Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,182,764 times

Advertisements

A good first start. Since the Liberals and Obama refused to do anything this should be the default position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I still want an answer as to why Medicare is considered unsustainable, but four wars are not,

Probably a rhetorical question, anyway. It's all a hypothetical fiction to the powers that be.
It is, but unfortunately we have been electing presidents that seem to enjoy spending money on wars. Neither candidate is for bringing all of our soldiers home and using this money domestically.

There are candidates that are but they get labeled as out of touch.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Folks..Ryan is not in line for the Presidency. Some of your comments have Ryan making policy.
It's Romney that is going for President here, not Ryan.
We saw this 4 years ago. We didn't get debates comparing Obama to McCain but rather Obama to Palin with Biden not even worthy to be brought up in any conversation it seems.

I will not vote for R&R because I do not believe Romney has any desire to change things and Ryan voted for all of the things I am against. The bailouts, etc. That said, Ryan will absolutely embarass Biden in the debates.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If you're 54 years old, you've got serious concerns.
I'm 50 and I believe the system Ryan promotes is one that we should have had all along. I'm willing to accept things being a little more complicated for me if things are better for my kids.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,410,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm 50 and I believe the system Ryan promotes is one that we should have had all along. I'm willing to accept things being a little more complicated for me if things are better for my kids.
That's the point, it wont be better for your kids. Lots of other programs and entire federal departments to gut, before you have yo destroy Medicare.

Your kids under the Ryan plan would be responsible for 65% of their healthcare costs. You are responsible for about 30%.

Hows that better? While extending tax cuts that haven't helped the economy? By continuing military spending growth that's bloated to the entire worlds levels?

You don't state why you think it'd be better for your kids. Please tell us. You may be uninformed.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:16 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,589,026 times
Default Paul Ryan's budget

Is the same neocon smoke and mirrors they've been peddling for years.

If it worked; if tax cuts truly did result in revenue gains, then the past twelve years with those generous tax cuts should have the US Treasury overflowing with funds.

It does not work.

Our current economic mess is proof positive.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
That's the point, it wont be better for your kids. Lots of other programs and entire federal departments to gut, before you have yo destroy Medicare.
I believe it would be. It's always better to own and control whatever we are talking about.

Quote:
Your kids under the Ryan plan would be responsible for 65% of their healthcare costs. You are responsible for about 30%.

Hows that better? While extending tax cuts that haven't helped the economy? By continuing military spending growth that's bloated to the entire worlds levels?

You don't state why you think it'd be better for your kids. Please tell us. You may be uninformed.
Sorry, I dismiss talking points when we all know the facts. Obama has no desire to end the massive military spending. That means Medicare goes further in the crapper. That means more money out of pocket either in taxes or directly for everyone.

Sorry, you can not argue the status quo when it is not sustainable.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Is the same neocon smoke and mirrors they've been peddling for years.

If it worked; if tax cuts truly did result in revenue gains, then the past twelve years with those generous tax cuts should have the US Treasury overflowing with funds.

It does not work.

Our current economic mess is proof positive.
Tax cuts have always resulted in revenue gains. Massive new spending always exceeds them. You knew this though.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:

Under the current plan everyone's kids will be responsible for 100% of their healthcare costs because you can't get money from a bankrupt program.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:35 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,691,668 times
Quote:

Everyone needs to be responsible for their own costs. I pay 100% of my own health care costs directly or with insurance I buy. Government is funded by the public, no one else. There is no magic money tree and no free lunch.

The biggest scam perpetrated by leftists on citizens is this idea there is someone else that is going to pay for you and that there is all this "free" stuff out there. None of it is free.

All we are doing when we send money to the government is cycling our money through a massive bureaucracy of waste and then we get back a smaller sum in services. Sounds stupid to me.

If you got government out of health care, the prices would plunge. Hospitals these days need about as much floor space for bureaucrats to comply with government regulation as they do floor space for their actual business of health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections