Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 AM

155 posts, read 110,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
You know I agree on this basically. Because you libs,fems and other deviants will be the first to go once their muslim and catholic churhces and mosque take over this doomed nation. I'd like to see one of the feminist or homosexuakls pull a rally on either of these other radicals. So yes since its about to be turned over to the opposite kind of radicals,all I can say is "bring it on" this get this slow death moving along.

You have the third world taking over now,the latinos and the muslims [ my moneys on the muslims ]. Nothing like a nice beheading in the staduims before a game of socker,after all your dictators did'nt order all those guillotines for nothing . Maybe the jesuits will even bring back some of their 'devices' like The Iron Maiden or Racks to add some diversity to the event? Or yes diversity is grand.

Care what you 'pray' for because you just might get it,haha.
We will cross that bridge if and when we come to it. I cant believe you used the "we are bad but someone else will be worse" argument
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Default dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
You know I agree on this basically. Because you libs,fems and other deviants will be the first to go once their muslim and catholic churhces and mosque take over this doomed nation. I'd like to see one of the feminist or homosexuakls pull a rally on either of these other radicals. So yes since its about to be turned over to the opposite kind of radicals,all I can say is "bring it on" this get this slow death moving along.

You have the third world taking over now,the latinos and the muslims [ my moneys on the muslims ]. Nothing like a nice beheading in the staduims before a game of socker,after all your dictators did'nt order all those guillotines for nothing . Maybe the jesuits will even bring back some of their 'devices' like The Iron Maiden or Racks to add some diversity to the event? Or yes diversity is grand.

Care what you 'pray' for because you just might get it,haha.

Looney tunes, man.

Seek professional help. Soon.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,729,397 times
Despite the fact that I can't stand Cruz, I would think he's would be ineligible because he was born in Canada. I understand one of his parents was American, but I don't think that matters.

My understanding of the Constitution is that anyone born in the US is eligible to be president, even if both parents are immigrants (even illegal immigrants). Obama was eligible despite his father's Kenyan citizenship because the president was born in Hawaii.

Mike Dukakis's parents were both immigrants, and Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico, but they were both born in the US making them eligible to be president. (of course both lost, but that's another point).

Cruz, on the other hand, is not eligible.

Last edited by bolehboleh; 05-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: had to fixed my ****ed grammar ;)

Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Cruz 2016 | National Review Online

If he is going to run with tea party support, then I think Rand Paul would siphon off a bunch of votes, especially from those that are fiscally conservative, but believe the government should mind its own business when it comes to marriage, marijuana, etc..

I really wonder if the birthers are going to come out? If they dont, then it would make one think it was race based with Obama.

Personally, I dont think it shouldnt be an issue, since his mother was a us citizen, but I wonder if the outcry will be consistent?

If he runs, it definitely make things interesting...
Of course the birthers will be out, and if not them, anyone who can find anything negative about him will be on the front line. This is just part of the game the Dems want to play. Yes, I know, both sides can play the game, but the Dems spend more time tearing down the other side than selling their side.

Now, I will be honest, I don't think he will run: I think it is just too soon. He is a senate newby. He needs to wait and watch a few more election cycles.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...that's in an intra-Texas race. You guys are all missing more than a few brain cells politically anyway.

Fortunately, most of the country isn't filled with as many wackjobs as you have in the Lone Star.
wow, do you have to add insults when you post something? You don't like him, you are a lib, that is fine. I don't think he is ready to run for Pres. as a matter of fact, but why the slams? Does it make the candidates on the left seem like better choices or are there no Democrat choices to talk about, so the only thing left is the attempt to destroy every Republican that might run?

Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
I think Penelope Cruz would make a damned cute President. She has my vote.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Despite the fact that I can't stand Cruz, I would think he's would be ineligible because he was born in Canada. I understand one of his parents was American, but I don't think that matters.

My understanding of the Constitution is that anyone born in the US is eligible to be president, even if both parents are immigrants (even illegal immigrants). Obama was eligible despite his father's Kenyan citizenship because the president was born in Hawaii.

Mike Dukakis's parents were both immigrants, and Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico, but they were both born in the US making them eligible to be president. (of course both lost, but that's another point).

Cruz, on the other hand, is not eligible.
You are incorrect in your assessment. Think of how many American Ex-Pats there are around the world, and how many have kids. Guess what, all are US natural born citizens.

Only ONE parent must be a US citizen for it to be based on "naturally."

Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,783,660 times
As a Democrat, I fully support Cruz getting the Republican nomination.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,474,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Cruz, was not born in the us, that is why I posed the question. He was born in Canada.
i know, cruz was born in canada to a US mother and cuban father. please read the last part of my post.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
As a Democrat, I fully support Cruz getting the Republican nomination.
I agree! Maybe he could get Graham or Ayotte to run with him & create a genuine "Cowards" 2016 GOP ticket. After all, it's not too likely any of them would be sent back to the Senate anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections