Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:41 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Rand Paul isn't ready for prime time.
He shushed one female reporter, talked over another, got schooled by Megyn Kelly, and now walked out of a Guardian interview.
The persecution complex is strong in that man.
Perhaps it is you that is not ready for prime time:
National Review
No, Rand Paul Did Not 'Walk Out' On An Interview [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller
No, Rand Paul didn’t ‘storm out’ of an interview - The Washington Post
New media outrage: Rand Paul takes one last question, answers it, leaves « Hot Air
Guardian Caught Lying About Rand Paul Walking Out of Interview - Breitbart

Just more leftist boilerplate talking points. The left must really fear Rand if they are going after him so hard so early. The media's strategy is going to backfire on them, people like to see someone stand up for what they believe in and not just roll over and take it. Leftists expect people to just roll over and accept the narrative they push on us and it is refreshing to see a politician who won't allow agenda driven journalists frame the debates or arguments. The typical media canard of "have you stopped beating your wife?" loaded questions doesn't fly with Senator Paul.

If these "tough independent women" journalists can't handle a politician speaking their mind then perhaps the journalists aren't ready for prime time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 10:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
He is riding on Daddies shirt tails. He really is out of his league.
That is how he came across to me. If he can't handle a Today show interview without showing his anger, then how can he possibly handle a more difficult interview?

Quote:
Watch the interviews. Kelly Evans and Savannah Guthri were hardly editorializing or "making partisan speeches" and were no where near the Fox/Hannity school of biased interviewing. Rand is just thin skinned and has been coddled by the friendly fawning reception he's used to in the Fox echo chamber.
They were throwing softballs and he couldn't even handle that. I was distinctly unimpressed though I am in favor of ending the costly failure otherwise known as the war on drugs. I don't think he will be the Republican candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
On the one I saw, the reporter went on and on listing as many alleged flip-flops as possible.

Unbiased would have been asking for each separately, and allowing time for an answer.

Stringing them together in the manner she did was an obvious attempt to discredit him.
Political interviews are rarely just an opportunity for the candidate to speak their truth. Usually there are some tough questions to field; perhaps Paul just wasn't expecting it from the pretty little ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Perhaps it is you that is not ready for prime time:
National Review
No, Rand Paul Did Not 'Walk Out' On An Interview [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller
No, Rand Paul didn’t ‘storm out’ of an interview - The Washington Post
New media outrage: Rand Paul takes one last question, answers it, leaves « Hot Air
Guardian Caught Lying About Rand Paul Walking Out of Interview - Breitbart

Just more leftist boilerplate talking points. The left must really fear Rand if they are going after him so hard so early. The media's strategy is going to backfire on them, people like to see someone stand up for what they believe in and not just roll over and take it. Leftists expect people to just roll over and accept the narrative they push on us and it is refreshing to see a politician who won't allow agenda driven journalists frame the debates or arguments. The typical media canard of "have you stopped beating your wife?" loaded questions doesn't fly with Senator Paul.

If these "tough independent women" journalists can't handle a politician speaking their mind then perhaps the journalists aren't ready for prime time.
I do think the Guardian thing is BS but it strikes me that Paul can't handle 'tough independent women' speaking their mind. That's how he came across.

He has gotten a good bit of publicity over this but I do not think it will get him the nomination.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:55 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Paul may well not be "ready" for prime time, but I would rather see real answers and real reactions, than the practiced, polished, scripted answers of some other candidates. Any time I think I am hearing the real honest answers from a candidate, I like it. Even when I don't agree.
Although I have really strong Libertarian tendencies, I doubt if Paul will go the distance in this campaign. What he will do though, is move the conversation along toward the changes that we need to have happen.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
He is riding on Daddies shirt tails. He really is out of his league.
Except he changed his tune unlike daddy did. Yeah that will drive the "'Ron Paul Revolution' voters and other 'independent conservatives' who stayed at home in 2012," to the Republican primaries and (if he gets the nomination) the general election to vote for him. Unless they just see the flip-flop as a needed evil.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:27 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Rand Paul will always take the side of freedom for the American people and fight against NSA spying programs that wrongly target innocent Americans, none of the other GOP hopefuls would do anything so "radical"

Old 04-11-2015, 12:30 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
This will be a training year for him. He is not going to win the nomination, though he may well be the future of the Republican party.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This will be a training year for him. He is not going to win the nomination, though he may well be the future of the Republican party.
That's a good way to put it. Good point.

I do like some of his ideas but some of them also seem too 'out there' for me.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:10 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Rand Paul isn't ready for prime time.
He shushed one female reporter, talked over another, got schooled by Megyn Kelly, and now walked out of a Guardian interview.
The persecution complex is strong in that man.
Republicans love this tough guy act, it appeals to their macho leanings.

That said, Paul isn't ready, not even close. It's abundantly obvious to those of us outside the right wing bubble. But you have to remember, these are people who sincerely think (thought) Palin would be a great President.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Republicans love this tough guy act, it appeals to their macho leanings.

That said, Paul isn't ready, not even close. It's abundantly obvious to those of us outside the right wing bubble. But you have to remember, these are people who sincerely think (thought) Palin would be a great President.
Why don't the mainstream republicans just throw the primaries for a Cruz to win and show the conservatives why they need a moderate on the bill in 2020...

Old 04-14-2015, 02:06 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
It's easy being liked when you don't have the press on your ass 24/7. Dude's gonna have to be a crap load less dismissive and condescending if he wants to win a presidential campaign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections