Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,964,842 times

Advertisements

I've been an Obama supporter in 2008 and 2012 and I am happy with my decisions given the alternative.

However, I really am a social liberal/fiscal conservative at heart. If I have to decide between one or the other, I go with social liberal because I feel it is my moral duty to do so.

I liked Ron Paul, but knew he had no chance on winning a general election. However, his son Rand Paul just might have a chance. I thought of him as another Republican that wants to revert back to the 1800's when it comes to social issues and saw him as another Republican war mongerer, which made me ignore him.

I recently have been doing research on him and am happy with what I've been finding. He speaks about the crap pet programs we are wasting money on such as robotic squirrels, he says we need to stop policing the world, he says marijuana shouldn't have mandatory sentencing etc. He seems to support liberty both socially and economically.

I hope in three years time, he holds his ground strong during the Republican primary and doesn't become a social conservative to gather heads. I had a lot of respect for his father because he stood firm on his foreign policy stance, which was completely opposite from his competitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections