Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I seriously doubt this was the "emergency" that it is being portrayed as, where Pawlenty needed to take the job right now, or lose out to another candidate.

I've worked at major companies which used temporary CEO's for months until a new CEO was hired.

The election is only 6 weeks away, so this is more likely a political move, and nothing more, during a time when it seems Romney will likely be losing the election.

If Pawlenty thought Romney could win, I think he'd stay on during the next 6 weeks, in the hope of serving in Romney's cabinet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
That's a fair argument, but he would still have had to resign from the campaign before the election even in that case. Why would he put Romney through having to replace him 5 days before the election, the most crucial week of this entire election season?
I am sure if they wanted him so bad that he could have postponed his start date for one week but he wanted to jump ship.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,223,871 times
Well, like Obama says now, 'You can't change Washington from the inside'. He should follow Pawlenty's lead, and bail while he still has a back side.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:24 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,957,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Well, like Obama says now, 'You can't change Washington from the inside'. He should follow Pawlenty's lead, and bail while he still has a back side.
Romney, today:

Romney Slams Obama For Saying He Can't Change Washington From Inside - YouTube

Quote:
The president today threw in the white flag of surrender again. He said he can't change Washington from inside. He can only change it from outside. Well, we're giving him that chance in November. He's going outside! I can change Washington, I will change Washington. We'll get the job from the inside. Republicans and Democrats will come together.
Of course, no quote from Mitt Romney is complete without a matching quote of him saying the exact opposite...

Mitt on Huck, McCain, Ann - First Read
Quote:
I don't think you change Washington from the inside. I think you change it from the outside.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
In this single thread you have now said that you don't work as a volunteer for the Romney campaign, said that you do work as a volunteer for the Romney campaign and are now attempting to go back to the original claim that you have never worked for the Romney campaign. Which is the truth?

It appears that Mitt has taught you well young padawan.
The newbie shills are easy to weed out.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,774,085 times
This year the GOP is like the bad guys in a cartoon. Threatening, doing dastardly deeds, then turning on each other and basically going down in flames. Thanks for the entertainment!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,991,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Romney, today:

Romney Slams Obama For Saying He Can't Change Washington From Inside - YouTube

Of course, no quote from Mitt Romney is complete without a matching quote of him saying the exact opposite...

Mitt on Huck, McCain, Ann - First Read
Too funny !!!!

Hey Republicans .... this is the guy YOU picked !!!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:27 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,693,022 times
I'm glad Pawlenty is gone and while he's a nice guy that did an OK job as governor, he doesn't have the killer instinct and like a lot of Republicans doesn't want to offend.

However the obama cult will do anything or say anything and to push back on that radicalism, you'd got to fight it head on and guys like Pawlenty are not cut out for the fight.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:12 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,590,259 times
The rats are beginning to understand that this ship is on the way down!!!!
Expect more high level departures in the coming weeks.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
You absolutely can't make this stuff up.

I liken it to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party aboard the Titanic. Incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections