U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2014, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,754 posts, read 83,387,542 times
Reputation: 41580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm foaming at the mouth.

The only GOP candidate with a snails chance is Christie, because he has governed as a centrist in a blue state. All the other GOP potentials are bat**** crazy to mainstream America.
We all know how you feel about politics so I doubt your opinion on Republicans mean a lot to most posting here. You go right on thinking that, is a few years we will see if you are right. Well no, you are never right, but you might once in awhile be correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2014, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,754 posts, read 83,387,542 times
Reputation: 41580
I absolutely love to watch Huck, it is one of the few programs we try and watch weekly unless we are busy, but he is way to socially conservative to be electable. I would rather see him stay where he is, he is doing more for the country, just with his guests, his views, and attitude than he would do trying to run for President. I am afraid however, he will decide to run. Also like Laura said, his temper might just up and bite him, same with Christie.

BTW anyone who thinks Huckabee is status quo probably has no idea what he really stands for: as for his weight, he has lost some recently, just like Christie and how could anyone judge a good candidate based on weight or looks. If you are basing your views on looks, you certainly could not be supporting Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Riding the light...
1,635 posts, read 1,464,816 times
Reputation: 1159
Huckabee is not going to win anything not made of straw. Nor is Christie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I absolutely love to watch Huck, it is one of the few programs we try and watch weekly unless we are busy, but he is way to socially conservative to be electable. I would rather see him stay where he is, he is doing more for the country, just with his guests, his views, and attitude than he would do trying to run for President. I am afraid however, he will decide to run. Also like Laura said, his temper might just up and bite him, same with Christie.

BTW anyone who thinks Huckabee is status quo probably has no idea what he really stands for: as for his weight, he has lost some recently, just like Christie and how could anyone judge a good candidate based on weight or looks. If you are basing your views on looks, you certainly could not be supporting Hillary.
His foreign policy is invade and occupy. (which hasn't worked) That is the status quo.
His disregard for states rights at times also puts him in bed with big government. That is the status quo.
Bringing up morality as governments job is big government. That is the status quo.
Better than most because he usually stands by his convictions. But not consistent enough from issue to issue on those very same convictions, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 05:11 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,592 posts, read 12,307,317 times
Reputation: 15493
Dear Republicans:

Please nominate these two 2016.

Pretty please?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 05:28 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,754 posts, read 83,387,542 times
Reputation: 41580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
His foreign policy is invade and occupy. (which hasn't worked) That is the status quo.
His disregard for states rights at times also puts him in bed with big government. That is the status quo.
Bringing up morality as governments job is big government. That is the status quo.
Better than most because he usually stands by his convictions. But not consistent enough from issue to issue on those very same convictions, imo.
Sometimes status quo has to be. It would be great to elect someone who is totally his/her own person, but they would then have trouble working with others. To me, a person, has to learn what battles are worth fighting. I do agree with you on the invade and occupy. We need to get over that, but we also have to do what is necessary to keep our country as safe as possible. If that means stopping terrorist on their soil that is what it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Texas
35,127 posts, read 19,217,474 times
Reputation: 20738
Smile Huckabee/Thune 2016 is how Republicans can win

Note to GOP...

PLEASE make Huckleberry your guy in two years.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2014, 06:25 AM
 
1,706 posts, read 828,116 times
Reputation: 1528
Personally, I like huckabee, althiugh i disagree with most of his social stances. He was a very popular governor. He is way too conservative though to win a general election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2014, 02:13 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Sometimes status quo has to be. It would be great to elect someone who is totally his/her own person, but they would then have trouble working with others. To me, a person, has to learn what battles are worth fighting. I do agree with you on the invade and occupy. We need to get over that, but we also have to do what is necessary to keep our country as safe as possible. If that means stopping terrorist on their soil that is what it means.
"You can't kill all the terrorists but you can kill the reason they want to become terrorists."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2014, 08:17 AM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,625,479 times
Reputation: 3342
Huckabee can't win on a national level, he's popular with Christian conservatives, but that's about it. Christian conservatives are a powerful group, but not enough to win elections. I'm a independent moderate and I would not vote for the guy. I would consider Christie, Paul, Walker, Kasich, maybe a couple others. Huckabee, Perry, Cruz are too unwavering on their ideology and can't broaden their voting base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top