Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:22 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It has been defended, because your inability to understand what is really going on, does not mean they are wrong.

Your lack of answering questions also shows your true leftist ways....some one will believe me...maybe if I say it loud enough....or enough times.....

Romney's Bain Capital to Send High-Tech Jobs to China Right Before the Election

Sensata workers have asked to meet with Mitt Romney and hoped to enlist his help keeping their jobs in the United States, but he has refused, instead remaining on the campaign trail where he speaks often about "getting tough" with China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM

Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
What opportunity? What is Mr. Romney's position with the company, that would allow him to decide which plants stay open and which ones move somewhere else?
Interesting proposition.

Perhaps we should accept the connotation that Romney as President would be as ineffective at such a task as Romney the candidate.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Wow, this thread reached 7 pages? I really thought that since the original post was a totally fabricated lie with a propagandist title it would have died by now, or at least been nuked.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 AM

Exclamation lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Wow, this thread reached 7 pages? I really thought that since the original post was a totally fabricated lie with a propagandist title it would have died by now, or at least been nuked.
You, thought? What an interesting experience that must have been.

Romney's Bain Capital to Send High-Tech Jobs to China Right Before the Election

The layoffs will surely have a ripple-effect in Freeport - a town of 25,000 with a declining population and a poverty rate well above the national average.

The city passed a resolution Monday asking Romney to intervene.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,941,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting proposition.

Perhaps we should accept the connotation that Romney as President would be as ineffective at such a task as Romney the candidate.
Perhaps instead we should look at Mr. Romney's effectiveness at every place where he has been the chief executive.
President Romney would be the Chief Executive of the country. As such, he would have the authority to act on issues of national concern.
What is the position that you believe Mr. Romney currently holds with this company, that would give him authority to act?
Do you accept responsibility for all the actions taken by all the companies in which you hold stock?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 AM

684 posts, read 825,336 times
Quote:
You can assume I'm going to laugh at your inability to defend your candidate.

First sign of a weak argument: deflect to the other candidate.

For further teaching and instruction see; Republican, ie. Master of deflection
... I see. You recognize I'm not American, correct? And that if you search my posts, I have defended both Obama and Romney?

This thread is simple ephemera. I know it. You know it. You're simply looking to get a reaction and don't even believe what you're writing.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
President Romney would be the Chief Executive of the country. As such, he would have the authority to act on issues of national concern.
Excellent. So this should be relatively simple, correct?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Excellent. So this should be relatively simple, correct?

Well, only if Romney was the president....

So, why is the president not steping in?

Oh, wait....now your going to tell me, when you cannot defend a record you bring in the other guy...right....

Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
What opportunity? What is Mr. Romney's position with the company, that would allow him to decide which plants stay open and which ones move somewhere else?
The opportunity to simply say something about the situation. To say that this right here is an example of what I will work to prevent as president. To show that just once he does care more about people than he does about his portfolio.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 AM

Default hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
... I see. You recognize I'm not American, correct? And that if you search my posts, I have defended both Obama and Romney?

This thread is simple ephemera. I know it. You know it. You're simply looking to get a reaction and don't even believe what you're writing.
I believe your participation is voluntary, your citizenship irrelevant and your present comment useless to the topic at hand.

Perhaps you've misunderstand the thread topic and the nuanced idea that a politician who would like the citizens to believe his rhetoric, could perhaps practice what he preaches.

The perfect opportunity has presented itself. Wouldn't want the charlatan to disappoint now would we?

In the days of old I suspect the King would by now have drawn poor Romney before the masses and demanded, trick or treat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections