Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times

Advertisements

as long as the democrats version of running for office is buying votes at all cost, than no, that 47% of leaches will always vote for the democrat...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
as long as the democrats version of running for office is buying votes at all cost, than no, that 47% of leaches will always vote for the democrat...
only have one problem with your comment: remember a large number of those 47% are seniors getting SS and a huge number of them will vote for a Republican.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:55 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
If republicans would just stop being insane, they might actually get taken more seriously. The problem with republicans is they think that anyone who even slightly nuances a position is a big government liberal, which really shows how out of touch they are with the mainstream. I'd say the average person in this country is naturally inclined to vote republican - that they haven't been doing so consistently for the past 8-10 years should really have some republicans scratching their heads and asking some serious questions. How is it that Obama can be the most unpopular president in recent memory and still easily crush the republican nominee in an embarrassingly lopsided election? I'd have to agree with republicans: it sure as hell isn't because Obama and the democrats have great ideas (Obamacare being a case in point). So what is it, then? Gee, maybe it's because republicans speak and vote like a bunch of douche bags?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
If republicans would just stop being insane, they might actually get taken more seriously. The problem with republicans is they think that anyone who even slightly nuances a position is a big government liberal, which really shows how out of touch they are with the mainstream. I'd say the average person in this country is naturally inclined to vote republican - that they haven't been doing so consistently for the past 8-10 years should really have some republicans scratching their heads and asking some serious questions. How is it that Obama can be the most unpopular president in recent memory and still easily crush the republican nominee in an embarrassingly lopsided election? I'd have to agree with republicans: it sure as hell isn't because Obama and the democrats have great ideas (Obamacare being a case in point). So what is it, then? Gee, maybe it's because republicans speak and vote like a bunch of douche bags?
golly, if I am not mistaken, 9 years ago we elected a Republican President: 3 years ago we elected a Republican house, the Republicans still hold the house and unless I am wrong: there are 30 Republican governors. So now tell us, consistently for the past 10 years the country has voted for Democrats...

Old 10-31-2013, 01:08 PM

573 posts, read 971,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
It would certainly explain the push to legalize 11 million people here illegally wouldn't it. Other wise Obama would be at the fence throwing them back over it he thought they voted anything other then democrat..
Legalizing illegals immigrants does not grant them citizenship, and if you think it does, then I suggest you actually read the news for yourself instead of listening to the inane rantings of fear mongers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not as long as the republican party act like 15 year old drama queens about the ACA.
Now if they came to the legislative table and offered proposals to fix Obamacare with bipartisan legislation and demonstrated the ability to contribute to the nation's solutions, then I think there would be real problems for the democratic candidates.
But rationally, I don't see that happening.
Seems like the right wing of the republican party have lost all perspective and priority with their overriding anger and hatred.
I wouldn't say it is "overriding anger and hatred" as it is ideological groups pouring money into right wing campaigns due to the supreme court decision to brand itself a partisan court for hire with the citizens united decision.

eta: so that a select few could make even more outrageous amounts of money then they already are. Whenever it comes to politics, I always say, follow the money.

Last edited by stevebri; 10-31-2013 at 01:36 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 05:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I guess you would say this about all those who are seeing the same thing, regardless of age, right? No wonder Obama can't accept the blame for anything, his supporters have been telling him, forever, he is God and never is anything his fault...
My television service blacked out in the 7th inning of the world series last night. It made me very angry. I blame that on President Obama, personally.

I don't see how he is to blame for increased rates, co pays and deductibles set by the actuaries of the health insurance industry prior to the ACA and After the ACA.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
My television service blacked out in the 7th inning of the world series last night. It made me very angry. I blame that on President Obama, personally.

I don't see how he is to blame for increased rates, co pays and deductibles set by the actuaries of the health insurance industry prior to the ACA and After the ACA.
oh, I am sure your TV problems were not his fault: they were the fault of Bush, just ask Obama!!! AS for the costs going up: of course it isn't all the fault of Obamacare (no I am not blaming him alone) but why are they suddenly going up at a higher % than in years past? You can say what you want, you can support Obamacare or ACA, whatever, but it is going to affect a lot of people negatively, while helping a lot fewer. Ask some young people if this is what they thought they were getting or ask the family who has seen their rates go up. Ask my son, who is in business for himself, what his rates are going to be for himself and his 3 kids? If you are not being affected by higher costs, I am happy for you, this is not the case for a huge number of people. Either the costs are going up, their out of pocket costs are being affected, what is covered is being affected or in extreme cases, hours are being cut back so the employee will no longer be full time and the company will not have to cover them.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times
So what's the latest? The website crashed on Oct 1 because so many people were signing up for Obamacare? What was the total given for Day 1? 6?

Wow, what a sign up!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
As long as Cruz and his minions continue to think they "won" with the shutdown, you can bet that the majority of Americans will have much bigger concerns than Obamacare.

By the looks of it, Cruz had a point.

Who lied? Cruz or Obama?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:06 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
After watching the leftists in our government make complete fools of themselves in trying to defend the (Un)ACA in the wake of the most laughable sputter in U.S. history, it's apparently time for serious change in Washington. Democrats will lose both House seats and Senate seats in percentages never seen before. America is starving for real leadership, and it's not happening on the left (Heck, there just isn't any). It's also begging to be rescued from the shackles of big government. We're sick and tired of dishonesty in our government, and that must change. Conservatives will wake up after all the horror stories of cancelled health care plans send many people red flags, as not enough of them stood up last year and could have prevented this national nightmare from happening. If lessons were not learned from not standing up for America and defeating Obama in 2012, they certainly will this time. Maybe now people are seeing liberals for what they really stand for. The (Un)ACA is nothing more than a scam, and liberals are the ultimate scam artists who want power over you. Dems had better be nervous in the days and months ahead.

Maybe it takes events and not just words anymore to provide the impetus to get things straightened out in a troubled land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections