Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I know I have said this before, but Pres. Obama relies too heavily on a teleprompter when he delivers his messages, people saw first hand what the lack of one does for him. His mannerisms, his constantly looking down and not looking people in the eye, his ummm's and ahhhhh's. He was flat. He spoke haltingly. His body language was terrible. He looked like he wanted to be anyplace but there.

I guess four years of having "softball" type questions handed to you by a liberal friendly media will make you complacent. This president is just not used to tough questions from the media compared to previous presidents. Despite what some have said about "truth and lies" being the substance, BOTH of them lied or skewed the truth last night. This first debate was about who could show the people who the "Alpha male" was on stage......it wasn't the President. Romney basically Debo'd Pres. Obama last night and took his bike.
If Obama loses I think the real turning point will be not this debate but Univisions interview of Obama a few weeks ago. It was the first time I can recall a member of the press really firing off hard question to Obama and he had no answers. Although not widely watched I bet Mitts folks siezed on this interview during preparation for this debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Have you been asleep the past 4 years? A campaign simply consisting of "I'm not Obama" wouldn't be such a bad idea.
sure it is, come to Indiana where the GOP advertisments are simply that. No substance, no plans, no ideas just no obama. Honestly, the GOP doesn't even deserve the office even if they had a viable candidate for one simple reason. They fail to show respect for it. You call the POTUS a liar during the SofTU, call him racial names, have a governor stick her finger straight in his face (sorry Secret service would have had her tail with her hands on a hot hood getting ready to get handcuffed). Not in the history of this nation even when people didn't like the POTUS has there been so much blatant disrespect for the Office of the Presidency. You always had respect for the Office and Republicans now just don't and it's because strictly race. Call it what you will or make some bs excuse all you want. But you don't deserve an office you have no respect for.

Sure McCain was a bad candidate but when push came to shove and HE was faced with it, he manned up and squashed that blatant disrespect. Mitt, not so much. Not man enough to do the right thing and the GOP followers follow suit right along with it because they need their politicians to act like human beings and show common decency to your fellow man.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM

387 posts, read 1,045,447 times
I just wanted to add that there is a crisis between Turkey and Syria that necessitates a NATO meeting since Turkey is a member, and PO has been trying to keep the Syrian civil war from spreading outside their borders. IMO PresO is fatigued and distracted. All Romney has to do is campaign and prep for debates. PresO has to run the country too.

Picked this up elsewhere in a comment section and thought it was correct:

For many viewers it won't matter what the fact checkers say tomorrow. It's what they saw tonight.

If they saw an arrogant bully full of hubris and condescension, then Romney lost.

If they saw an aloof and pedantic professor too weak to rebut, then Obama lost.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
To quote one of the pundits...

"Romney made a good testimony, but he will be indicted for perjury."

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
He didn't seem too interested. Give it to Romney and the repukes tear the country up more. If you're poor your ****ed under republicans.
wow! Did you know that under Obama we are at a FIFTY YEAR HIGH for people living at or below the poverty level?? Obama has created more poor. We had 37 million people on Food Stamps when Obama took office, now we have 47 million. Pull your head out of the sand, quit sticking to the Democratic Party script.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Romney hasn't offered any substantial details on any of his proposed plans.

This is what worries me the most. It's easy to say "I'm going to reach across the aisle and work with both parties." It's much harder to do it effectively. Bi-partisan politics are MUCH more difficult at the federal level than they are at the state level, IMO.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
To quote one of the pundits...

"Romney made a good testimony, but he will be indicted for perjury."
Nattering bobble-heads.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This is what worries me the most. It's easy to say "I'm going to reach across the aisle and work with both parties." It's much harder to do it effectively. Bi-partisan politics are MUCH more difficult at the federal level than they are at the state level, IMO.
At least Romney will not get snarky on day two of his presidency like Obama did>

‘Elections have consequences,’ the president said. ‘And Eric, I won. So on that, I think I trump you,’

Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

I guess four years of having "softball" type questions handed to you by a liberal friendly media will make you complacent. This president is just not used to tough questions from the media compared to previous presidents.

Romney was just in a bullying, steamroller, manic mood last night.

No doubt for Obama running the country, and the presidential campaign are exhausting. He did look tired last night.

At least George W. Bush didn't have all hard-ball questions.

The gay, part-time hooker, journalist, Jeff Gannon certainly didn't ask hard-ball questions.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM

177 posts, read 197,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturegal View Post
Funny how people who despise our men and women in uniform pull out the "war-is-good card" when they're desperate for a put-down. Suddenly "serving our country" becomes a noble thing to liberals when we all know they hate the military with a passion.

Reminds me of their Marxist leader refusing to wear an American flag pin until he was forced to do so for appearances sake. Empty and phony. What a horrible way to live .... no wonder liberals are so personally miserable and without hope.
You don't get it..The point is Romney is another Massachusetts Liberal. Lee Atwater had no problem questioning Mike Dukakis's patriotism even though he served in the Army. Romney should be easier pickings if Obama takes the gloves off and starts fighting fire with fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections