Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
you guys just cant stop talking about this speech, can you?

Its got you so upset!
I know, truth and voters really make them mad. They detest both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 AM

998 posts, read 1,325,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Could you imagine if Hillary was actually there - between the two of them, folks might
forget Obama all together
That would almost be as bad as when that empty chair upstaged Mitt at his own convention; remember that???

Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Funny--we haven't seen much of that "sound" logic here.
You just don't have the ability to recognize it, genius.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So maybe you can validate Clinton wasnt lying when he said Obama has a plan to cut the debt. Link me to this plan please...
Part of cutting the debt is removing the Bush Tax cuts for the 1%.

Part of cutting the debt is getting us out of Afganistan. It's a plan that is in progress now.

Part of cutting the debt was getting us out of Iraq. We are out of Iraq already and no longer spending on Iraq like before.

The Rebubs will increase the debt with continuing the Bush tax cuts on the 1% which are what added to the debt in the first place. And the Rebubs will add to the debt with their massive increase in Defense spending and they likely will get us into another war or two.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is crazy to think about that, but I can't help but wonder.

Bill would be the person everyone loves to hate instead of GWB. And Obama would have never been elected cause people would have been so upset with DEMs, GOP would have been a shoo-in.

As it stands, no one ever thinks about the Trade Ctr. being bombed first go round on Clinton's watch and w/ everyone knowing full well that binLaden was the master-mind.

Clinton is the Dem Rock Star. He did a superb job last night and that is what he was expected to do.

Anyone who didn't think the guy was amazing is more fulla bulla than Clinton himself is.

Accurate? Uh, no. But he has always been known for twisting the truth and pumping up the BS.

The thing is, no one cares, lol. You just wanna love the Comeback Kid.

Clinton is an attorney and he can make you think east is west and up is down.

He will dazzle and delight.

If nothing else, he will confuse. I am still wondering what the meaning of the word "is," is.

Love you, Bill.

I am writing in his name come November. Things might still suck as bad under Clinton, but he would have us all feeling good about it!

Clinton 2016!!!!!!!!
So Clinton makes you feel loved, the Republicans Administration was forewarned about the World Trade and still managed an epic fail, Clinton makes you feel good and Clinton confuses you...

Interesting fantasy you have going on.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Part of cutting the debt is removing the Bush Tax cuts for the 1%.

Part of cutting the debt is getting us out of Afganistan. It's a plan that is in progress now.

Part of cutting the debt was getting us out of Iraq. We are out of Iraq already and no longer spending on Iraq like before.

The Rebubs will increase the debt with continuing the Bush tax cuts on the 1% which are what added to the debt in the first place. And the Rebubs will add to the debt with their massive increase in Defense spending and they likely will get us into another war or two.
nice spin, but thats not what they are talking about.. If you watched the speech you'd know that..

That’s the kind of balanced approach proposed by the Simpson-Bowles commission, a bipartisan commission. … It passes the arithmetic test.â€

And as the Washington Post said

Obama’s jobs plan was more of a rhetorical device, aimed at Republicans, rather than a real plan. He even used the same $1 trillion in previously-agreed savings with Republicans, mentioned above, that was supposed to be in his budget in order to pay for this plan. The jobs plan also would be paid with the imaginary money from winding down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (The administration argued that the budget had never passed, so the money could be used again.)

Old 09-06-2012, 06:05 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Women have a thing for the Clintonian shister. They don't have the wisdom nor the strength to resist the LIAR. When the camera panned the audience as Slick Willie was hoodwinking his captive audience, the faces of the women seemed to say, ''pick me, Willie, pick me.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz looked like she was having a _____ !!
So let me get this straight. I've been a marketing, development/PR professional for 30 years, with about a 10 year stint as a lobbyist. I grew up in a political family, and my husband started his career on the staff of a republican governor. You believe that my comment that Clinton gave a very effective speech is because I'm a woman, and I can't resist Bill Clinton--that I'm SWOONING over him or something?

And you wonder why more and more women, including conservative women, are starting to have one h*ll of a problem with the republican party?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: name calling

Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,573,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I dozed off here and there.
A great number of GOP supporters did. Has to do with the speech being broadcast after 8pm and the average age of Republicans.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Michelle Obama's speech full of lies.

Michelle Obama's speech was packed full of lies, not the least of which was her claim that she and Obama grew up under similar circumstances, though Obama grew up "across the country."

How about across the world, Michelle? Obama spent his formative years in Indonesia, attending a Muslim school. He didn't know his father, as his mother left his father only a few weeks after he was born.

Obama's "father figure" was his communist mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, who instilled Obama with communist-Marxist thought.

Obama was brought up to believe America was an oppressor nation, which is why he seemed perfectly comfortable sitting in Jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years listening to Anti-American hate speech. Obama never loved this country. His goal is and always has been to take part in a revolution that would "fundamentally transform the United States of America" (his words).

Articles: Michelle Obama Pants on Fire

Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So let me get this straight. I've been a marketing, development/PR professional for 30 years, with about a 10 year stint as a lobbyist. I grew up in a political family, and my husband started his career on the staff of a republican governor. You believe that my comment that Clinton gave an very effective speech is because I'm a woman, and I can't resist Bill Clinton--that I'm SWOONING over him or something?

And you wonder why more and more women, including conservative women, are starting to have one h*ll of a problem with the republican party? You are a complete and total nut.

Clinton is nothing but a con man. Where does that put you?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-09-2012 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections