Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Let's be clear, shall we?

Poll reveals gap between married and single women - Crossroads - CBS News

Cuz dem single vimmen wants their free birth control, yes they do! LOL!
My bad, I meant to say overall, women favor obama. I knew that married women favored romney. I never understand these threads. I get the fact that this person hates obama, but the simple reality is, he and the democratic party appeal to different groups, just like the republicans do. I have my issues with the republican party and mitt romney, but I can atleast understand why certain groups love him and the republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,200,670 times
NightTrain5, yes, I, too, can see why there are certain groups who really like Romney. To each his/her own.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM

403 posts, read 867,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Women, like men, are effected by high unemployment, lower wages, lower personal savings, unrestricted illegal immigration and massive debt.

Given that women are humans (unlike what the democrats would like us to believe) they are equally negatively impacted by the terrible economy that Obama has created.

No one cares about abortion and gay marriage when they are broke, homeless, and have no future for their children. How could any mother vote for Obama, which is an economic vote against the hopes and future of their own children?
Really? Ryan voted against equal pay for women. Romney & Ryan both want to force their religious agenda on us women...no birth control, tell us when it's a ligitimate rape so we can have abortions (it's of no ones business but those involved with the choice), outlaw all invitro & fertilization assistance (the embryos not used are considered abortions according to Ryan).

So no you tell me again why I want some man, who doesn't know me, tell me I must follow a religions I have never been part of & how I should live my life & have a job that doesn't make as much as the guy sitting next to me.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM

403 posts, read 867,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
The fact that so many of you are still supporting Obama and the Dems is proof that you just can't fix stupid.
Your right, we can't fix stupid, it's why we lean to Obama. Nor do we care to be the Stepford wives Romney/Ryan want.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
Your right, we can't fix stupid, it's why we lean to Obama. Nor do we care to be the Stepford wives Romney/Ryan want.
If Romney wins, more women will die either from cancer or from illegal abortions. But he does not care.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
You sound upset and almost hysterical. I'm sorry that something about this election has upset you so much. Not knowing your personal situation, I can only speculate.

I wonder where you are retrieving all your statistics and research that you are PERSONALLY * DOING * ON * YOUR * OWN? Do you use the internet to obtain information that is from reputable sources? Or are you listening to malicious gossip from trolls to influence your thinking? It is very possible that you've allowed negative sources to upset you unnecessarily!! Would you be willing to believe that instead of what you said in your post?

If you are broke and homeless, there are programs to help you get back on your feet. Romney won't be able to help you with that...in fact, I'd bet that if he becomes president, those programs will all but disappear.

I have personally done my research ever since I first heard about Obama possibly starting in 2007. I was fearful. We had a "Middle Eastern" man who wanted to run for president? Soon I discovered that Obama was born in Hawaii, in the United States of America. He is a devout Christian but not a flamboyant one. There is much documentation to prove this. After graduating from prestigious Harvard, he took a job in Chicago as a community organizer making $13,000 a year. He could have had a job in a prestigious law firm, but he chose to work for very little pay doing something he believed in and was passionate about.

Personally...mothers who vote for Obama are voting for a solid middle class. It's gonna take some time to get this show back on the road, and it WILL happen. There is a high percentage of women who are for Obama. Don't have time to pull stats, but you can do it. It is so important that each of us researched the candidates without listening to gaslighting and malicious gossip. We have to be informed, especially as women. Romney will not improve things for the middle class...and since he is for the well-to-do business types...he will definitely NOT improve anything for women with children. Obama will! Trust that.

Hysterical? No, I would say I sound rational. Women who vote for Obama over the fear mongering that Obama dishes out over abortion rights are downright silly.

Here is why women will vote for Romney

8.3% unemployment
$16 trillion in debt
$1.3 trillion annual deficits
personal incomes down 7.5%
personal savings down 40%
50 million on foodstamps
largest tax increase in US history via Obamacare
looting $750 billion from medicare

Women, unlike what the dems think, are humans who need food, shelter, and a job. That is why they will vote for Romney.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 AM

441 posts, read 501,068 times
Quote:
Hysterical? No, I would say I sound rational. Women who vote for Obama over the fear mongering that Obama dishes out over abortion rights are downright silly.

8.3% unemployment
$16 trillion in debt
50 million on foodstamps

Women, unlike what the dems think, are humans who need food, shelter, and a job. That is why they will vote for Romney.
Oh, darn, those silly little womenfolk worrying their pretty little heads about politics! Fiddle-dee-dee!

I am now SURE you've never actually met a woman, Hawkeye.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
this

and the defacto head of the GOP (Mr. Limbaugh) calling names women who DARE talk about contraception.

Oh and AKIN saying that if you are REALLY RAPED you wouldn't get pregnant.
Let's not forget Republican Rick Santorum with this pronouncement that having a baby by a rapist is a gift from God.

The only women I can see voting for Romney are the ladies of the club who not only have never worked day in their lives but also don't even get their hands dirty doing their own housework. Romney is the candidate of the entitlement class that believes that since they were born with it, they have exclusive rights to it, and that those of us who have to WORK for it should have obstacles put in the way of our path to success.

Quote:
Republicans have voted en masse against gender equality in pay as a matter of course in their drive to discriminate against women. Except for four GOP senators, every Republican voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 that amended title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967. In the Senate in 2010, every Republican voted against the Paycheck Fairness Act that was another attempt to combat wage discrimination on the basis of gender.
more here:
Women Will Save America From the Republican Party's Attack On Equal Rights

Old 09-05-2012, 07:55 AM

23 posts, read 18,517 times
Quote:

8.3% unemployment
$16 trillion in debt
50 million on foodstamps

Well You are not even able to get the numbers right .Oh BTW your saviors Robmey & Lyin'Ryan plan to take the EXACT same amount from Medicare 716(correct figure)Billion .Geeze some are indeed as dumb as rocks.Knowledge does a brain good.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:57 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:

8.3% unemployment
$16 trillion in debt
50 million on foodstamps

"downright silly"......do you think if you tried really hard you could be a little more patriarchal and a little more patronizing?

Obviously you don't read responses to your posts, which is just another indication of arrogance and the feeling of superiority to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections