Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 PM

6,591 posts, read 6,769,693 times

Advertisements

Anyone who is for open borders in a modern welfare state, such as we have in this day & age, is insane. The amnesty the GOP & the dems are looking to pass will bring in 10 to 15 million poor people who will then bring in through the family unification act & chain immigration another 20 to 30 million family members over the next 25 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You might want to get a dictionary.. or do what most people do these days and google it... nevermind, this is useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Another bad night for GOP attempts the expand base. Only Jewish and non-Christian member of the House Republican caucus loses. Seems only conservative Christians are welcome in the GOP. Members of minority faiths and atheists need not apply.
Don't kid yourself....this was about the immigration issue.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
What makes you say this?

What TEA Party policy is bad for America?
Where to start, where to start? Racism, "I got mine, f*** you" and then there's the obstructionist views they have. The TEA Party has made Washington more and more hostile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep..........liberals are just brainwashed..............nothing these tea party folks do is bad for the US. Only good. Yet they are trained like dogs to be against anything they do. Hell my bro in law is a rabid liberal and can't even think straight anymore. It is rather humerus. He won't let my sister make tea anymore. True too.
So obstructionism causing the sequester was good for the US? That is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
There is nothing fascist with the idea of a smaller less intrusive government,a fair tax system and following the Constitution of the U.S. However The DemocRats are far worse than facsists with their abuse of power to silence bully any opposition to Obama's corrupt agenda.
Nice rhetoric, I don't think the TEA Party is fascist, I just don't like what they want to do by cutting programs we need just because it is waste and there's some fraud.
The tax proposals put out by the TEA Party are in fact NOT fair. Flat tax, everyone pays 17% of their income so the super rich has the same percentage as minimum wage workers and we all know minimum wage workers need to hold onto more of their income. FairTax, not fair to the middle class who are the losers.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:35 PM

7,546 posts, read 11,602,122 times
The people of his district got fed up with this do nothing yell about everything his voters wanted no matter who was running against him would get the nomination. This means who ever the demarcate is will win in November easily

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
The people of his district got fed up with this do nothing yell about everything his voters wanted no matter who was running against him would get the nomination. This means who ever the demarcate is will win in November easily
Romney won THIS district by 15 points. The democrats have no chance.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 PM

29,621 posts, read 16,624,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Wow, this is a surprise. A pleasant one though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lord I hope this happens. He's another crony and has to go. We need less establishment, self serving clowns. Of course the Liberals and media and GOP establishment wont be happy. They love crony capitalists
I do not understand Republicans and your attack on the establishment.

Where Do you actually disagree with this man ?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I do not understand Republicans and your attack on the establishment.

Where Do you actually disagree with this man ?
Cantor is for open borders.....for amnesty. That will bring in over 30 million poor people from the third world in the next 20 years. The country will not survive it. That's the main issue here. We have the White House allowing hundreds of thousands of kids to be thrown at our borders. it's madness. There is no rule of law. That's why Cantor is GONE.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:54 PM

14,571 posts, read 23,116,405 times
He wild card in this is how the DNC leverages this. Even with this solid Republican district, Cantor's loss could embolden the Democrats in that district and if the DNC has a good get out the vote movement, they could conceivably take this in the general election.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:56 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,756,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
He wild card in this is how the DNC leverages this. Even with this solid Republican district, Cantor's loss could embolden the Democrats in that district and if the DNC has a good get out the vote movement, they could conceivably take this in the general election.
If Cantor could not win, what makes you think a leftist will?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Um, no. The demographics of the district lean heavy for the GOP. Like I said: Romney won the district by 15 points. I doubt most of the independents & some democrats want tens of millions more illegals flooding the nation, and that was what this election was about this evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections