Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times

Advertisements

Early voting means absolutely nothing if the people who voted early were going to vote anyway. There's absolutely ZERO evidence that the early voters' are those who were fence sitters. What's so hard to understand about that? Liberals really seem to struggle with this simple theory.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,625,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
YAY he is doing very well in the Fla early voting as well. Early voting in person begins Oct 27 for us. Obama will be re elected
They dont COUNT the early votes until election day-so unless you know something we don't know....

Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL citing the thoroughly discredited Time poll. Heck even the guys that put it together have backed away from it.
Thoroughly discredited by you and similar right wing trolls in the comments section?

It's amazing how conservatives have been able to make the swtich to statisticians and economists with such relative ease. I guess all of that Bible study is paying off.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh, I get it...polls before election day count, but early voting doesn't serve as a way to measure momentum and a fired up base.

BTW...with your track record of clueless post, believe me, you are the last one I need to relate to me in any way. Save your feelings of embarrassment for yourself....really.
You're pretty much on the mark, the OFA database "knows" who voted and we are well ahead of our targets. The GOTV universe (ones and twos who haven't voted yet) in Ohio is getting smaller every day. It is looking very good.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Early voting means absolutely nothing if the people who voted early were going to vote anyway. There's absolutely ZERO evidence that the early voters' are those who were fence sitters. What's so hard to understand about that? Liberals really seem to struggle with this simple theory.
The way the left is talking, the election is already over.....no need to even go and vote....obama has won....

Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They dont COUNT the early votes until election day

And all early votes simply offset election day votes.

Dont worry, I'm embarassed enough for you...
You're wasting your keyboard. It involves 2+2, and that's too hard for 0bots.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
They dont COUNT the early votes until election day-so unless you know something we don't know....
In Ohio, I do. We are way ahead.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
sorry, but as always you're clueless.

we do know pretty much the persuasion of the voters that have already voted. The OFA database (Votebuilder) "knows" who has voted early within 24 hours. We have made at least one canvassing pass thru the universe already and know the leanings of 75% of the Ohio electorate. Obama is far ahead of 2008, the internal goals and the external polls. Being inside OFA and seeing the data myself I can say, your statements are simple wishful thinking.

Obama is almost beyond the reach of an election day GOP surge. Of course, the gop gotv organization is a joke. Mittens left ohio up to the Ohio gop machine. Big mistake.
Quote:
You're pretty much on the mark, the OFA database "knows" who voted and we are well ahead of our targets. The GOTV universe (ones and twos who haven't voted yet) in Ohio is getting smaller every day. It is looking very good.
So, this "known" unknown knows who has voted....but does this "known" unkown know who that person voted for?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Yep. Obama has it tied up. Get the presses ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDHr2Rgf9tA

Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It almost defies common sense that people would believe otherwise..
Quote:
sorry, but as always you're clueless.

we do know pretty much the persuasion of the voters that have already voted. The OFA database (Votebuilder) "knows" who has voted early within 24 hours. We have made at least one canvassing pass thru the universe already and know the leanings of 75% of the Ohio electorate. Obama is far ahead of 2008, the internal goals and the external polls. Being inside OFA and seeing the data myself I can say, your statements are simple wishful thinking.

Obama is almost beyond the reach of an election day GOP surge. Of course, the gop gotv organization is a joke. Mittens left ohio up to the Ohio gop machine. Big mistake.
Quote:
In Ohio, I do. We are way ahead.
You are so far out of your league, that if I was you, I'd disappear until after the election.

TIME Poll: Obama Leads by 5 in Ohio | TIME.com

Shows Obama 5 points ahead in the early votes, with a 3 point margin of error..

And of course, once you count the independents
Romney is ahead of Obama among Ohio independents, winning 53% to Obama’s 38%.

Which of course no one is emphasising early voting.. Hell, I'm canvasing for the GOP, and we're not even pushing early voting, whereas Obama is..

Keep the dream alive, even if you have to lie and make crap up though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections