Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:19 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

i just read that hillary clinton is proposing $70B in spending to help "poor" families survive the subprime mortgage mess. why is that she ONLY wants to help the "poor" and leaves out the middle class? I heard on NPR that many of the foreclosures that are happening is because the house is worth less than the loan and that is the reason why there have been so many foreclosures, not due to lack of funds. I am tired of being taxed to death and always having the benefit go to someone else. if this is what she will propose as President, then she has definitely lost my vote. just so you know, i've voted Democratic since mondale (1984). i'm thinking that dr ron paul is the answer.

Clinton upstages Republicans with stimulus plan - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Last edited by wehotex; 01-11-2008 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i just read that hillary clinton is proposing $40B in spending to help "poor" families survive the subprime mortgage mess. why is that she ONLY wants to help the "poor" and leaves out the middle class? I heard on NPR that many of the foreclosures that are happening is because the house is worth less than the loan and that is the reason why there have been so many foreclosures, not due to lack of funds. I am tired of being taxed to death and always having the benefit go to someone else. if this is what she will propose as President, then she has definitely lost my vote. just so you know, i've voted Democratic since mondale (1984). i'm thinking that dr ron paul is the answer.

$40B lets just make it $80B we can just print more if we need it! This is why Hillary can't be the prestident,

Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,952 times
I highly doubt Im considered poor by her definition (I didn't check the link so not sure if it says what "poor" is), but I have a son with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and it costs us quite a bit in therapy and emotions. Can I get some help also?

The welfare state NEEDS to go. Our country will be gone if SEVERAL of the candidates we have up win this election.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
i just read that hillary clinton is proposing $70B in spending to help "poor" families survive the subprime mortgage mess. why is that she ONLY wants to help the "poor" and leaves out the middle class? I heard on NPR that many of the foreclosures that are happening is because the house is worth less than the loan and that is the reason why there have been so many foreclosures, not due to lack of funds. I am tired of being taxed to death and always having the benefit go to someone else. if this is what she will propose as President, then she has definitely lost my vote. just so you know, i've voted Democratic since mondale (1984). i'm thinking that dr ron paul is the answer.

I am not surprise that she is trying to BUY their votes...

Old 01-11-2008, 04:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am not surprise that she is trying to BUY their votes...
everyone learned from george w that you can buy up votes by offering up tax refunds for your base. i think that she is taking a page from the george w book. when will this end? we desperately need a country with LESS government and LESS redistribution of income.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:00 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Quote:
everyone learned from george w that you can buy up votes by offering up tax refunds for your base. i think that she is taking a page from the george w book. when will this end? we desperately need a country with LESS government and LESS redistribution of income.
And a country where the citizens won't let themselves be bought. It is up to us.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:35 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
And a country where the citizens won't let themselves be bought. It is up to us.
that was well put.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
If you don't want to be bought, then don't throw money at any of the political candidates and then don't vote on election day.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post

The welfare state NEEDS to go. Our country will be gone if SEVERAL of the candidates we have up win this election.
Then what do we need to do to end the welfare state? Simply say to the poor that we think it's wrong and immoral to help them because all we would be doing is giving them a reward for being poor and teaching them that if they will just stay poor, they will keep on being rewarded. And so by denying help to the poor, hopefully they will take the hint they need to fend for themselves? And finally the welfare state will go away?

Old 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM

384 posts, read 287,186 times
Get out of Iraq and the savings alone will pay for all her projects.

As for "getting rid of the welfare state"
ALL past Presidents have continued to contribute to this system and its not going to end because Obama is President.
If anything it will cost us MORE because he is such a softy for poor people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections