Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 AM

63,111 posts, read 29,291,757 times

Advertisements

Here is an unemployed Hispanic woman who shares most of the GOP's views on the issues except for illegal immigration so she is going to vote for Obama. Obama is giving 1.8 million illegal immigrants a stay of deportation with work permits. Does her stance on illegal immigration make any sense? Those DACA recipients will be competing for jobs against her and other Americans. Not to mention those illegal immigrants that are already working jobs in this country that she and other Americans need. I guess ethnicity trumps everything with many of these Hispanics.

Obama immigration stance locks in Hispanic support - politics | NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
this is simply a column, written by one person, it is not written in stone and do you have any idea how Hispanic families, who have been here for generations feel about Obama? Of course you don't; try asking a few, if you know any...

Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this is simply a column, written by one person, it is not written in stone and do you have any idea how Hispanic families, who have been here for generations feel about Obama? Of course you don't; try asking a few, if you know any...
Are you denying that Obama has most of the Hispanic vote? Come on, even the polls prove that out and a lot of it is based on their views on illegal immigration. Obama pandered to Hispanics prior to his first election by promising their illegal amigos amnesty and what a coincidence that just this election year he pandered by pulliing his DACA amnesty. I am talking about the Hispanic community's views overall not just those who have been here for generations. If you can prove otherwise please provide proof that illegal immigration isn't one big issue that makes most of them back Obama rather than Romney.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM

39,902 posts, read 26,597,293 times
You're probably right. Pander to criminals, get the criminal vote. Still, not a good thing for our country...not that Obama supporters care about that.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,582,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Pander to criminals, get the criminal vote.
Pander to the ignorant, get the ignorance vote.

Pander to hyper-nationalists, get the hyper-nationalist vote.

Pander to fear, get the Readers' Digest vote.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you denying that Obama has most of the Hispanic vote? Come on, even the polls prove that out and a lot of it is based on their views on illegal immigration. Obama pandered to Hispanics prior to his first election by promising their illegal amigos amnesty and what a coincidence that just this election year he pandered by pulliing his DACA amnesty. I am talking about the Hispanic community's views overall not just those who have been here for generations. If you can prove otherwise please provide proof that illegal immigration isn't one big issue that makes most of them back Obama rather than Romney.
of course I am not: the thing though to remember, in many of the states that have a high consentration of Hispanics it isn't going to make much difference: Obama will carry New Mexico, Fl is most likely Romney's; Ca will go blue, we all know that, AR will go Red, Texas will go Red: small states like RI make really very little difference and Co plus NV could go either way. The Hispanics in Co are more inclined to vote Romney and Il, with a large Hispanic population is going Obama anyway. My main point was: unless you know Hispanics who have been here for generations do not assume all Hispanics will vote for Obama. The old timers hate the illegals. They also are not thriilled with Obama's pandering.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM

235 posts, read 277,034 times
Quote:
of course I am not: the thing though to remember, in many of the states that have a high consentration of Hispanics it isn't going to make much difference: Obama will carry New Mexico, Fl is most likely Romney's; Ca will go blue, we all know that, AR will go Red, Texas will go Red: small states like RI make really very little difference and Co plus NV could go either way. The Hispanics in Co are more inclined to vote Romney and Il, with a large Hispanic population is going Obama anyway. My main point was: unless you know Hispanics who have been here for generations do not assume all Hispanics will vote for Obama. The old timers hate the illegals. They also are not thriilled with Obama's pandering.
I would like to believe your statement about hispanics are not for Obama but this article states otherwise...

Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Pander to the ignorant, get the ignorance vote.

Pander to hyper-nationalists, get the hyper-nationalist vote.

Pander to fear, get the Readers' Digest vote.
Are you saying that it is being hyper-nationalist, fearful and ignorant to want illegal immigrants out of our country? Surely you jest.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You are missing the point and in serious denial. I didn't say that all Hispanics (especially those here for generations) are voting for Obama based on his immigration stances or won't be voting for Romney. The fact remains however that the majority of Hispanics view illegal immigration as a personal issue and will be voting for Obama based on his amnesty promises. I guess you don't read the news much, the polls, stats or why and what promises Obama is making to Hispanics to gain their vote? You're the first person I have encountered that seems to be clueless about this.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM

39,117 posts, read 51,361,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
I would like to believe your statement about hispanics are not for Obama but this article states otherwise...
Funny how things work out. Republicans actually had a chance to get Hispanics or at least split the vote had they backed Bush on his sensible immigration reform plan. Now, they will very likely lose this election - and many more to come -because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections