Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:56 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,079,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The media is not setting him up. He is the only one that can win it or lose it. It he is going in like he is running his campaign then he may as well stay home.
To be hones I haven't paid much attention to either of their campaigns. All you see is the usual rhetoric. What I pay attention to is reality. Reality is Obama is a failure. Is Romney? We will find out as Obama had his chance and blew it. If Romney does the same then he gets voted out next time around. That is how it works unless your a card carrying democrat or republican swooner who just votes straight ticket no matter what. Those are the types that shouldn't be allowed to vote IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,599,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then you'd likely chalk up Romney's performance to dehydration, eh?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,599,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
To be hones I haven't paid much attention to either of their campaigns. All you see is the usual rhetoric. What I pay attention to is reality. Reality is Obama is a failure. Is Romney? We will find out as Obama had his chance and blew it. If Romney does the same then he gets voted out next time around. That is how it works unless your a card carrying democrat or republican swooner who just votes straight ticket no matter what. Those are the types that shouldn't be allowed to vote IMO.
I assume that you didn't see the debates with the other republicans? Obama will be here for another 4 years.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I assume that you didn't see the debates with the other republicans? Obama will be here for another 4 years.

Ron Paul won them all, even when they didn't give him time.

The fix has been in place for longer than there has been an election campaign churning.
The establishment picked another GW. Bush, for us to hold our noses and pull the lever for.

Obama will win this election for good reason.

Obama would not be able to debate Ron Paul. How can you debate honesty and truth?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,916,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul won them all, even when they didn't give him time.

The fix has been in place for longer than there has been an election campaign churning.
The establishment picked another GW. Bush, for us to hold our noses and pull the lever for.

Obama will win this election for good reason.

Obama would not be able to debate Ron Paul. How can you debate honesty and truth?
I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but I completely agree that he would take both Romney and Obama to town in a debate.
Of course, he's been deliberately marginalized by the media and the political establishment (as have other non-Dem/Repub candidates), so much of the country will never know

Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
I cant believe any one will change there preference for candidate no matter who wins or loses the debates,,
KUchief25 You gonna vote for Obama if he wins the debates?
Am i going to vote for Romney if wins the debates?
A definite no on both counts.
These debates are rather pointless as means of determining who one will vote for in the upcoming election,
Big winners in the debates will be the media and all the commercials they can fit into not only the debates but the ensuing days of commentary on those debates.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,356 times
Quote:
I know Obama isn't and his actions over the past four years have proven that true.

He seems to be doing a pretty good job overcoming the big bad media. They seem in desperation mode lately. Like I said I have faith the American people aren't as stupid as the democrats think they are. It seems the media is starting to think the same thing.
The msm doesn't shoot willard in the foot, not when he does it himself, so quit blaming the media, the man is a born ditz.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,347,575 times
Quote:
I'd love to see a debate where there are no moderators, both candidates are sitting at a table with a six pack of beer and they have an hour to go back and forth with each other.
Nah...you don't want that, because you might find out that there isn't as much difference between these people as you hoped. Actually, you already know that, but for purposes of these threads, you can't really say so. LMAO

Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,356 times
Quote:
unless your a card carrying democrat or republican swooner who just votes straight ticket no matter what. Those are the types that shouldn't be allowed to vote IMO.
wow,
shouldn't be allowed to vote?
wow. a communist POV ?
want to change voting laws?
Only certain Americans are allowed to vote??!!
It wouldn't be America anymore. How about a dictatorship?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,799,932 times
Quote:
If you haven't been paying attention to the campaigns, how do you know whether what the media is saying about Romney is true or not? He's dug himself a pretty deep hole and it IS going to take a stellar performance at the debates to dig himself out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections