Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No cuts to the rich, no cuts to the insane military spending, no cuts to big oil, but the tiny amount of pocket change to PBS will get the economy turned around.

There is no question of the correlation between being a right winger, and have a severe mental illness.
Hussein has more than double the national debt. Where's your libertard outrage? Oh yeah,....its "for the children",...the loony lefties emotionalism at its finest. Must be nice to be a blissfully ignorant liberal.

The first action taken in beginning a long trip is the FIRST STEP. Begin with PBS and build from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Hussein has more than double the national debt. Where's your libertard outrage? Oh yeah,....its "for the children",...the loony lefties emotionalism at its finest. Must be nice to be a blissfully ignorant liberal.

The first action taken in beginning a long trip is the FIRST STEP. Begin with PBS and build from there.
So, you'd step over a $100 bill to crouch down and fish that penny out from under the car it rolled under. Gotcha.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sesame street EVP Sherrie Westin said that Big Bird would live on with or without subsidies.
Romney-Big Bird: Sesame Street's Sherri Westin says PBS cuts wouldn't kill Big Bird.

One more desperate diversion ploy by Obamabots. OP how do you justify funding entertainment, whether for children or adults, when we are $16 trillion in debt?
Actually it depends where you live whether Romney will "kill" Big Bird. While it is true Sesame Street would likely survive as a show. There are a fair amount of rural broadcasters that would not.

That is the thing about free markets is that they tend to only cater to areas where providing service is profitable. Thus why parts of East Tennessee and Western NC did not get electricity until 1948.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, for God's sake. It must be a pathetic life to not understand when someone is giving a mere example of out-of-control government spending.

How hard can it be to figure that out?

Never mind. For libs, they'll never get it.

Every day, I thank God I'm not one of them.
I say the same thing about being Conservative. Conservatives rule the 3rd world, not the 1st. Not the side of history I want to be on.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So, you'd step over a $100 bill to crouch down and fish that penny out from under the car it rolled under. Gotcha.
Both the $100 bill and the penny came from the taxpayers, so the government should pick up both. Some have trouble with simple analogies.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-09-2012 at 05:16 AM..

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Yes, children, it's true. I'm going to kill Big Bird. Never mind that some of you may learn about a variety of things on PBS, and I don't want you to know that PBS is a drop in the ocean of federal spending, but I'm a tough guy Republican and I need to look like I know about serious things like the federal budget. So I'm afraid Big Bird has to go. Big Bird must die along with all those other evil puppets who actually represent Communists which is why I want him dead! Do you hear me? Dead! Call me a wimp no more! It's true, boys and girls, that I didn't think going after bin Laden was worth it, but I'm thumping my chest now!! Death to Big Bird!

"Now run along and tell your Mommies and Daddies to be sure they file their taxes this year because my kids aren't paying any so the federal government needs all the suckers they can get. So, tell Mommie and Daddie to vote for me so we'll have lots of money for bombs!

"Oh, and no. I won't answer any questions about my underware."
Love that you spelled it underware.

Makes it seem very durable and substantial, which it is! Think of hardware, warehouse, Tupperware, Farberware- solid, sturdy stuff!

None of that correctly spelled girly-man underwear for the Mittster.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Both the $100 bill and the penny came from the taxpayers, so the government should pick up both. Some have trouble with simple analogies.
True, the right wingers think the penny is far more valuable, as that $100 bill is going to a poor, poor, corporate exec that "deserves" it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-09-2012 at 05:17 AM..

Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama in 2008 said he'd do THE EXACT SAME THING, and you left wing kooks applauded him for it..
Please provide proof of this because I like to see it.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Default Obama's new "Big Bird" ad

LOL I think this is funny. I thought it was a joke at first but it's an actual Obama ad. Romney attacks Big Bird

Big Bird - Obama for America TV Ad - YouTube

Big Bird stars in new Obama TV ad - CBS News

Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
I had to laugh, it was funny. I would have thought it was a joke too had you not prepped me. So the best they can do is attack him with Big Bird? I don't think we should be funding PBS or the national endowment for the arts either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections