Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Where I live? NO!

I see tons of Romney/Ryan signs. Yes, I see a few Obama signs as well. High school kids seem to like Obama.

But I've seen a lot of home made signs that are quite large that say precisely what they think of Obama...and it's not nice.
I really wish they would up the voting age at least until these kids see a little bit of life. It is pretty bad when your candidate depends on kids that haven't even started out in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Well the "supposed" GOP enthusiasm advantage certainly hasn't played out in the early voting tally.
Its pretty clear cut Obama's numbers are done in every state, and the Gop's numbers are up. The GOP expects the dem's to have an advantage going into tomorrow. We turn out the vote the day of. Its not that hard to grasp.

Final early vote numbers suggest a very close race

Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Obama still has more support, but it's quieter than four years ago. I don't talk politics much with associates, but when they bring it up, it's usually to say they still support the president and think he's getting a raw deal from the naysayers.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Ah, so obama's failures by piling on more regulations and costs on the economy are the fault of the people that opposed it?

If his ideas were so awesome and brilliant, why would the Tea Party matter? It wouldn't matter at all.

How long is the economy going to be in "recovery"? Another 4 years looks like if he does get elected. Utopian statism fails everywhere it is tried and it will continue to fail if that is the policy. The more costs and regulations you pile on citizens means less income and less time to be productive and do great things.
The recovery is working. Slowly, but it's working. if Romney gets it, we will just slip backward once more, and it's a certainty that we will stagger forward again eventually, but 4 years from now, we will be back in the same place we are now.

I'm sure Obama will win. Romney has failed to inspire confidence with his rapid flip-flopping. Voters know what they're getting with the President, and though they may not like him that much right now, he has been consistent and predictable in what he says and does.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I really wish they would up the voting age at least until these kids see a little bit of life. It is pretty bad when your candidate depends on kids that haven't even started out in life.
But it's ok for them to die on the battlefield?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
...and what would that age be?
I'm sure a 21 year old kid who is packing a rifle in Afghanistan has a different level of civic maturity than a 21 year old kid who's still living in the family house's basement. Or the kid who just graduated from college, or the kid who has been working in a trade since he was old enough to drive a tractor or swing a hammer.

Or a kid who volunteered for a candidate at age 18, to go out and knock on doors. Can't vote at 18, but a kid can sure participate at that age.
You know what that kid is going to do 4 years later. And 4 years after that. Commitment that is begun at a young age sticks for life.

Howard Dean figured that out way back, and President Obama took Dean's teaching to a much higher level than Dean ever imagined.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:

Ever heard the saying "ain't no fool like an old fool?" What makes you think the higher voting age would have changed the results? If we were to follow your reasoning, there were quite a few old fools in Florida and elsewhere - since they apparently voted for the President. I am quite pleased with the election results and I have quite a few years under my belt!!

Just stop whining and move on - help the country come together instead of wallowing in your misplaced anger and self pity - so unbecoming!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post

Just stop whining and move on - help the country come together instead of wallowing in your misplaced anger and self pity - so unbecoming!
lol, now why would I be whining. I am going to get

1. Free cell phone
2. Free food
3. Free place to live
4. Free healthcare.
5. Free birth control
6. America is a nation of immigrants and I demand we open all our borders now to all who want to come.

I mo have to worry about my mortgage anymore, I mo have to pay gas. We help Obama he help us.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:
lol, now why would I be whining. I am going to get

1. Free cell phone
2. Free food
3. Free place to live
4. Free healthcare.
5. Free birth control
6. America is a nation of immigrants and I demand we open all our borders now to all who want to come.

I mo have to worry about my mortgage anymore, I mo have to pay gas. We help Obama he help us.

As I've said in other posts, just keep up that mode of thought! It works wonders for anyone running against the Repub!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
No, this is one of the most liberal sites around and has been since the last election. Also, several of these enthusiastic folks are paid to be that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
NC seems to be pretty excited and we've cast a record number of votes to prove it.

Why in the world would someone get paid to post on a public forum when they could earn money hosting a blog. This statement is ridiculous, unless perhaps you have something you'd like to tell us regarding your employer?
Hmmm, think walidm was onto something here. No posts from dixie since Nov. 6. Wonder why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections