Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama is the worse president?
Yes 132 38.48%
No 211 61.52%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times

Advertisements

Is Obama the worse president yet? He's batting zero so far. Our economy is still in a nose dive and he's trying to sell us all a bunch of garbage we don't want. If this keeps up he will be a lame duck before the first half of his term is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
I felt he had a way to go to catch Carter a while back, but now with all the lies and mistakes I believe he has now passed Carter as the worst ever.

With a super majority in congress and 32 czars, a team of experts in their field and all the money you can print he still has accomplished zero.

How bad is it when one single person can suck so bad in 9 months that they can become the worst ever in such a short time.

With ZERO accomplishment to his credit, he is already a lame duck.

Many dems are trying to hide from him knowing the people do not trust a word the man says.

The economy has became even worse in the last month or so, more layoffs, plant closings, etc has become a nightmare for ObamAcorn.

He does not have the ability to fix anything and with all his experts by his side they still cannot get anything right.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY WAS THE ELECTION OF THIS MORON.

The blessing is he not only will be blamed for getting rid of liberalism in America but he will also push back the chances of a far more talented, smarter and gifted black man or woman for this job. All because of his failures.

As his own kid told him, Daddy your a black man, you cannot let blacks down. Well, he already has in only 9 months.

ObamAcorn is a a complete and utter failure.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
While I do not agree with your "Our economy is still in a nose dive" comment (seen the stock market lately....almost 5 digits)....I don't agree with his choices, lack of urgency in cabinet selections or his waffling.

You CANNOT judge him on the economy because it took about 8-12 years to create this beast.....6 month will not turn it around. Anyone who expected this an idiot and I will take a rep point hit for that. 6 months does not reverse a decade plus of bad decisions, greedy companies and stupid people.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Worse? Worse than what?

Oh, you mean WORST!

No. He's not that. I'd say Buchanan fits that bill pretty well. In fact, Pierce and Fillmore, who preceded Buchanan, were pretty lousy, too. It was a rough patch, historically speaking, as the US was headed towards civil war, but all three exacerbated matters.

William Henry Harrison was a pretty shabby president, too, given that he died a month after taking office. Still, if you think "He that governs least, governs best," Harrison might just be your guy.

There are tons of other lousy presidents. I mean REALLY lousy ones. Harding. Grant(who wasn't awful as a prez, per se, but was in office during a HIDEOUS period of corruption and graft within the cabinet and legislature, and he did little to stop it). Hoover. (I tend to think Nixon ranks up there, too, though he had his high points.)

That's not even going INTO the last few decades.

Try to have a little perspective....

Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Your spelling is the worse ever.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
As the leader of the free world.....who wants to inherit (BS) war, a recession, broken health care, the loss of 25% of the work force (baby boomers) and the rest of the baggage/crap/horribleness of the US government? 6 months does not a Presidency make you morons.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
No, he is not the worse president yet.

From what I have seen, our previous president took that title.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Who know at this point. But if he doesn't start making decisons on things like Afganistan he may endup worse than carter has the worse modern president.He stil has a long ways to go to reach carters level but has a good start.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,853 times
I agree that Carter was one of the worst Presidents ever and I think Obama can challenge that distinction quite soon. This country elected a man who was so obviously not qualified and who promised Hope & Change. I hope he brings this country back but I don't see him as the uniter he claimed to be and I think he is more smoke & mirrors than anything especially when it comes to the economy.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
He has a long way to compete with Nixon, Reagan, and the all-time champ, Bush 43.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections