Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...that's in an intra-Texas race. You guys are all missing more than a few brain cells politically anyway.

Fortunately, most of the country isn't filled with as many wackjobs as you have in the Lone Star.

So, Cruz is basically the opposite of Rick Perry by 90%. and that means from one scope to another it is something in the water...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 PM

374 posts, read 510,076 times
Both parents have to be born in this nation,but since its no longer a nation but a dictatorship the laws no longer matter.

There is no GOP.has'nt been for many years. Rinos and rats are now in control. The Tea Party are too weak,they can't fight mob mentality so they lost their nation to radicals and communist.Or do I repeat myself. Never should have turned over their children to the states indoctrination programs. Or conviced women they could be all things to all people,including theri children raised by strangers so they could have it all. Now they have no children,spouses or nation. Never should have listened to the hippy man haters and fems. Now you'll die alone in a strange environment left with strangers ,funny how that works,huh?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 PM

155 posts, read 110,659 times
Go ted GO Go Ted go.

All Dems should be shouting this and giving him money at this point.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
Go ted GO Go Ted go.

All Dems should be shouting this and giving him money at this point.
You know I agree on this basically. Because you libs,fems and other deviants will be the first to go once their muslim and catholic churhces and mosque take over this doomed nation. I'd like to see one of the feminist or homosexuakls pull a rally on either of these other radicals. So yes since its about to be turned over to the opposite kind of radicals,all I can say is "bring it on" this get this slow death moving along.

You have the third world taking over now,the latinos and the muslims [ my moneys on the muslims ]. Nothing like a nice beheading in the staduims before a game of socker,after all your dictators did'nt order all those guillotines for nothing . Maybe the jesuits will even bring back some of their 'devices' like The Iron Maiden or Racks to add some diversity to the event? Or yes diversity is grand.

Care what you 'pray' for because you just might get it,haha.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would love to see Hilary in a debate with Ted Cruz.

Can you even imagine how clean the floor would be after he mopped it with her.
I really doubt that it will be Hillary. If you read the book Game Change she is constantly talking about how tired she is from working 20 hour days, esp. towards the end of her 2008 primary campaign. She really did not want to be Secretary of State but Obama sweet talked her into it. Then she had her health issue last year. She'll be 69 in Nov. 2016.

If I had to guess right now, I'm guessing Joe Biden. He is up there in age too, but he seems to want it. Before the 2012 election, someone asked him if this would be his last campaign, and he answered 'no,' with a broad smile.

Who else is there? Elizabeth Warren or Andrew Cuomo are the only names I've gotten when I've asked Dems about this.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I really doubt that it will be Hillary. If you read the book Game Change she is constantly talking about how tired she is from working 20 hour days, esp. towards the end of her 2008 primary campaign. She really did not want to be Secretary of State but Obama sweet talked her into it. Then she had her health issue last year. She'll be 69 in Nov. 2016.

If I had to guess right now, I'm guessing Joe Biden. He is up there in age too, but he seems to want it. Who else is there? Elizabeth Warren or Andrew Cuomo are the only names I've gotten when I've asked Dems about this.

As long as she can murder leaders of foreign nations and turn them over to her radical islamist,yes she will be happy to die warmongering,imo. Did you see the way that bloodthirsty control freak laughed about the torture,rape with gun barrel and mutilation of Quadaffi? We came We saw we killed,hahaahahahaahahehehehe.Salivating lunatic .
How many nations now have they turned over to islamic radicals,about to lose count. From clintons Balkans to both bushes iraq and others to obamas lybia,egypt,sudan,afgan. Most of asia,africa and middle east and europe now is going to islam thanks to our military complex. Its a wonderful world thanks to all of them ,huh? Viet Nam was also handed over to islam,it just took longer.

We do need a different warmonger though,its time for another famous "CHANGE".

Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
I would love to see Hilary in a debate with Ted Cruz.

Can you even imagine how clean the floor would be after he mopped it with her.
Umm....yea, sure.

Must be fantasy day in the Republican Party. Hell, I saw Dick Durban clean his clock before on a news/ debate show.

Besides, all Hillary has to do is laugh at his answers, then scream 'NEXT!'
Quote:
So, Cruz is basically the opposite of Rick Perry by 90%. and that means from one scope to another it is something in the water...
Bleh...again, that's intra Texas politics, of which I have no interest.

Winning an election in Texas is meaningless nationally. After W, the country has no appetite for anymore Texans for a while. Maybe next century or something.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Both parents have to be born in this nation,.....
wrong.

"Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens" for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

ankeny v daniels

the prevailing opinion is that "natural born citizen" is simply a citizen at birth, not a naturalized citizen. cruz is eligible.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:27 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Umm....yea, sure.

Must be fantasy day in the Republican Party. Hell, I saw Dick Durban clean his clock before on a news/ debate show.

Besides, all Hillary has to do is laugh at his answers, then scream 'NEXT!'

Bleh...again, that's intra Texas politics, of which I have no interest.

Winning an election in Texas is meaningless nationally. After W, the country has no appetite for anymore Texans for a while. Maybe next century or something.
So now we judge a candidate solely on state? Not on ideology, competence, education, brains, or content of character?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wrong.

"Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens" for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

ankeny v daniels

the prevailing opinion is that "natural born citizen" is simply a citizen at birth, not a naturalized citizen. cruz is eligible.

Cruz, was not born in the us, that is why I posed the question. He was born in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections