Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:59 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I like how you write LOL when you have nothing to say, and think that a six year old could kill OBL. That's when I decide someone is wasting my time. And I don't know about your dollar, but my household is doing well.

Nothing's going to change your mind, so good luck voting for Vulture and Voucher.

They're going to get clobbered.
The surplus myth has been discussed many times. As far as OBL, Obama didn't kill him, he simply said YES. My nephew seems to have no problem saying that. My household is doing just fine and I'm happy your's is too but millions are not.

I guess you're waving the white flag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The surplus myth has been discussed many times. As far as OBL, Obama didn't kill him, he simply said YES. My nephew seems to have no problem saying that. My household is doing just fine and I'm happy your's is too but millions are not.

I guess you're waving the white flag
Actually, I don't think you care or want to know what Obama has or hasn't done. I could address each of your points at length, but it's wasted on you. We've seen what Republicans do when in power, and your casual dismissal of Obama's accomplishments, even the most basic, to me, indicate a level of denial about just how incompetent they are. In other words, you are acting like a demagogue and are not credible. W. had about 7 years to get bin Laden and he couldn't manage it. The Republicans in Congress have proposed nothing. If you think nothing is better than something, vote R.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Actually, I don't think you care or want to know what Obama has or hasn't done. I could address each of your points at length, but it's wasted on you. We've seen what Republicans do when in power, and your casual dismissal of Obama's accomplishments, even the most basic, to me, indicate a level of denial about just how incompetent they are. In other words, you are acting like a demagogue and are not credible. W. had about 7 years to get bin Laden and he couldn't manage it. The Republicans in Congress have proposed nothing. If you think nothing is better than something, vote R.
So, since one does not agree with your point of view, you simply say they are not credible and take your toys and go home? Typical.

I know AND care what Obama's so-called "accomplishments" are and they are few and far between. The facts are right in front of you yet you choose to ignore them as it makes you look ignorant having supported someone that has failed so miserably. It's hard to blame folks for voting for some as grossly unqualified as Obama as the Right offered an extremely poor alternative with McCain/Palin but come on, come back to reality and admit that the past 4 years have been a colossal failure. Sworn in with a 7.8 UE rate, promises a 5.4 Percent UE rate if we passed his $787 billion stimulus and once the dust settled, where exactly is UE rate today, almost 4 years later??

As far as OBL, Obama simply was in the right place at the right time. Sure Bush has 7 years and Obama had another 3 so that's 10 YEARS of hard work by our intelligence folks tracking this fool down. Spare me the BS that Obama had ANYTHING to do with it other than to give the okay to conduct the Seal operation. I bet that was a really hard decision to make.

Perhaps it's time to stop getting your news from publications like Rolling Stone and actually do some research before voting. I won't hold my breath on that though.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaranch View Post
Why should I vote for this guyl?
Because the alternative is voting for a tax-evading, draft-dodging aristocrat who cares about ordinary people the way a wolf cares for sheep.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Because the alternative is voting for a tax-evading, draft-dodging aristocrat who cares about ordinary people the way a wolf cares for sheep.
Call me crazy but I'd prefer the guy that might turn out to be a failure than the one that we already know is a failure based on the past 4 years.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:07 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
I can't wait for the South Park episode after the election when Obama loses.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaranch View Post
Why should I vote for this guyl? Tell me what he has done to improve the quality of life for most people?
Assuming your question is an honest one, and from what I gather from some of your posts here, you probably have good reason to say "show me!". And like a lot of folks who are still struggling these days, its hard to appreciate just how much worse things could be, like if Obama and co. had just stood around and done nothing, when he took office and the U.S. and global economy had already begun imploding all around! And "nothing" is exactly what the GOP has been advocating all along (except for supporting the TARP money to bail out their friends in banking and Wall Street).

So if Obama has accomplished even only one thing, he helped avert another Great Depression (as economists have proven). And yeah, a still recovering job market and crappy real estate values suck, but soup kitchens and over 20% unemployment would suck a lot more!

But OK, for you personally, how 'bout some others, like you're obviously interested in affordable health care. So which is gonna work better for you in NV, having virtually no-cost Obamacare available or facing little or no affordable private health insurance (which BTW, on average only accepts 4 out of 5 major claims anyway)?

Or like real estate... so which one is better gonna help the Las Vegas housing market (the worst in the country).... a prez. who's fighting to make sure banks lighten up on their foreclosures and and lending (now that we bailed 'em out), or a Wall Street-cozy type who will continue to allow lenders carte blanche, including the freedom to cherry-pick their borrowers?

Or lets say you wanna go back to school and train for a better job. Which is gonna be better, an administration that wants to help with affordable student loans and pell grants, that you can even use while on unemployment... or the teapublicans who have been trying to reduce student aid to the lowest in history?!

That's just for starters, but if you're really interested there are plenty of others (that is unless you prefer gambling on the alternatives)! Or as Bill Clinton has best described the Republican position, “We left him a total mess, he didn’t clean it up fast enough... so fire him and put us back in!”

Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments

Last edited by mateo45; 09-08-2012 at 10:20 AM..

Old 09-08-2012, 10:10 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Go to the Google Homepage.

Type: "Obama accomplishments" in the search field.

You can thank me later.
I tried that and got the blue screen of death.

Yeah, thanx.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 PM

313 posts, read 324,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I can't wait for the South Park episode after the election when Obama loses.
The only one with balls enough to make fun of him so far has been Clint. It was a thing of beauty.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM

313 posts, read 324,765 times
Quote:
Dont forget your first God before old hope and change. Clinton had serveral chances at him and chose to pass. We are even told they had to drag Obama thru the door to make this decision. He is no leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections