Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times

Advertisements

I'm humored by the left and their presumption that Clinton is a shoein for the Democratic nod..

I wonder if she will run against the failure of Obama, or if she will try to sell the public on the benefits of things like ACA, even though the public, for the most part, disagree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 08:31 PM

99,758 posts, read 4,501,680 times
I guess you missed this poll.

Elizabeth Warren favored almost 2-to-1 to Hillary Clinton by progressives: poll - Washington Times

Old 11-24-2014, 08:32 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,132,910 times
Agreed. Why is almost everyone (well, mainly the annoying media) parroting Clinton as the next nominee? What if she doesn't run? What will the Dems do then? It's not wise to dump all your eggs into one basket before the primaries even start.

Also, if Warren somehow gets the Dem nomination (let's say Clinton doesn't run,) the GOP would win the general election assuming they don't nominate some crackpot. I'd like to see competitive, sensible races in 2016 from both parties, but that may be asking for too much.

- skbl17

Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,816,818 times
I presume...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm humored by the left and their presumption that Clinton is a shoein for the Democratic nod..

I wonder if she will run against the failure of Obama, or if she will try to sell the public on the benefits of things like ACA, even though the public, for the most part, disagree...
That if Clinton is a shoe-in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
...then wouldn't Warren be a mocass-in?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,975,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Yep the same person who was a shoe in in 2008.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:28 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,816,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep the same person who was a shoe in in 2008.
Well, obviously that shoe got lost in her biggess bumpass.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
yeah, I missed that one, but is Elizabeth Warren rumored to be running?

Old 11-25-2014, 06:34 AM

78,642 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Hillary has always had a likeability problem and now she is 8 years older.

It's not fair, but with most moron voters it's reality.

Throw in the fact that any democrat that isn't brain dead or delusional knows her pro-corporate, anti-union, pro-war, pro-wall street track record. Now if she gets out of the primary then sure they'll hold their nose and vote party line but I don't see her motivating young voters or the independents.

P.S. The Clintons also have a grudge with some of the people that sided with Obama and got rewarded as a result. If Clinton wins, there is going to be some "payback" against the obama people so they are going to be motivated to find SOMEBODY to keep Hillary from getting into that position.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:04 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,078,433 times
Actually, the poll you reference is the primary basis of the Matricide Underway in The Democrat Party thread. That and the Jim Webb exploratory committee news and thread.
Quote:

Old 11-25-2014, 07:05 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,078,433 times
So, maybe Civil War, is apt for what appears to be taking place with the Democrat Party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hillary has always had a likeability problem and now she is 8 years older.

It's not fair, but with most moron voters it's reality.

Throw in the fact that any democrat that isn't brain dead or delusional knows her pro-corporate, anti-union, pro-war, pro-wall street track record. Now if she gets out of the primary then sure they'll hold their nose and vote party line but I don't see her motivating young voters or the independents.

P.S. The Clintons also have a grudge with some of the people that sided with Obama and got rewarded as a result. If Clinton wins, there is going to be some "payback" against the obama people so they are going to be motivated to find SOMEBODY to keep Hillary from getting into that position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections