Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This make no sense.
What, the part about Romney wanting to "protect the American job" or the part that you disagree with Romney's statement?

Quote:
Can you please re-write this using complete sentences and thought structure so I can respond.
They are, because you don't agree or are unable to answer the question, does not mean they are wrong or incorrect.

Quote:
Thank you.
No, thank you for showing that you would rather not answer an question....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 06:17 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Maybe there's something there he doesn't want in the spotlight. Or, it's just his usual pattern. He'll make money, the employees lose, China's gain, and Romney's all talk.
You still have not proven how this is Romney's Bain?

walidm is all talk with nothing to back up his claims...but, this is normal for a leftist...

Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Exclamation good grief.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You still have not proven how this is Romney's Bain?

walidm is all talk with nothing to back up his claims...but, this is normal for a leftist...
You're kidding right? Contact the SOURCE if you're upset with the title of his article.

It's hard to imagine, but you're whining about the title of an article vs. showing some concern for the employees fighting to keep from losing their jobs.

Not one iota of empathy.

Oh, I forget. These folks are garbage to you. They might need entitlements when they're unemployed. If they had done a better job, they wouldn't be losing their jobs. They apparently didn't add enough value to keep their jobs from being outsourced.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Shouldn't these workers be talking to the obama supporters/donors that run Bain now?

The Nation is a far left liberal RAG.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Romney's Bain Capital to Send High-Tech Jobs to China Right Before the Election

Sensata workers have asked to meet with Mitt Romney and hoped to enlist his help keeping their jobs in the United States.

Romney refused.

The most important part of the story is that Sensata Technologies is profitable operating in Illinois. Net income last year was $355 million, up 16 percent from 2010. The company reported total revenues of $1.8 billion in 2011, up almost 19 percent from the year before. According to a company financial statement, "both 2011 net revenue and adjusted net income represent record levels for the company."

So this has nothing to do with "making hard choices" in the process of turning around a failing business.

Interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Not interesting.

Romney is a shareholder in Sansata. And having said that, before you start flapping your arms and find yourself hovering over your laptop, find out exactly what role a shareholder plays in a company. But I'll give you a hint - shareholders have little or no say in the way a company runs. Shareholders can make requests/recommendations to the BoD appointed/nominated by the shareholders to run the company, but the BoD is not obligated or obliged to accommodate shareholder requests/recommendations.
well said SBE, romney owns STOCK in bain capital, however he is not the president, CEO, or on the board of directors at bain. thus the workers at sensata are looking to the wrong person to save their jobs.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
The problem with Romney saying "I'm a business man so I know how to create jobs and build this economy." is because while at Bain he operated with one goal, to maximize internal rate of return, in other words, make as much money out of the venture as possible (using as little as of his own money as possible).

He did not do anything out of larger concerns, i.e. for the welfare of the many employees whose jobs were cut, or shipping jobs overseas. Compassion and public good never entered into the equation. Is that really the viewpoint we want for a president?

Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He is not involved in the day-to-day operations or decision making. He's a SHAREHOLDER - an investor!!! If the company is profitable, he stands to make money, if the company is in the red or fails, he stands to lose money. Do you think the shareholders of IBM, Apple, and major corporations actually run the company and make decisions that impact the company?
Unfortunately, the flip-side of the coin is that once in a position of power, it is possible to manipulate favor toward a company so that the value of his holding improves, rather than loses. That becomes a "conflict of interest". Not a good situation for the country.

I've read a number of the posts, and see where a few posters seem to think there's nothing going wrong if they cut off the branch they're sitting on. A lot of the people that supported Obama in the last election have looked at what he's done and are willing to vote for anyone but Obama. I'm not the least bit happy with Obama, and did not support him last time. Unfortunately, I see Romney as jumping out of the frying pan, into the fire. I expect him to be even worse for the country than Obama. Oh, how I hate choosing between the "Lessor of the Evils". Neither one is fit to lead the country out of the recession. Three years from now, you won't be any happier with Romney than you are with Obama today. As a country, WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM.

Bain moves more American jobs to a foreign country, we get American Technology imported from China, and they will expect the American public to support them by buying their products (just like Apple), and it won't be able to happen because without the jobs, Americans won't have the money to support themselves. Bad move.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:

Sensata workers have asked to meet with Mitt Romney and hoped to enlist his help keeping their jobs in the United States.

Romney refused.

The most important part of the story is that Sensata Technologies is profitable operating in Illinois. Net income last year was $355 million, up 16 percent from 2010. The company reported total revenues of $1.8 billion in 2011, up almost 19 percent from the year before. According to a company financial statement, "both 2011 net revenue and adjusted net income represent record levels for the company."

So this has nothing to do with "making hard choices" in the process of turning around a failing business.

Interesting

I wouldn't intervene with a company I worked with years ago either.
Good to see they recognize he was instrumental in saving jobs when he was at Bain however.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:

Romney refused.

Interesting

Maybe you haven't heard, probably not up on the latest news, but Mitt Romney has not been with Bain in years.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:12 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
You're kidding right? Contact the SOURCE if you're upset with the title of his article.

It's hard to imagine, but you're whining about the title of an article vs. showing some concern for the employees fighting to keep from losing their jobs.

Not one iota of empathy.

Oh, I forget. These folks are garbage to you. They might need entitlements when they're unemployed. If they had done a better job, they wouldn't be losing their jobs. They apparently didn't add enough value to keep their jobs from being outsourced.

No, those are not the issues.
That wasn't the purpose of you posting this thread nor what poisters are responding to.

The issue here in this forum is that we are not buying this.
I am 100% confident that you have not posted this out of concern for those workers either. This is a false attempt to put something on Romney that is unwarranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections