Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times

Advertisements

I hope not! I cannot understand why anyone with integrity and a work ethic would re-elect that man. I can understand if you are one of the people getting "free" stuff (and it's in NO WAY "free") that you would want to continue that....but for regular, working people, a vote for Obama is a vote for failure, as a country and individually. Why would anyone want that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Is there as much enthusiasm for Obama among the general population as there is on city-data forum?
Well, the polls are basically 50/50 - so that's half the electorate.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times
An equally valid question is: Is there any enthusiasm for Romney anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I hope not! I cannot understand why anyone with integrity and a work ethic would re-elect that man. I can understand if you are one of the people getting "free" stuff (and it's in NO WAY "free") that you would want to continue that....but for regular, working people, a vote for Obama is a vote for failure, as a country and individually. Why would anyone want that?
Mitt Romney wants to get rid of entitlements and public assistance? Funny, I must have missed that talking point.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 PM

6,825 posts, read 14,043,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Well, the polls are basically 50/50 - so that's half the electorate.

This is what folks fail to see. Independents make up less than 10% of the population.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:18 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
On these forums, Obamamania easily matches if not exceeds 2008 levels. Most conservatives will say that Obama doesn't have near the enthusiasm he had in 2008 and if he wins its going to be just barely. Is City-data an accurate representation of Obama enthusiasm among the larger population? If it is, I could easily see Cramer's prediction of Obama winning 400 electoral votes coming to pass.
It is probably people from the Obama campaign trying to be positive and try to win some losers over, but i doubt that will succeed, because City- Data posters are too smart aside from the Obama campaign workers on this forum!

They are all over the internet trying to post as much trash as they can...easy for them to do with Obama free phones, no jobs and no taxes to pay for them and some are probably Union scumbags that get also paid by the Obama camp and the other day cursed out some very nice Alabama workers trying to help out in NY and NJ!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Lightbulb lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
No, this is one of the most liberal sites around and has been since the last election. Also, several of these enthusiastic folks are paid to be that way.
NC seems to be pretty excited and we've cast a record number of votes to prove it.

Why in the world would someone get paid to post on a public forum when they could earn money hosting a blog. This statement is ridiculous, unless perhaps you have something you'd like to tell us regarding your employer?

Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Hmmm. Why does this thread stay up but the one about Romney enthusiasm disappears, poof?

Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Ah, so obama's failures by piling on more regulations and costs on the economy are the fault of the people that opposed it?

If his ideas were so awesome and brilliant, why would the Tea Party matter? It wouldn't matter at all.

How long is the economy going to be in "recovery"? Another 4 years looks like if he does get elected. Utopian statism fails everywhere it is tried and it will continue to fail if that is the policy. The more costs and regulations you pile on citizens means less income and less time to be productive and do great things.
The GOP has become so insanely intolerant that they cannot even stand other Republicans. Hence, the term RINO and the little shoppe of horrors we all witnessed this spring.

Obama and America will do just fine as soon at the TP bozos get sent home and some sensible replacements are located (by this I mean intelligent Republicans or Democrats. Birthers need not apply), chiefly people with the cajones to tell Grover Norquist is told to go %$#$ himself and the intelligence to know you don't do your scientific reading at Breitbart.com.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
There is more enthusiasm now than in 2008. The Democrats haven't been as noisy about their support as the Republicans until very late, but they are very solid. The party has much closer relationship with it's voting base than the Republicans now; they have been working on building them since 2004.
Ironically, the Dems learned chapter and verse from the Reagan big tent. They are even more inclusionary now than in 2008.

Personally speaking, I'm tired now of the incessant back and forth and all the dunning that's happening on both sides. I am very relieved the election is tomorrow, and I think we will all be relieved it's over, win or lose.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
All I see where I am are Romney signs and this area---I am on vacation---is usually liberal. All the signs I saw at home were Romney signs on everything with a few Obama ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections