Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Since we have to have a presidential election in 2016, what party will take on the Democrats?
I ask since the Democratic party is the only party left at this point in the USA.
My feeling is that if a new party does not step forward to replace the former Republican party then President Obama should be allowed to stay on for a third term.
So I ask you, if there is in fact a new party ready to step up to the plate in 2016, knowing that they will not be the Republican party, who will they be... Or, are we ready to accept the fact that Mr. Obama should stay on until at least 2020? I think he should, based on the amount of damage that has been done. What do you think?
BAD assumptions all 'round.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Same one that beat Carter;Gore and Kerry in recent history.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Here we go with the "Obama needs more terms" talk. Pretty much only the Republican Party as that's just about all it's ever been, especially seeing how people think voting third party is wasting their vote. If that suddenly changed, I'd guess Independant Party or Libertarians.
Actually I would support a third term for Obama and I believe there is more than a 50% chance that he would win. He has the most formidable electoral coalition of any President I've seen in recent times.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Repubs and Dems both have some good ideas i like and as a centrist sometimes back one side sometimes the other,but the product the current Repubs are selling is too far rightwing for me and borders on extremism, when you have a base consisting of birthers,angry old white men,hates just about everything including minorities,women,healthcare,environmental issues,Same sex couples, the poor, coupled with an extremely ill informed rightwing media and are calling 47% of the population mooches and leeches you aint representing my vision of America,The Republican product has become way too intolerant and one dimensional in todays fast changing global mosaic.
I see. So your INTOLERANCE of white males, senior citizens, heterosexuals, middle-class/wealthy, responsible, hardworking, free-thinking, entrepreneurial, tax paying American citizens represents the Group Think of the global mosaic, does it? Those folks have no right to their opinions? Their "vision" is evil compared to yours?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Actually I would support a third term for Obama and I believe there is more than a 50% chance that he would win. He has the most formidable electoral coalition of any President I've seen in recent times.

It's called the 22nd Amendment. Two terms.

Please, kill me now.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lol... when they do the exact opposite of what you suggested they will have a chance to win. When you demonize the other side and call their voters a bunch of ignorant names how the heck do you expect to gain votes? Do you really think ultra conservatives stayed home because they thought Obama was better then Romney?

Every group you listed is already part of the GOP except for the illegal aliens.

...and I can't understand why the GOP thinks people who came here illegally and keep a low profile would waltz into a voting station.
They are actually. They just came here 400 years ago, and called themselves english settlers is all

Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 AM

I think you are seeing major members distance themselves from the tea party. Now that they are a liability their influence will be limited to hard right states. You will see them now go a bit more to the middle.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post

It's called the 22nd Amendment. Two terms.

Please, kill me now.
You obviously didn't read his statement .

Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't count the Republicans out. They will be back when they find their roots, when they start listening to Rush and not to the Dems about what they should do. The Democrats have the votes of the atheists, the moochers, the lazy, the welfare queens, the sexual deviates, and the illegal aliens. There is no way the Republicans will win by trying to get those votes. They need to appeal the moral majority, the sensible, the hard-working producers in the country and they will find themselves back on top just like in 2010. No more phoney conservatives like Romney!
If you listen to Rush you are just another friggin moron.

To the ignore list with you.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Same one that beat Carter;Gore and Kerry in recent history.
that party is gone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections