Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 08:12 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Is there a message to Martin O'Malley that the Maryland governorship went Republican (Hogan) instead of to O'Malley's Lt Governor (Brown)? Does it impact O'Malley's chances of running against and/or beating Hillary Clinton in 2016?

"Hogan will not have an easy term, the Maryland State House is dominated by Democrats, but his victory in this bluest of blue states should give him some political capital to spend. He campaigned on rolling back many of the 40 tax increases the O’Malley administration instituted, including a gasoline tax that is indexed to inflation and the “rain tax.”

Maryland Shocker: Republican Hogan Beats O

"O'Malley's support at home, meanwhile, ebbed this year. Nearly six in 10 Maryland voters polled by The Baltimore Sun last month said they would not back the governor if he sought the Democratic nomination for president; 14 percent said they would."

Others say the problem was Brown, himself.

Brown's loss a factor for O'Malley's future - Baltimore Sun

What do you think? Marylanders voted against O'Malley (and his policies), who wasn't on the ballot, or they just didn't like Brown?

Both. Brown ran a horrible campaign. He only had 2 positive ads which really didn't say a whole lot about him. The rest were attack ads and stupid ones at that. I think he believed he didn't have to work at it because of course, Maryland would never vote for another republican I'm not sure what taxes Hogan can cut though but I like his idea. A lot of money goes to cleaning up and protecting the chesapeake bay which Hogan thinks is a waste of money. But I think that will be off limits for him.
And I wasn't shocked at all that Hogan won. I think the only ones that were truly shocked were Brown and his team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 07:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Both. Brown ran a horrible campaign. He only had 2 positive ads which really didn't say a whole lot about him. The rest were attack ads and stupid ones at that. I think he believed he didn't have to work at it because of course, Maryland would never vote for another republican I'm not sure what taxes Hogan can cut though but I like his idea. A lot of money goes to cleaning up and protecting the chesapeake bay which Hogan thinks is a waste of money. But I think that will be off limits for him.
And I wasn't shocked at all that Hogan won. I think the only ones that were truly shocked were Brown and his team.
I'm shocked Hogan won.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:12 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,177,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Um...is this the guy that implemented DISASTROUS rollout of Obamacare, costing the taxpayers millions of dollars?

Clinton/O'Malley 2016 - We sleep through terrorist attacks and get ambassadors killed and waste taxpayer money.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:35 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
I have never understood why anyone thought O'Malley had a shot at being a national level politician. He does not seem to have fresh ideas, isn't a skilled speaker and doesn't seem to connect.

The only person whose plotting for national prominence I understand less is Anthony Cuomo. If O'Malley makes me yawn- Cuomo makes me want to throw something at him.

I think the Rs should send thank you notes to some of this years Democratic strategists because there were some **** poor campaigns being run from one end of the country to the other. I think Hagan should be the Mendoza line of 2014 politics. Hers was a 2 point, wave election defeat. Anyone losing by more than her needs to look at themselves instead of the political climate. Especially in Blue or Bluish states.

Didn't O'Malley take over from an R- how did Brown not notice that Rs can win in Maryland. Especially when its a state instead of federal office.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:28 AM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Martin O'Malley? Seriously? He is world famous in Maryland. No one outside of that politically unimportant state has ever heard of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections