Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 06:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lord I hope this happens. He's another crony and has to go. We need less establishment, self serving clowns. Of course the Liberals and media and GOP establishment wont be happy. They love crony capitalists
Spot on. Get em all out. Bunch of crooks the lot of em. I don't cheer when one goes down just thank the voters who actually realize what is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 06:33 PM

546 posts, read 818,075 times
didn't read the thread but Cantor always came across as the biggest phony or fake. Guy would be a great used car salesman.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
There is a difference between us Conservatives and you . You have little conviction, morals, character. Many of us are sick and tired of cronyism, phonies, self serving jerks. You will take any establishment type.
Ummm...did you call me SCUM?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-10-2014 at 07:18 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 06:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not this liberal, either. I'm thrilled to see him go. The more party in-fighting between the Tea Party and the Establishment GOP, the better.
Why? Is that all you care about? If so you are as pathetic as the one you just tossed out.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why? Is that all you care about? If so you are as pathetic as the one you just tossed out.
That's what I care about too. Brings me joy.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Anything that weakens the GOP is good by me. Let the infighting begin.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
I don't know if this is good news. I was never a Eric Cantor supporter, but with this election the country has just gotten a little bit more divisive. If congressional representatives refuse to talk to each other or compromise, then how can democracy function? I'm not opposed to out with old and in with the new, but electing people who dislike government to government positions makes no sense to me.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I don't know if this is good news. I was never a Eric Cantor supporter, but with this election the country has just gotten a little bit more divisive. If congressional representatives refuse to talk to each other or compromise, then how can democracy function? I'm not opposed to out with old and in with the new, but electing people who dislike government to government positions makes no sense to me.
This is exactly right. This is a very scary result. C-Span callers for months have been saying Tea Party is going to win big this year.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
LOL! All you guys who think this is some kind of revolution, that this new guy is going to bring in integrity and principles to Congress really need to have your heads pulled out from your backsides. You said the same crap about Rand Paul, and I honestly believed in him too, but he turned out to be yet another establishment stooge with a thirst for war. I remember when Rand said he was against drones, now he has a newfound love for drones when he said that the 5 Taliban should be killed by a drone strike. Wow, talk about a warhawk. His rhetoric is getting heated up as well, I thought he was a peace candidate? If Rand was supposed to embody the highest standard of the tea party faction of the GOP, then it's not Democrats athat are in trouble, it's all YOU who really think they are going to bring anything new to the table. Wake up and smell the coffee, they're taking all of you for a ride.

Nothing pisses me off more than the tea party with their hypocrisy. I hope the Democrat wins in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ummm...did you call me SCUM?
Why yes, desertdetroiter, I believe he did

Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Anything that weakens the GOP is good by me. Let the infighting begin.
Don't count your chickens before the hatch son.

Nothing means anything until the game is over and the winnings counted.

If Republicans retain control of the House (as they are predicted to do so), the question is only by how large a majority. If it is large enough and there is powerful and clever leadership at the helm they can afford to lose a few of their own in this or that vote. This may become even more true a many *normal* Republicans see the Tea Party for what it is and start putting some stick about.

If Mr. Cantor cannot pull off something such as a write in ballot, and is not re-elected, and or whatever happens all the benefits of having a senior member from that district/state goes with him. Whomever is elected to replace will be junior and may or may find himself placed in offices that no one really bothers about, thus spend his next six years twisting in the wind so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections