, those who are questioning Cruz are on one side of the fence and those who questioned Obama's birth certificate were or are on the other. Just look around here, go back to the post questioned Cruz's citizenship, see who responded. Of course there is no birther organization, but sides are and will be taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections