Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:03 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Then get a real campaign going for 2016. A vote for an independent will only be a vote for Obama in this election.
If a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama, then in my state Obama will win by 2,000,001 instead of 2,000,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Aren't you in Ohio? I believe Johnson is on the ballot, so you wouldn't need to write him in.
Yes, but I don't have a TV, hate radio and don't read the newspaper so I have no idea who's on the ballot (or not).

I'm registered as a Democrat. If there had been a primary election I could have voted, and would have voted for Johnson.

Johnson actually appears to be sane.

It's pretty sad really. Same story the last 12 years.

300+ Million people and the best America has to offer is an ignorant narcissist and a moron.

Depressing...

Mircea

Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, but I don't have a TV, hate radio and don't read the newspaper so I have no idea who's on the ballot (or not).

I'm registered as a Democrat. If there had been a primary election I could have voted, and would have voted for Johnson.

Johnson actually appears to be sane.

It's pretty sad really. Same story the last 12 years.

300+ Million people and the best America has to offer is an ignorant narcissist and a moron.

Depressing...

Mircea
Johnson has my vote!
Enough with the crony capitalists!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:37 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I think it will be interesting to see how many vote for a "third party" this time around. Past elections have shown that the independent voter is growing in numbers. There is a strong message there. People are tired of the same two choices from parties that as so stuck in the past and think selling out America is good for the country and the people. We need fresh new thinking and someone who puts America and it's citizens first and foremost, above all other countries. People are too conditioned to think they have one of two choices.

If someone really doesn't care they wouldn't vote at all. IMO it doesn't matter who wins this election, either way we will still be screwed.
Isn't it interesting how much pride we put in capitalism in this country because of the competition and variety that it creates?

We have a hundred varieties to choose from thanks to capitalism, ranging from stoves, cars, ice cream etc.
The list is endless.

But when it comes to the most important aspect of our country involving "Free and Fair" elections, we have two main parties that the MEDIA centers itself around, where both sides are bought by the same Corporations and Wall Street Banks. What should be happening is there should also be hundreds of choices, but the Big Money Loosers do not want to play by the same rules everyone else has to go by.

It is kind of hard for the criminal elite scum to buy all the parties involved, and if there were only one party, it would look more like a dictatorship than a democratic republic. With 2 parties only, it is easier to buy them and also control the public's perception via the Media and well known marketing techniques such as divide and conquer.

It should be clear who the Anti Capitalist and Anti American's are, and that would be the Wall Street Banks and Mega Corporations that buy our government (where many of the people in the government involved in policy making hail from same places).

The Small and Medium Business's in America do not stand a chance.

If either Obama or Romney win, the establishment and criminal elite scum win also, to continue their traitorous games, as if there is any difference between them.
The media continues to pump the lies to the masses about voting for the lesser evil, because for them, either evil that gets in is a win for them.

Last edited by J746NEW; 10-19-2012 at 06:52 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Definitely for Johnson here. Obama will win my state with flying colors, and I slightly prefer him to Romney anyway.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
What case?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What case?
First post in the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I almost never read or quote from The Huffington Post, but this is a great write up explaining why Gary Johnson should have been included in the debates last night.

Brian LaSorsa: Let Gary Johnson Eat Cake (and Debate)

Here are the reasons given, but they are explained in more detail if you check out the link.

1. George Washington warned us about restrictive political parties in his Farewell Address.
2. Johnson will be electable when people are given the opportunity to understand his stances.
3. Johnson has plenty of political leadership experience.
4. Voters are losing faith in the two-party system.
5. Republicans will isolate its key conservative-libertarian base by ignoring an important figure in the growing liberty movement.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
The case for Gary Johnson is, there is no case for Gary Johnson. Even if he is the second coming of Christ, his chances are about the same as mine, and I'm not on the ballot... Don't waste anymore time talking about nothing...

Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
The case for Gary Johnson is, there is no case for Gary Johnson. Even if he is the second coming of Christ, his chances are about the same as mine, and I'm not on the ballot... Don't waste anymore time talking about nothing...
Trashing a conservative, I knew you were a closet liberal

Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
How about you don't tell people what they can/can't talk about?

Gary Johnson will clearly not win, but if people to continue to just vote D/R because that is the only "choice" that they are given, the choices are going to continue to get worse and worse. Obama and Romney are so similar and so useless its really pointless to vote for either one of them. They will just carry the policies of the last 20 or so years through 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections