Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You're referring to Fox election coverage? Anyway, I'm wondering if they are not losing viewer credibility.
There are preliminary reports of progressive media being shut down in several states just post-election. Coincidence, or possibly sour grapes by station management? Democrats won in areas where progressive media existed. That's speculation, but it's a brand new development. Some are rethinking the airwaves utilization issue, since they legally belong to the public at large but are utilized by conservative corporations for their own purposes.
Very sad, but, it's true. Portland just lost theirs, with a same day notice. Seattle is due to lose theirs 1/1/13, even though, with the heads up, there could be enough time to stop it, or find a replacement.
That's like Oklahoma City, losing Hannity and Limbaugh.
BS on Clear Channel, with its Bain Capital connections. To those that say, "well, if there was something fishy, they would have done it before the elections", maybe, the corporate goons where so sure that the GOP wouldn't lose as badly as they did that they didn't consider it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you are absolutely right....me smells something very very corrupt here.....this is all over, however, none of the liberal stations are reporting on this? Espcially the Philly station which is owned by Disney.
What are you doing to bring light to this fraudulent behavior?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not a bad post, too bad you felt the need to ruin its integrity with the addition of all the silly little juvenile names which add nothing to the content of your post and everything to your obvious unbridled hate for President Obama and the Democrats.Which by default places the reason for your post as nothing more than a vehicle to convey hate and silly names and unworthy ofr serious response..
Keep up the silly names,hate and disrespect for your fellow Americans and expect a similar outcome for the GOP in 2016.
I stopped reading at "Obungler".

Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That sounds pretty good but how does early voting work in your state? I really wish I could get people to explain how that works. I am in a tiny voting area and all the names are in the book and you have to sign, also, but also have to show your photo ID, too. I guess I will try to vote absentee the next time to see how they are handling all that "early" voting.
I don't know. I've never had to vote early. I live in PA if you'd like to research.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So 141% voting in an area is normal math?

Or how about 500 voting at about the age of 112 years old?
Does no one post links to their stats/claims anymore? Sheesh.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
confused???

who said all???

comprehension problem???

the point is do you really believe that NOT ONE vote for romeny was cast

on my block we are split about 50/50...in very liberal long island...are you REALLY trying to tell me that in those districts, not one person was a romney supporter...I call shenanigans
1. Others have posted previous results of some of these Election Districts/Precincts for previous elections, they were basically almost unanimous for the Democratic candidate, in some of these 0 vote precincts, Bush got 2 or 4 votes.

2. Long Island isn't very liberal. Perhaps leans a bit more liberal, especially on social issues (abortion, gay marriage), but LI isn't very liberal. Not to mention IIRC you live in East Meadow, so of course your block is going to be 50/50 if you are living in one of the more swing areas of LI.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Look out leaners, here comes another story about last week's election. I have ducked so you can start throwing your crap. I would like to have some real proof that this woman is wrong about what she says but don't think you can find any of that good old leaner proof.

I do not have proof of what she says but I am pretty sure that none of you can prove what she says to be untrue either. Maybe you know the proper words to prompt some search engine to find what you need so get to work.

I couldn't believe it when she said that one woman said she voted 4 times. It wouldn't take more than half a million people like that to get him ahead.

Obama Likely Won Re-Election Through Election Fraud - Rachel Alexander - [page]
Is that not the Chicago way?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Like I say when all this is posted on facebook...let the whining begin!

Somebody even had some kind of article stating that most absentee ballots from our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan were withheld till Wednesday morning, because there were enough Romney votes in there to defeat Obama. More than 3 million votes in absentee from one area? OOOOOOOOK!
Well, that would end up being a loaves and fishes kind of thing, seeing as how there are only 68,000 troops presently in Afghanistan, and our presence in Iraq, is down to virtually zero. Another case of an alternate reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
The expression goes, "signs don't vote". ppl that judge elections based on yard signs are often surprised at the final outcome.

Most ppl don't like putting up signs becuz they dont want to take grief from their neighbor. Many dems that I taken to are convinced that they are the "only dem on the street" and would never put up a sign. Having a votebuilder account on my phone I was able to show some that they were wrong, in many cases there were many other dems on their street.

Obama contested this county, having three OFA offices, so we had an active sign campaign. We had more signs than ever before and way more Obama signs than RMONEY signs everywhere. Obama didn't win our county and, so far, took less votes than 2008.

Signs tend to make ppl happy. When you see dozens of the opponent's signs it only take one or two to make you feel better. I cannot count the times someone came in for signs becuz they were tired of seeing opposition signs unanswered.

I still have my dems bumperstickers and haven't encountered anything but positive reactions.
Meant to thank you, buzzards, for all your hard work. The country thanks you.

Saw this yesterday on Nate's blog. It would appear Obama should have won Ohio 52.7/47.2 (by my reckoning), if not for the "provisional ballot" debacle.
Quote:
  • Beverly Friedman
I was poll watching in Cleveland, Ohio for Obama. There were over 200,000 provisional ballots that will now not be counted. Most were from predominently black neighborhoods and most were people that had voted for years but whose name was missing from the rolls. That seems like the numbers would have been much higher for Obama. And would have given him a significant margin for victory. So some voter suppression did work!

Turnout Steady in Swing States and Down in Others, But Many Votes Remain Uncounted - NYTimes.com

Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Right-wing media will say anything to discredit Obama and his supporters. If the Romney campaign suspects fraud, then they need to file a lawsuit. If they don't, then I think it's safe to assume that this rumor is nothing more than right-wing garbage.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Oh, well, there's plenty of fraud in earlier Bush elections to go around. I just think with all the effort put into voter suppression (purging of rolls, long lines, voter ID) the GOP has lost its touch, of late, when it comes to election fraud. They'll be sure to brush up between now and 2014.

Hacking Democracy - Full Length - YouTube

Meanwhile, they're suppressing the airwaves, as well. You know what they say - no rest for the wicked. Such good, honest, moral, ethical Christians - voter suppression, election fraud, removal of free speech. What else will they think of.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections