Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,788,643 times

Advertisements

What if Romney doesn't get the Republican nomination? What if Ryan does instead? Is that a possibility? Something is fishy because Romney has not been looking very viable in the past few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
I relocated to WI from a place where Panda Express and their delicious mandarin chicken were found every other mile.

I am truly appalled at the lack of Panda's in Wisconsin. Hopefully this is something Paul Ryan is passionate about and works to improve, although I doubt it since he already has one in that piece of crap mall in Janesville.
Don't give up hope. I am sure Ryan is passionate about proliferating Panda Expresses everywhere.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:19 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
Why did Willard dump this announcement in on an olympic Saturday morning? It's not like it was going to generate any buzz anyway but it just seems strange. Does he think this will get the focus on him hiding his tax record from the voters off? Was it the recent polls showing him getting rolled up? By Monday morning, no one will care that a generic Washington politician who's a prominent member of the most hated congress in history is his running mate. He'll still not have released his tax records and will have galvanized dems with such meh pick.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post
That's because you are looking at education only. Here's a state-by-state table of how much each state received from the Federal in 2007:

For example Alabama (first in the table) received $ 47.889 Billion.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/10s0467.xls
Yes, I'm looking at education only because it is 1/3 of what your claim was based on....like I said, I don't have time to do all of your homework for you.

Now the problem with your chart is that it shows ALL federal spending, and your original point was about police, fire, and teachers...I'm sure that some of this spending is on stuff like FEMA funds for emergencies and what not....dont change the topic.

Additionally, in your example of Alabama's $47B, 25% of that is categorized as "defense" which I assume doesnt quite fit into either or the three areas (police, fire, and teachers) that you originally claimed.

You really have not proven anything, sorry.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:21 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,205,009 times
Why do people still believe ron Paul has a chance to be the Nominee

Old 08-11-2012, 09:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
What if Romney doesn't get the Republican nomination? What if Ryan does instead? Is that a possibility? Something is fishy because Romney has not been looking very viable in the past few weeks.
Well, Romney did introduce Ryan as "The Next President of the United States."

Old 08-11-2012, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Romney just lost the election!

Quote:
POLL: TEA PARTY VOTERS OPPOSE CUTS TO MEDICARE, SOCIAL SECURITY | A new McClatchy-Marist Institute for Public Opinion poll shows 81 percent of voters oppose major cuts to Social Security and Medicare. The poll, which tests voters’ opinions of deficit cutting policies being considered by the super committee, found overwhelming opposition to such cuts within each demographic. Even supposedly anti-government Tea Party supporters opposed the cuts by a 76-22 margin. The poll also found consensus behind increasing taxes on higher-earning Americans: 67 percent of respondents agreed with that suggestion, including 53 percent of Republicans.
Poll: Tea Party Voters Oppose Cuts To Medicare, Social Security | ThinkProgress

Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,401,390 times
I hope the press asks Paul Ryan to clarify his current views on Ayn Rand and the book "Atlas Shrugged."

Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 AM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Nana na na,
nana na na,
hey hey hey,
Goodbye....

Obama will appreciate this going away song for him.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 AM

271 posts, read 168,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yes, I'm looking at education only because it is 1/3 of what your claim was based on....like I said, I don't have time to do all of your homework for you.

Now the problem with your chart is that it shows ALL federal spending, and your original point was about police, fire, and teachers...I'm sure that some of this spending is on stuff like FEMA funds for emergencies and what not....dont change the topic.
Quote:
Additionally, in your example of Alabama's $47B, 25% of that is categorized as "defense" which I assume doesnt quite fit into either or the three areas (police, fire, and teachers) that you originally claimed.

You really have not proven anything, sorry.
1. Are you saying that if the federal government cuts spending, gives less money to the states, this won't impact the states ability to keep its police force, firefighters and teachers???

2. You have serious problems with reading a table:

Alabama's $47.889B, $11,4B for defense, 36.4B for non-defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections