Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 08:27 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Probably won't happen, but I'd like to see Cantor put up his dukes and run as a write-in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 08:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The winner was VASTLY outspent by Cantor.

Seems this was all over unhappiness with the illegal immigration mess.

Who knew it would be tea party folks who would be advocating for having immigration policies more like Canada or Australia instead of the ridiculous mess we have now under Obama and the Dem senate?
Dollars didn't vote. Cantor outspent Brat 25:1

Cantor's next deal with Obama will be to give "amnesty and citizenship" to illegal immigrants, which Cantor confirmed in an interview with a local television station last Friday.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Cantor is a partisan hack. He won't be missed.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I have been watching MSNBC all night. They are giddy over this.

I just switched to Hannity on FoxNews. He is slamming Cantor and palling up to Dave Brat. FoxNews loved Cantor until 3 hours ago. This is the funkiest night of my life. Absolutely hilarious.
Yeah, Dem Congressional committee is sending out gleeful messages and even has a "goodbye card" you can e-sign to be sent to Cantor. I don't think there was much love for him among the Dems either. They apparently blame him for standing in the way of what little progress was possible over the past few years.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't watch national programs very often but I do on nights like tonight. One of the best nights ever was watching MSNBC on the night McCain/Feingold was overturned.
I am in a similar boat but for the other side. One of my favorite nights was watching Fox on election night 2012 watching Karl Rove squeal about Ohio.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:37 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It's too late. Really. The immigration issue is already lost - 60,000 illegal kids overrunning TX and AZ. Tens of millions more here because???? I'm one of these left of center voters - but gotta say instead of busing the TX overrun to AZ - the govt should be busing/flying these people immediately - daily runs - back to Mexico and Guatemala. Worse, these people find every which way to game the system and have sucked the social services systems of the border and other states dry.

Anchor baby is a dirty word? Not. It's the truth. My sister - RN in an emergency room catering to the indigent - here in WI - speaks Spanish because she had to in order to communicate with the daily Hispanic indigents - and rants about the anchor babies. The system has been gamed for forty years, it appears.

Bart ran on immigration - no amnesty - and won his battle. However, that particular WAR was lost long ago.
Absolutely awful what we are doing to the memory of the people who fought and died to make this country what it is. None of us is willing to get our hands dirty to stop this invasion, as long as we have smart phones and satellite TV. We are giving it all away. Large portions of this once beautiful country are going to be covered in shacks and shanties of these 3rd world squatters. Crime will rise along with poverty and illiteracy.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:38 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Default Eric Cantor Loses Primary

The current House Majority leader has lost his primary in Virginia. This may be unprecedented.

What does this loss mean for the future of the Establishment GOP?

Rep. Eric Cantor Loses Primary to Tea Party Challenger In Huge Upset - ABC News

Old 06-10-2014, 08:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
I am in a similar boat but for the other side. One of my favorite nights was watching Fox on election night 2012 watching Karl Rove squeal about Ohio.
Grown ups discuss and talk, only MSNBC squeals, gets tingles up their leg and wears tampons on their ears. Grow up!

Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
I would have enjoyed that.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I love how Republicans thought the Tea Party was so cute back in 2008.

But of course, they were only menacing Obama back then.

Now they're menacing their own.
So when a Tea Party backed candidate wins it means what??????

After being all but counted out, tea party activist David Brat pulled off a stunning victory against House Majority Leader Eric Cantor Tuesday in the Virginia GOP primary for the U.S. House of Representatives, the Associated Press reports.

Primary Stunner: House Majority Leader Eric Cantor Loses to Underdog Tea Party Challenger | Video | TheBlaze.com

U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor lost his re-election bid, falling to Tea Party challenger David Brat in a Virginia Republican primary in one of the biggest upsets in modern congressional history.

House Majority Leader Cantor Loses to Tea Party Opponent - Businessweek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections