Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,838,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'd love to see a debate where there are no moderators, both candidates are sitting at a table with a six pack of beer and they have an hour to go back and forth with each other.
Willard doesn't drink alcohol, nor "hot" drinks like coffee or tea, it's against his religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 AM

68,354 posts, read 54,556,290 times
Quote:
I'd love to see a debate where there are no moderators, both candidates are sitting at a table with a six pack of beer and they have an hour to go back and forth with each other.
Then you'd likely chalk up Romney's performance to dehydration, eh?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,756,145 times
Quote:
Screaming how he needs the debate of his life and on and on. Now no matter what he does during the debate the media will scream afterwards that he was horrible and he needed to be better on and on they will chirp as Chris Mathews leg tingles on every word memorized by Obama.

I still have faith the American people aren't as stupid as the democrats and their propaganda outfit think they are.

Media: Mitt Romney needs debate of his life - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com
Do you, or do you not think he is capable of being the leader of the free world? If he is capable of that, he should be able to kick a$$ during a presidential debate, given the fact that he has every possible resource at his fingertips. If he can't overcome the big, scary (yet somehow simultaneously lame) media, he sure can't hold his own on a world stage.

It sounds to me like you think he's going to tank and are already making excuses.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM

68,354 posts, read 54,556,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do you, or do you not think he is capable of being the leader of the free world? If he is capable of that, he should be able to kick a$$ during a presidential debate, given the fact that he has every possible resource at his fingertips. If he can't overcome the big, scary (yet somehow simultaneously lame) media, he sure can't hold his own on a world stage.

It sounds to me like you think he's going to tank and are already making excuses.
Paul Ryan's already been making excuses.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,146,938 times
I'll wait for after the debates, thank you very much, and check in here to see who got pwned.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,223,677 times
Quote:
Screaming how he needs the debate of his life and on and on. Now no matter what he does during the debate the media will scream afterwards that he was horrible and he needed to be better on and on they will chirp as Chris Mathews leg tingles on every word memorized by Obama.

I still have faith the American people aren't as stupid as the democrats and their propaganda outfit think they are.

I'm baffled as to why you would blame the media when it's Chris Christie running all over the news saying that Romney is going to have a "game changing" debate--he's the one saying that Romney needs to hit this one out of the park. Here's what he said on NBC over the weekend:

Christie: Debate will turn presidential race 'upside down' - POLITICO.com
Christie sees debate as re-setter - POLITICO.com

He also took the "poll truthers" to task, stating that of course the polls are accurate, and that Romney is fighting to come up from behind. Here's what he said on ABC:
Chris Christie dismisses poll truthers: The polls aren’t rigged against Romney | The Raw Story

Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM

39,125 posts, read 51,378,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm baffled as to why you would blame the media when it's Chris Christie running all over the news saying that Romney is going to have a "game changing" debate--he's the one saying that Romney needs to hit this one out of the park. Here's what he said on NBC over the weekend:

Christie: Debate will turn presidential race 'upside down' - POLITICO.com
Christie sees debate as re-setter - POLITICO.com

He also took the "poll truthers" to task, stating that of course the polls are accurate, and that Romney is fighting to come up from behind. Here's what he said on ABC:
Chris Christie dismisses poll truthers: The polls aren’t rigged against Romney | The Raw Story
I doubt there is a politician in America who would want to see Romney whipped good more than Christie. He wants that shot in 2016.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,985,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I doubt there is a politician in America who would want to see Romney whipped good more than Christie. He wants that shot in 2016.
It was funny one Sunday's Meet the Press when Christie advised Romney to "go big."

Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times
Quote:

The media is not setting him up. He is the only one that can win it or lose it. It he is going in like he is running his campaign then he may as well stay home.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,052,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

I know Obama isn't and his actions over the past four years have proven that true.

He seems to be doing a pretty good job overcoming the big bad media. They seem in desperation mode lately. Like I said I have faith the American people aren't as stupid as the democrats think they are. It seems the media is starting to think the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections