Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,968 times

Advertisements

Ok so I am flipping through the channels and I see CNN interviewing the First Lady Michelle Obama and Ann Romney pre debate and their thoughts on how their husbands will do.

First Lady states she isn't worried, Barack is a great speaker and does this well and takes it seriously while having fun and being himself while debating. The reporter then asked, what about when he does poorly what critiques do you give him? Michelle states I dont critique my husband, I give him positive reinforcement because I believe in him and knows he does well...

Ann Romney was being interviewed by Cynthia Borger and states the first thing Mitt does at every debate is take his watch off, look for her in the crowd and write the word DAD on his piece of paper.

She states after every answer Mitt must always know where she is sitting to get reassurance to make sure if he did good or bad, she stated Mitt needs alot of emotional reasurance and he looks to me (Ann) to give that to him. This has been very hard and he has needed my reassurance many times throughout this process.

Cynthia Borger asks what signals do you give him when he is doing good--she said she gives him a thumbs up, and makes this awkward face when he is doing bad...

Ok i get that Mitt and Ann are very much in love and he needs her for emotional reassurance but what concerns me is that his camp is allowing her to talk so much and discuss all this personal info that makes Mitt look so weak, or much weaker.

I understand the bond between husband and wife and one reassuring one another but to look at your wife after every response, what if she goes to the rest room, could Mitt answer a question without her?? Would he have to tell the moderator, to wait until Ann returns from the restroom to answer the question....PLEASE... This is not someone I would want to lead the nation..

We shall see in a couple of hours how much reassurance he will need....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,382 times
My question is if Mitt really needs this type of toddler treatment and authority figure approval from Ann why doesn't she just run for office herself?

Oh right, they are Mormon. Barefoot, pregnant and submission to men is the only life available to her.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM

993 posts, read 832,381 times
And the liberals say we post petty things! I saw both those interviews and they weren't even newsworthy. They could have been updating us on Obama's Libya calamity instead. The main thing that stood out to me is how interviewer #1 was smiling at Michelle, and Gloria Booger was grimacing at Ann the whole time. Liberal bias - even with the wives of the candidates.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
And the liberals say we post petty things! I saw both those interviews and they weren't even newsworthy. They could have been updating us on Obama's Libya calamity instead. The main thing that stood out to me is how interviewer #1 was smiling at Michelle, and Gloria Booger was grimacing at Ann the whole time. Liberal bias - even with the wives of the candidates.
Ann Romney's responses just further validate her concern about Mitt's "mental well-being" if he is elected. this is not good. She keeps pointing out that the man is a mess without HER emotional support and that if he wins she is most concerned about his MENTAL WELL BEING.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:41 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,579,520 times
Mittens sounds like a pansy

Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
My question is if Mitt really needs this type of toddler treatment and authority figure approval from Ann why doesn't she just run for office herself?

Oh right, they are Mormon. Barefoot, pregnant and submission to men is the only life available to her.
My question is, why didnt you have anything to say about the First Lady doing the EXACT same thing?

hypocrites and hate, summarises the left quite nicely.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Gloria Borger is supporting Romney my dear

Gloria was grimacing because she is a Republican that is voting for Romney knowing that he is too fragile. She has even said this election is an uphill battle for Romeny and she isn't sure he is strong enough to handle it. But she believes in her party therefore stands behind him.

But she has admitted it is painful to watch this campaign going down the drain at the pace its going. For Ann to divulge so much info on her husband like this you would think they are amateurs. She acts so giddy as if he has never been in a public office position.

Ann smiles like OMG i got an interview or either she is on some anti psychotic med. His reliance on her after every question or interview This is a tell tale sign of codependency. Not healthy. Mitt needs to be his own man. I guess Ann has to hold Mitts hand to cross the street too so he can be sure he wont get hit by a bus

Anytime someone wants to post and ridicule the President's code name as Renegade when that has NO relevance for the American people...NOW that is petty.

Last edited by chica_bella813; 10-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Because I am a Renegade :)

Old 10-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Ann Romney's responses just further validate her concern about Mitt's "mental well-being" if he is elected. this is not good. She keeps pointing out that the man is a mess without HER emotional support and that if he wins she is most concerned about his MENTAL WELL BEING.
I agree with you!!! At least with McCain we know he had his own mind and didnt look at his wife for everything. And I admired McCain for correcting that country bumpkin at his town hall meeting saying the President was an Arab. Romney had an opportunity to do the same but didnt get approval from ann to say anything..

BTW do you know if Ann Romney ever had a career. I know the First Lady Michelle was Princeton Law Graduate and Practiced law in Chicago as a Corporate Lawyer at the Sidney Firm. What did Ann do?? I think that says why the Obamas are their own people and have their own minds. They have struggled together and struggled before marriage as well, so they can understand, and that is why the President is fighting daily to help the poor, the middle class and even the rich. He wants to help ALL of the American people. They know what it is like to have to take loans and pay it off just like every attorney, physician, CPA, or dentist is doing now. I read that they recently paid off their loans...they are truly understanding and great representation of the American people

Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM

756 posts, read 714,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
She states after every answer Mitt must always know where she is sitting to get reassurance to make sure if he did good or bad, she stated Mitt needs alot of emotional reasurance and he looks to me (Ann) to give that to him. This has been very hard and he has needed my reassurance many times throughout this process.

Smack talk aside for a sec ... THIS is more than a little DISTURBING to know about a potential commander-in-chief....................

Quote:
Ann Romney was being interviewed by Cynthia Borger and states the first thing Mitt does at every debate is take his watch off, look for her in the crowd and write the word DAD on his piece of paper.

Alright, back to the smack

Uh, Willard, yer pappy is up there somewhere shaking his head in DISGUST at you and Annie for your REFUSAL to release those back TAX RETURNS...

Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post

This is the second remark Mrs. Romney has made in the past week which causes people to question Mr. Romney's psychological/mental state and raises the question of his fitness to serve in office. Another Thomas Eagleton situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections