Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For whom would you vote?
Hillary Clinton 54 51.43%
Rand Paul 51 48.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 03:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'd vote for Paul, but Hillary would almost certainly win.
Wouldn't Rand not completely own Hilary in the Presidential debates?

Rand Paul is one amazing speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC9Q7ufUsl4

Old 09-26-2014, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

He is just one of a few that have been able to own Hilary and put her in her place, mopping the floor with her over the Benghazi deal.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is just one of a few that have been able to own Hilary and put her in her place, mopping the floor with her over the Benghazi deal.
So you 2 like Rand Paul because he said Barack Obama should have done everything he promised ????

i agree then, lets see Rand Paul run in the 2016 Primaries on those same things since he says here that he agrees with them.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:48 AM

663 posts, read 1,145,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
rand paul is the same white who said businesses should be able to ban blacks if they want because its there private property and wanted to get rid of the civil rights act, right?
Yea, it's always evil white guy versus, poor black guy!
How come it's never the evil black business owner denies service to the poor white guy. Do No black people own businesses?
Anyway, that's not at all what was said. Paul is against the government telling private business owners how to run their business. That's all! But of course, the race baiters run like hell with it!

By the way, I was actually denied service at a black owned convinence store in Ft Myers, on Palm beach Blvd. Crackers get discriminated against too!

Last edited by tonyff67; 09-27-2014 at 07:57 AM..

Old 09-27-2014, 03:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you 2 like Rand Paul because he said Barack Obama should have done everything he promised ????

i agree then, lets see Rand Paul run in the 2016 Primaries on those same things since he says here that he agrees with them.

Don't remember Rand saying that. Got a link?

On a side note... Don't make promises you cannot possibly keep. It makes you look bad.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:10 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I'd love to see Joe Biden get the nomination.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't remember Rand saying that. Got a link?

On a side note... Don't make promises you cannot possibly keep. It makes you look bad.
The link in the post i responded to.

Watch the video, he says Barack Obama had good ideas and didnt follow through.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Some of the main points i agree with in that video.

"require congress to read the bills they vote on."
"require balanced budget by law"
-comments about both republicans and democrats to come together on the debt ceiling
and my favorite
"we can't afford to bomb schools and bridges and rebuild them"

Old 09-27-2014, 07:14 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Rand Paul had some traction, but of late he is trying way too hard to appeal to the religious wing and the neo con wing of the republican party. A lot of folks liked his stance against these never ending wars, but since he has been getting heat from Cruz, he is backpedaling. Also this weekend he is laying it on thick at the value voters summit, as he used a video of a fetal ultrasound as his introduction. I really believe he could pull a lot of independents like me, he normally sounds sensible, but this far move to the right is a turnoff.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:45 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
rand paul is the same white who said businesses should be able to ban blacks if they want because its there private property and wanted to get rid of the civil rights act, right?
Not exactly.
Rand Paul stated that he would have tried to "modify" the law's ban on racial discrimination by private businesses.

Paul's stance is quite close to the Libertarian position, ...

"If some private business discriminates we think that's unfortunate, but we don't think the government should get involved in banning it," said the spokesman, Wes Benedict. "That's just a negative that we have to tolerate in a free society."

Walter Block, a libertarian professor of economics at Loyola University, and a senior fellow with the libertarian Ludwig Von Mises Institute, went further. "I think anyone who doesn't believe that isn't a libertarian," he said, calling Paul's comment "a very mainstream libertarianism."

"I'm delighted that Rand Paul said that," an enthusiastic Block added. "I think it's magnificent. I didn't realize that he was that good."

Libertarians On Paul's Civil Rights Stance: 'Very Reasonable'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections