Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
that reporter is the liar. I watched last night and the speakers were dead on.
So how do you explain that even the Los Angeles Times, a very conservative newspaper, reported that there comes a time when you have to choose ethics and reporting the truth?

[url=http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-santorum-welfare-obama-20120828,0,1255653.story]Rick Santorum repeats inaccurate welfare attack on Obama - latimes.com[/url]

Even when Rick Santorum was asked by Andrew Mitchell why he keeps repeating what has been proven false by several reliable sources and was even a program requested by Republican governors, he just laughed.

"In fact, Obama did not waive the work requirement."

"His administration in July issued a letter to state governments saying that the Department of Health and Human Services would consider requests from states to experiment with new ways to fulfill the work requirements. The letter said that in order to receive waivers to carry out the experiments, states would have to show that their plans would move more welfare recipients into jobs than existing policies.
"

Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So how do you explain that even the Los Angeles Times, a very conservative newspaper, reported that there comes a time when you have to choose ethics and reporting the truth?

Rick Santorum repeats inaccurate welfare attack on Obama - latimes.com

Even when Rick Santorum was asked by Andrew Mitchell why he keeps repeating what has been proven false by several reliable sources and was even a program requested by Republican governors, he just laughed.
How could ANYBODY think the Los Angeles Times is a CONSERVATIVE newspaper?

it's absolutely NOT A CONSERVATIVE PAPER. It's blatantly LIBERAL.

Quote:
Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

Here's more liberal bias proof in the media.

Media Research Center - Journalists Admitting Liberal Bias, Part One

Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
that reporter is the liar. I watched last night and the speakers were dead on.
Stepford wife included? Get real!

Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Looking forward to night 2 of the Lie Machine...

Old 08-29-2012, 04:00 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Don't you get it? The Republican Party wanted to get rid of Obama from the day he took office. They have obstructed every attempt he has made to get ANY of his programs to improve our country or the economy or increase jobs passed through congress. The Republicans have been the ones who have stopped any attempt to help the people of the U.S., merely because they want one of their own party in the office of the President. Shame on them for what they have wrought on the American people. They only care about their idealogy and nothing for the poor or unemployed.
This is absolutely correct. Via my education, I should be, and have been, a Republican. Their values are despicable and being registered as one made me feel like a wh**e. I am now a Democrat. That is correct. They only care about a select group of people's best interests. They're almost like the old quote: "What's good for General Motors is good for the country." I forgot who said that and when, but it created quite a stir. For the GOPs, that mentality is still there. In the process, the "rubber meets the road" people are forgotten. I can't hang with that. Derailing the Democrats seems to be their whole agenda, irrespective of content.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:46 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
For those that think Romney was handed his career: How many people do you know that went to law school and business school at the same time? Maybe some of the people you know got through college smoking pot and snorting coke and their grades were so bad that they can't even make them public.
He also said he had a wife and kids during the same time frame and no paycheck coming in. How did he afford all that?

Old 08-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He also said he had a wife and kids during the same time frame and no paycheck coming in. How did he afford all that?
Mitt and Ann had to sell some of the stock portfolio they received from their parents to make ends meet. You know, just like every other struggling college student.

Ann Romney came across in her speech just like I expected. She oozes entitlement attitide and her speech was a trite, meaningless ode to her husband. It was exactly the kind of speech you would expect an obedient, Mormon, Stepford wife to deliver. I found it more than a little creepy.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Glad you posted it again, so we do not forget what he said, and all can see that we have not taken anything out of context!

Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Default Republican National Convention - Live Stream [You Tube]

I believe Ron Paul is about to be announced by Mitch McConnell...

2012 Republican National Convention - YouTube

Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,732 times
Joking, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections