Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,269 times

Advertisements

I think once Obama is re elected the days of seeing 2 white males running the country are over. Next we will have our first Latino President, First female President, First Indian or Muslim president. The days of white middle aged men running the U. S. are over...that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I think once Obama is re elected the days of seeing 2 white males running the country are over. Next we will have our first Latino President, First female President, First Indian or Muslim president. The days of white middle aged men running the U. S. are over...that is for sure.
Let the church say, "Amen"!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
That is a dumb statement...... if you look up pics of all the big bankers you will find that most are white..... because of the Dems and Reps, they are the ones that run the US..... not Obama or Romney

One of many reasons why the nation needs to wake up

Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
That is a dumb statement...... if you look up pics of all the big bankers you will find that most are white..... because of the Dems and Reps, they are the ones that run the US..... not Obama or Romney

One of many reasons why the nation needs to wake up
That is fine, keep thinking that..just sit back and watch. This nation is being catapulted into a new direction that we have not been used to. I did not say running a bank...I said running this nation. Maybe you feel that this nation is like a cooperation....doesn't matter but the statement i made is the way of the future. Its amazing to think, This nation of the United states would not even allow blacks to read,or vote, or use the same rest room with whites is now being ran by a black man. Its amazing to see an Indian Govenor Jindal to over see a state, It is amazing to see 3rd generation Cubans as senators for their state. They may not run banks, but they assist in the legislative process when there was a time they wouldn't even be able to walk on the same street as a white person. \

God has a great sense of humor and has an amazing way of showing HIS children how this world and country was meant to be shared. Not one race or party line is better than the other. But seriously the days of old White man running the U.S. is over...The tea party is privy to that and that gives them the momentum to attempt to rebel because this is a new way of living for most of them. I will go on a limb and say maybe one day, just one day the U. S. may even have a Gay President. WE may not be around to see that but the direction we are going in it is bound to happen

Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
That is fine, keep thinking that..just sit back and watch. This nation is being catapulted into a new direction that we have not been used to. I did not say running a bank...I said running this nation. Maybe you feel that this nation is like a cooperation....doesn't matter but the statement i made is the way of the future. Its amazing to think, This nation of the United states would not even allow blacks to read,or vote, or use the same rest room with whites is now being ran by a black man. Its amazing to see an Indian Govenor Jindal to over see a state, It is amazing to see 3rd generation Cubans as senators for their state. They may not run banks, but they assist in the legislative process when there was a time they wouldn't even be able to walk on the same street as a white person. \

God has a great sense of humor and has an amazing way of showing HIS children how this world and country was meant to be shared. Not one race or party line is better than the other. But seriously the days of old White man running the U.S. is over...The tea party is privy to that and that gives them the momentum to attempt to rebel because this is a new way of living for most of them. I will go on a limb and say maybe one day, just one day the U. S. may even have a Gay President. WE may not be around to see that but the direction we are going in it is bound to happen
Don't care about ones sexual orientation or race

Check out both candidates donations sometime...... bankers run this country, not the president or the people..... we all pay the price

Because of them, the people have no true say.... we get the candidates THEY want, not the ones that might fix this country

Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
No president ever got re-elected in an economy like we have now. It's the economy stupid, I agree with Clinton.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:

It's amazing how you crammed God, hatred, racism, and gays into one incoherent paragraph. It's this kind of pervasive thinking on the left that will cost the dems the election. We are still a center-right nation. Sure it was great and historic to elect a black president. What's not so great is that he was elected simply because of his race and not his qualifications as is evidenced by his dismal record. Just because Obama was elected once doesn't mean we have to repeat that mistake again.

For conservatives, this election isn't about race as you so blindly believe, but about which candidate is more prepared to lead our nation out of this recession. But you keep on Hoping because come November there is certainly going to be a Change.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
It's amazing how you crammed God, hatred, racism, and gays into one incoherent paragraph. It's this kind of pervasive thinking on the left that will cost the dems the election. We are still a center-right nation. Sure it was great and historic to elect a black president. What's not so great is that he was elected simply because of his race and not his qualifications as is evidenced by his dismal record. Just because Obama was elected once doesn't mean we have to repeat that mistake again.

For conservatives, this election isn't about race as you so blindly believe, but about which candidate is more prepared to lead our nation out of this recession. But you keep on Hoping because come November there is certainly going to be a Change.
You have proven my point exactly...If Baby Bush was elected twice and couldn't accomplish 1/3 of what Obama has done positively for a nation..than this should be a cake walk for the Obama camp.

The republicans are using the old Adolf Hitler adage in that if you say a lie enough the people will believe it. And to say or nation is center right nation--that is the problem right there...You haven't awaken to realize this is no longer the nation you once knew and loved. It has progressed and evolved into a nation that is building domestic and internationally bridges together. Acceptance, tolerance, and growth and investing in our future which is our children--WE built this...We believe in this and WE will continue to move forward Get used to calling President Obama President until 2017....sorry to break it to you

Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Mitt Romney will not win the presidency in November. He was soundly rejected in '08. The only reason that he is the nominee this election is NOT because he is the most qualified, desirable, or ideal Republican hopeful who exists. It is because the other choices were so historically BAD. The man has a repulsive record at Bain that would surely sink his chances were he to be more transparent. Deval Patrick gave a moving speech about Romney as governor. Romney nothing more than a goon with an enormous sense of entitlemen and a false sense of superiority. He has such a repulsive, self-serving history, that he has vowed never to release his tax returns. We're supposed to "take his word" that he didn't take advantage of the system like is the custom of the rich people who support him. Absurd.

Deceptive marketing is the foundation of his campaign. It is common knowledge that Bush's presidency was a collosal failure and that the Republican policies that Mitt promotes were a complete failure. He and the GOP want us to pretend that Bush didn't happen. They want us to pretend that the tea party in Congress did nothing but oppose everything President Obama put forth, like a bunch of pouting crybabies in diapers refusing to cooperate because their feelings were hurt. Romney, as the representative of this bunch, the most bigoted in this country, is a loser. This is being clearly exposed this week.

In the coming weeks after the DNC, we will see Romney's numbers begin to fall as the superior President Obama begins to show his obvious superiority. Pubs want to focus on the results of Republican obstructionism. President Obama wants to focus on the progress that he's making despite historically pathetic GOP opposition. I'll take the President's view.

Pubs, are you getting the message yet that Romney hasn't a chance in hell to unseat this popular, effective President Obama? Wake up.

please tell me you didnt type all that up, but instead stole it from one of your moonbat forums ?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
The Message...

From AP

NBC network earned a 1.3/4 rating, down 24% from 2008. ABC had a 0.7/2, down 36% from four years ago. And with a 0.6/2, CBS took the biggest hit, with its coverage down 45% from the comparative night in 2008.
That was during the republican convention, when FOX won the ratings game. This week, for the first time ever, MSNBC has the top ratings (for the first time ever during convention.) Imagine that--FOX wins during the republican convention, and MSNBC during the democratic one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections