Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 PM

3,697 posts, read 5,005,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I would like to see a liberal answer that question. Medicare and Medicaid patients are screwed. More bad news for Medicare patients... don't dare relapse or have complications from an illness or surgery...
Medicare Fines Over Hospitals' Readmitted Patients - ABC News

Is that what you wanted liberals? Rationed and restricted care for Medicare and Medicaid patients?

Obamacare HAS to go. Repeal it!
I have got news for you. Unless you are paying cash for all your heathcare, it is rationed and restricted by your insurance company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Post-Bush decimation is first time in history

No person in the history of the WORLD has ever had to follow a presidency as disastrous as that of Dubya. Republicans had this country on the road to being a Great Depression-induced shanty town with an unemployment rate triple, qradruple, or worse than what it is now.

President Obama resuscitated this country from the Republican Dubya Dark Ages, even with Congressional Republican obstructionism...and don't you forget it either.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
So when Obama is re-elected and I fully expect him to win what conclusions can we draw?

1. He has increased the welfare state and dependency on the government far more than any other President in recent times. If you didnt work and he gave you free things wouldnt you vote for him? Woud you care what the unemployment rate was?

2. The population is dumber. The hero worship on this guy is like nothing Ive ever seen before. The unemployment rate is higher than when he took office. Sad...

No president has called half of the population freeloaders either

Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,655,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
No person in the history of the WORLD has ever had to follow a presidency as disastrous as that of Dubya. Republicans had this country on the road to being a Great Depression-induced shanty town with an unemployment rate triple, qradruple, or worse than what it is now.

President Obama resuscitated this country from the Republican Dubya Dark Ages, even with Congressional Republican obstructionism...and don't you forget it either.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Excellent point as always, Lexus. Bush was a cancer eating at the heart of the nation and Obama is the cure. Anyone who has ever had cancer knows, radiation doesn't work overnight. You have to keep going for months, sometimes years; in the case of the Bush cancer, it will be decades before the cancer is finally beaten. Don't be surprised when Democrats are bringing up Bush in the 2030s and still winning elections by doing so, GOPers. You had your fun voting for that stooge twice. The party is over now. It's time for the adults to clean up the mess.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 AM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
The mess that Obama is leaving will be a major task.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
I have got news for you. Unless you are paying cash for all your heathcare, it is rationed and restricted by your insurance company.
I don't see anything in my insurance policy that fines hospitals for readmissions for relapses and complications. Obamacare specifically targets Medicare patients for reduced access to medical care.

Hope liberals aren't too emotionally attached to their older relatives. They're expendable under Obamacare.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
I don't see anything in my insurance policy that fines hospitals for readmissions for relapses and complications. Obamacare specifically targets Medicare patients for reduced access to medical care.

Hope liberals aren't too emotionally attached to their older relatives. They're expendable under Obamacare.
ObamaCare does not target Medicare patients for reduced access to medical care. That's complete baloney. Your claim was debunked back in the "death panels" days.

As for your insurance policy, the insurance company decides how much it will cover any particular procedure. You also have an upper-limit, in dollars, for care.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The mess that Obama is leaving will be a major task.
What "mess" is that? Obama has spent the last 4 years cleaning up the mess left him. In turn, staggering job losses have been turned into mild job gains; GDP is up; stocks are up; business investment is up., etc. -- all in-spite of the GOP that has stood in his way every step of the way.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
ObamaCare does not target Medicare patients for reduced access to medical care.
Indeed, IT DOES:

Medicare patients are screwed... don't dare relapse or have complications from an illness or surgery...

Quote:
As for your insurance policy, the insurance company decides how much it will cover any particular procedure.
There is no mention of any fines whatsoever for readmission to a hospital in my insurance policy. If I have a relapse or a complication, I'm readmitted and it's covered.

Under Obamacare, Medicare seniors are screwed. Obama specifically targeted seniors who've already paid into the system for restrictions and limits on access to medical care.

Medicaid patients have very high readmission statistics. They haven't paid into the system for years like Medicare patients have, but Obama isn't restricting or limiting their care. He's only cutting off access to medical care for Medicare patients.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM

3,697 posts, read 5,005,027 times
Quote:
Indeed, IT DOES:

Medicare patients are screwed... don't dare relapse or have complications from an illness or surgery...

There is no mention of any fines whatsoever for readmission to a hospital in my insurance policy. If I have a relapse or a complication, I'm readmitted and it's covered.

Under Obamacare, Medicare seniors are screwed. Obama specifically targeted seniors who've already paid into the system for restrictions and limits on access to medical care.

Medicaid patients have very high readmission statistics. They haven't paid into the system for years like Medicare patients have, but Obama isn't restricting or limiting their care. He's only cutting off access to medical care for Medicare patients.
Ah no if they are readmitted and it was deemed preventable then the hospital gets fined. Medicare still pays the bill and yes all insurance including Medicare is restricted. I mean I don't think most insurance companies cover a trip to china to therapy by a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner as well as many of his treatments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections