Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Despite the fact that I can't stand Cruz, I would think he's would be ineligible because he was born in Canada. I understand one of his parents was American, but I don't think that matters.
cruz is eligible. see the congressional research service's report on the matter:

Qualifications for President and the

basically citizen at birth = "natural born citizen"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course the birthers will be out,.....
many already are but i've seen a few flip-flop for various reasons when it comes to cruz vs obama's eligibility.

Quote:
Yes, I know, both sides can play the game, but the Dems spend more time tearing down the other side than selling their side.
i'd love to know if there have been any actual studies on this. from an independent's viewpoint it seems about equal ( with a slight advantage depending on which party has the presidency ). this forum is not lacking in posts that contain " ....typical [ republitard/******* ] can do nothing but insult."

Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
I think he already said he is no longer thinking of it, but you have to admit, with all the Repubs Senators needing jobs, what a great new Krazy Kar Primary set of debates we would have to make fun of?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
wow, do you have to add insults when you post something? You don't like him, you are a lib, that is fine. I don't think he is ready to run for Pres. as a matter of fact, but why the slams? Does it make the candidates on the left seem like better choices or are there no Democrat choices to talk about, so the only thing left is the attempt to destroy every Republican that might run?

What else do they have to resort to when they have no rational thought?
The truth trips them up.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What else do they have to resort to when they have no rational thought?
so you critique the use of an insult...... with an insult.

score: 1 all.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So now we judge a candidate solely on state? Not on ideology, competence, education, brains, or content of character?
Yep.

Republican from New Jersey or Maine? Won't like it, but it's doable.

Republican from Texas? We really don't need that nightmare again. Sorry, but W ruined it.
Quote:
wow, do you have to add insults when you post something? You don't like him, you are a lib, that is fine. I don't think he is ready to run for Pres. as a matter of fact, but why the slams? Does it make the candidates on the left seem like better choices or are there no Democrat choices to talk about, so the only thing left is the attempt to destroy every Republican that might run?
Meh...i'm a nobody. I can't destroy Ted Cruz by ridiculing him online.

I realize that Texans are excited about him, but the country doesn't want anymore Texans in the White House for a while. A VERY LONG while.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz continues to impress. Advice from lefty looneys on whom to run for prez in 2016 is about as relevant as advice from the wolf on who would be the best sheepdog.
I don't think they're trying to give you advice. They're jumping up and down with glee over the idea of a Cruz run.

Quote:
It has already been documented, that when a Conservative get even close to the head office of the land, the GOP will get the media to push their Progressive guy as the projected winner. When Ron Paul showed he was ahead in all polls, he was instantly kicked to the curb.
That only fueled a fire to change the GOP from within. I don't think it will be the Constitutional Conservatives, that get TEA Party support, that get the boot. I don't see Lindsey Graham getting another term. The GOP in Texas, tried all the tricks to keep Ted Cruz from the seat. Who is kicking who out.
Accountability, is becoming a big issue, that the media controlled before.
The e National GOP doesn't have some kind of deal with the media, unless you're talking about FOX. The reason Ron Paul got kicked to the curb is because he had no shot at being a serious contender. He had a very small but really loud base of support, and that was it. Everyone else thought he was a nut.

Quote:
Think about this.... it was the TEA Party supported election, that turned it red.
Mitt had NO TEA Party support. NONE! They were thrown out of the Caucuses, with Ron Paul changing their own GOP rules on the fly, to silence him. The media Gate Keepers, will not allow a Conservative get near the office.
You're confusing the media with the republican party. The party establishment did their best to keep him out of the loop because they knew he had zero chance at winning, and he was distracting from the serious candidates. The media pays attention to the serious contenders--not the people on the fringe without a shot.

Quote:
I really doubt that it will be Hillary. If you read the book Game Change she is constantly talking about how tired she is from working 20 hour days, esp. towards the end of her 2008 primary campaign. She really did not want to be Secretary of State but Obama sweet talked her into it. Then she had her health issue last year. She'll be 69 in Nov. 2016. If I had to guess right now, I'm guessing Joe Biden. He is up there in age too, but he seems to want it. Before the 2012 election, someone asked him if this would be his last campaign, and he answered 'no,' with a broad smile. Who else is there? Elizabeth Warren or Andrew Cuomo are the only names I've gotten when I've asked Dems about this.
It's going to be Hilary--she's always wanted it, and she'll have a very good shot at winning it unless Jeb Bush runs--that would be a closer race. You're right though--she's the only serious democratic contender waiting in the wings right now. Everyone else needs more time and exposure.

Quote:
Of course the birthers will be out, and if not them, anyone who can find anything negative about him will be on the front line. This is just part of the game the Dems want to play. Yes, I know, both sides can play the game, but the Dems spend more time tearing down the other side than selling their side. Now, I will be honest, I don't think he will run: I think it is just too soon. He is a senate newby. He needs to wait and watch a few more election cycles.
That's not how the "democrats" play--that's how politics are played. It's called vetting. Ted Cruz will never have a shot at any officer higher than Senator, because he doesn't play well in the majority of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think he already said he is no longer thinking of it, but you have to admit, with all the Repubs Senators needing jobs, what a great new Krazy Kar Primary set of debates we would have to make fun of?
I think that's why the establishment R's are freaking out about the idea of a Cruz race--the last primary wound up hurting the party brand so badly that they'll do anything to avoid a repeat of the looneytoons who took turns being the front runners in the last cycle.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
I see now, that some birthers sadly really are birthers, and obviously cannot and/or will not read prior court rulings on citizenship. However, it saddens me that most birthers , ie, Trump et al, seem to be motivated by race. Hmm, you have Obama born to a clearly documented American mother and a non-US father, in Hawaii and somehow he is not eligible. Lets pretend he was born in Kenya, his mother still was an american citizen.

But now that Cruz is interested in running, I havent heard a peep. Its the same scenario( except Obama WAS BORN HERE), mother US citizen, father non US citizen, and he was born abroad, but yet I havent heard a word about his ineligibility.

They both are US citizens....on a side note, I think Cruz would get creamed in a general...he is too extreme.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
many already are but i've seen a few flip-flop for various reasons when it comes to cruz vs obama's eligibility.

i'd love to know if there have been any actual studies on this. from an independent's viewpoint it seems about equal ( with a slight advantage depending on which party has the presidency ). this forum is not lacking in posts that contain " ....typical [ republitard/******* ] can do nothing but insult."
I know they have and they won't stop. yes, both sides do it, but maybe it is more on City Data, but all someone has to do is mention so and so might consider a run and I mean even mention it; if that person is a Republican, it won't be 24 hours before City Data is filled with negatives about the candidate. BTW, I don't really like to see either side do this. I am not talking about legit concerns. I am talking about rumors flying all over: so and so is gay: so and so isn't legal: so and so has had extra marital affairs: so and so has a cousin that was once arrested: so and so this, or that. Most of the time none of this is ever proven.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep.

Republican from New Jersey or Maine? Won't like it, but it's doable.

Republican from Texas? We really don't need that nightmare again. Sorry, but W ruined it.

Meh...i'm a nobody. I can't destroy Ted Cruz by ridiculing him online.

I realize that Texans are excited about him, but the country doesn't want anymore Texans in the White House for a while. A VERY LONG while.
I am talking about name calling and insults, not whether the American people want someone from a certain state in the White House. Your making a comment like that is just an other example of how you can't think of anything positive to say, so you will continue with the negatives. You have no idea, nor do I, if the country does or doesn't want a Texas in the White House for heavens sake. Since when do we pick our future leaders based on where they reside? Talk about immature and not using ones head. .WOW!!! Of course your comments about people missing brain cells, wouldn't you call that a little out of line or do you think those comments should just be overlooked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections