Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That alone would destroy the economy and whatever recovery that we have. How many people have restructured their mortgages into longer terms because of lost jobs or paycuts ect?

Barack has to expose this to the people so they see exactly what they are getting into.

Romney will be a TYPICAL GOP president, the burden of the debt and the expense of the government will be on the people who can afford it the least.
While many say this election is about jobs, I disagree. Jobs will come back when the economy does and that is beyond the control of the president. What is at stake here is the social compact forged in the years since the Great Depression. The Republicans want to take America back to just before the crash in 1929 eliminating Social Security, Medicaire and the positive role of government in improving the lives of milliions upon millions who were able to come up out of poverty and into the middle class because of New Deal and subsequent programs. If that were not enough, they also want to turn back the clock to 1950s morality and social order. It's not jobs, it is about what America should be. To some extent, the candidates touched on that last night, but I still don't think America gets what the Republicans have in mind for us should they be given the chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM

387 posts, read 1,046,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You know Romney talks about the huge tax cut he will give the wealthy, but I didn't hear a word about protecting child tax deductions, mortgage deductions and education savings program deductions.

Really, what is in it for "US", the majority middle class of this country?
Why, magically appearing good paying jobs, that's what! Romney likes to claim that 12 million jobs will be created under his administration, but the wheels are turning for that to be the case no matter who is elected.

We don't need any more Walmart/retail McJobs. We need more manufacturing and engineering jobs in this country, period. Nothing Romney said convinced me that he has a plan for any kind of jobs except oil rig jobs. Obama's dream of jobs centered around clean energy may seem pie in the sky right now, but I really think that is the answer to our country's energy dependence and job shortage problems.

We have purchased several "green" yard products this year. From Greenworks, a lithium ion battery string trimmer and a blower (with the battery interchangeable), from Fiskars, a reel mower and several other small yard tools. I just checked the box for the Greenworks blower. The company is in Mooresville, NC. That's great, right? Looked again, Made in China. Do you know how much that pisses me off? Here we are trying to support American companies and it is insidious how many things are made in China. We should start charging US companies a penalty for every single foreign employee. When they move manufacturing overseas, it not only takes jobs away from Americans, it takes away tax revenue those Americans with jobs would've contributed. We need to take away the advantage of relocating jobs.

If products cost more, so be it. I for one am tired of buying t shirts that have unexplainable holes in them a year later, even if I bought them at a "better" store like Gap or Banana Republic. I have a neighbor that just bought a new TV because their 5 year old TV started having problems. We just got rid of a tube TV that we have had for 15 years with no problems (made in US). I am tired of cheap Chinese crap.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I think Obama will...chill..I think Obama's strategy is using Chicago style politics, let the challenger run his mouth, Incumbent come out cool, let the polls soar in favor of the challenger to the point Romney will be arrogant and slip up...Its bound to happen, remember this is the FIRST debate, Romney has plenty of damaging himself which with his history we know he will. And I will give the President some slack it is his 20th Wedding anniversary he didnt want to be there, he wanted to spend time with his wife and get into specifics with Michelle and NOT Romney. After POTUS gets some he will back on his game on the next debate I think that is why the kids were not there tonight

I can't believe Romney said he liked big bird, and he liked Jim and but he would cut PBS, if I was Jim Leher I would tell the producer to cut off Willards mic for saying he would cut his job if he were in office...How dare he...Man Romney is cold, he wants to get rid of Seasame Street... He even wants Big Bird unemployed, wow thats heartless
You can't be serious.

Yes, actually you are serious. I know you are. In fact, this is the same kind of ignorance that pervades liberal ideology.

Seriously. PBS is not a government-owned television station. PBS would not disappear. Big Bird will not die.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Sad to say, another man last night with the initials J. L. was bullied by Mitt Romney.

No, I am not talking about John Lauber. John Lauber has long since departed from this world. From all accounts J. L. was an impressionable and sensitive young man. An impresionable and sensitive young man victimized at the hands of sadistic bullies--including the ring leader, Mitt Romney.

Of course, Mitt Romney has a selective memory concerning his bullying behavior as as a not-so-young student at Cranbrook many years ago.. His half-hearted apology is just that: a half-hearted apology.

He denies remembering the numerous bullying incicents which we all know are deceitful lies.

How many of the viewing public during last night's debate were horrified and astonished to witness Mitt Romney's sadistic, childhood bullying suddenly resurface at break-neck speed. Maybe you were, but I was not. A thousand times no.

Another man last night with the initials J. L., Jim Lehrer, was the latest bullying victim of Mitt Romney.

Romney plays the game of life by his rules. And only by his rules.

Romney agreed weeks ago to have Mr. Jim Lehrer moderate the debate and to abide by the strict debating guidelines and rules.

Within just a matter of a few minutes into the debate, it became quite obvious that Mitt Romney was going to moderate the debate himself and do things his way. Sadly, Jim Lehrer let the super, sadistic, aggressive bully, Mr. Romney, walk all over him.

I don't know what mindset the elederly J. L. had in preparation for the presidential debate, but J. L. should have realized that Mr. Romney is a deeply disturbed guy with an aggressive, bullying past.

MR. ROMNEY, PLEASE APOLOGIZE TO NOT ONLY TO THE DEBATE MODERATOR J. L. BUT TO THE AMERICAN ELECTORATE.

While you maybe be busting your super expensive, empty suit, buttons with a perceived debating win last night, it was anything but a win. You lost last night. Big time!

Last night, you wanted to score cheap political points at the expense of J. L., Jim Lehrer. The debate moderator, J. L., was just a pawn in your hands.

Shame on you!!!
I agree that was the worst moderated debate I've ever seen. Willard was talking over the president, going way past his time, going off topic, and otherwise acting like a complete jackass, and Lehrer seemed not to care. Hopefully Crowley will tell Willard to sit down and shut the F up if he tries that crap again.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Sad to say, another man last night with the initials J. L. was bullied by Mitt Romney.

No, I am not talking about John Lauber. John Lauber has long since departed from this world. From all accounts J. L. was an impressionable and sensitive young man. An impresionable and sensitive young man victimized at the hands of sadistic bullies--including the ring leader, Mitt Romney.

Of course, Mitt Romney has a selective memory concerning his bullying behavior as as a not-so-young student at Cranbrook many years ago.. His half-hearted apology is just that: a half-hearted apology.

He denies remembering the numerous bullying incicents which we all know are deceitful lies.

How many of the viewing public during last night's debate were horrified and astonished to witness Mitt Romney's sadistic, childhood bullying suddenly resurface at break-neck speed. Maybe you were, but I was not. A thousand times no.

Another man last night with the initials J. L., Jim Lehrer, was the latest bullying victim of Mitt Romney.

Romney plays the game of life by his rules. And only by his rules.

Romney agreed weeks ago to have Mr. Jim Lehrer moderate the debate and to abide by the strict debating guidelines and rules.

Within just a matter of a few minutes into the debate, it became quite obvious that Mitt Romney was going to moderate the debate himself and do things his way. Sadly, Jim Lehrer let the super, sadistic, aggressive bully, Mr. Romney, walk all over him.

I don't know what mindset the elederly J. L. had in preparation for the presidential debate, but J. L. should have realized that Mr. Romney is a deeply disturbed guy with an aggressive, bullying past.

MR. ROMNEY, PLEASE APOLOGIZE TO NOT ONLY TO THE DEBATE MODERATOR J. L. BUT TO THE AMERICAN ELECTORATE.

While you maybe be busting your super expensive, empty suit, buttons with a perceived debating win last night, it was anything but a win. You lost last night. Big time!

Last night, you wanted to score cheap political points at the expense of J. L., Jim Lehrer. The debate moderator, J. L., was just a pawn in your hands.

Shame on you!!!
You have got to be kidding. I am enjoying the spin when your side loses. Do we want a Mr. Rogers for the White House or a Mitt Romney who is not afraid to stand up to the biased and corrupt media?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You're being kind his speech was littered with ums and uhs not indicative of some one who is cool and in control. Considering this man is the leader of the free world it was quite unsettling to see on TV.
Every speech Obama has given has been littered with ums and uhs and "you know whats" and false starts. It's how he speaks. It's an improvement of Bush. Remember Bush? Neither is a great orator.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
I am tired of seeing President Obama as "mister nice guy." Some one has to tell him to tell it like it is.

President Obama failed to mention the 47%, Romney's war on gays, Romney's view on exploiting resources in the name of profit, Romney's intention to start another unfunded useless war, etc.

It was very obvious that Jim Lehrer was favoring Romney. This is like the control big business has over our government. The simple solution to controlling the debate would have been to turn off the microphone of each speaker at the end of the time limit.

Regardless, Romney has still failed to spell out a plan. Romney promises everything and will deliver very little. No sensible person can believe that anyone can reduce the deficit, increase military spending, maintain government programs, and at the same time reduce taxes.

Romney was pumped. Magic underwear or a shot from a doctor? Romney looked more like a heroin addict waiting for a methadone treatment. Romney's intense state also made his lying more obvious. Romney constantly blinks and stammers. Also notice that when many times when Romney lies he turns his head slightly to the side and downward giving credence to "talking out the side of one's mouth."

One thing I learned from the debate is that Mitt Romney is a very good snake oil saleman.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Am I the only one who noticed that Romney has a huge head (I mean really, his head is enormous).

Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that Romney has a huge head (I mean really, his head is enormous).
At first I thought it was Frankenstein, then I realized it was Willard.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Romney could not overcome his collosal negatives with his passionate rants and rehashing of talking points.

President Obama maintained his superiority.
Jeezuz, have you been smoking cantaloupe rinds again?

The empty chair did better versus Clint Eastwood than Obama did versus Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections