Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:09 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,895,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The Presidency is there for the Republicans to take. I dont understand, why they are not following the advice which followed from the last election. They commissioned the study, and are not following the feedback given to them. I watch, and read a ton of political news/shows/articles. The republicans need to stop railing against Hillary and start talking about what they are going to do for the country. Hillary is not well liked by a lot of indies, also a lot of dems dont like her. They would be easy pickings for a sensible republican, if they would just get over Hillary. Why waste your energy on her at this point? I am not saying none of them have talked about what they will do, however, they spend far too much energy and time on Hillary. Its like they are obsessing over her as they do Obama. I know the Clintons are very much disliked and elicit a lot of ill feelings but good grief, just get over them. Hillary is doing a damn fine job of shooting herself in the foot.
Some of us indies would like to hear what the Republicans will do.
The DNC has picked a fatally flawed Candidate Clinton. These scandals have been out there for the last 40 years. Clinton has done it to herself. Clinton has not really spoke to the general public and only to a select group of supporters.

The GOP candidates over the weekend spent more time on policy not Clinton direct. All though she continues to do thing that the DNC accused Romney.

May you guys should get out of the kitchen since its getting hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 07:13 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,274,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The DNC has picked a fatally flawed Candidate Clinton. These scandals have been out there for the last 40 years. Clinton has done it to herself. Clinton has not really spoke to the general public and only to a select group of supporters.
They haven't picked her, yet.

Look at Vice President Biden to make a move, he's been understudying under President Obama for 2 terms, and I think the argument can be made that he is ready to assume power himself.

Undefeated in 10 consecutive elections, I don't think he is that anxious to wait.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Well said??? Why listen to your advice? You voted for Obama so what do you know?

The dems big government policies are horrible. The economy isnt very good and we're still in never ending wars in the Middle East. Yeah lets listen to failure.
I also voted for Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton and Bush Jr, hmm that makes four Republican Presidents and two Democrats, and all my Presidential votes were winners guess I can pick a winner, hae not backed anyone yet, waaaaaay too early for that nonsense.

LOL, you think the Dems are the Big government Party yet ignore that every Republican listed above has increased the size of the government and government spending. I would remind you that the current President is trying, though there are still some reasons we need to stay, to get us out of there and it was the second to last name of those I voted for above that put us in Iraq, pssst he is one of the R's. So, yes by all means ignore history and facts, especially if they do not fit your agenda, it is after all the way those that are owned by a Party always react to unfortunate facts.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:21 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,641,330 times
Too many cry babies in the Greed Over People party. Get back in the Clown car and leave us all alone...

Old 04-20-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
They haven't picked her, yet.

Look at Vice President Biden to make a move, he's been understudying under President Obama for 2 terms, and I think the argument can be made that he is ready to assume power himself.

Undefeated in 10 consecutive elections, I don't think he is that anxious to wait.
Too much baggage, expect someone else to give a go, the odds (money) would be against them but anything is possible. What would be hilarious is for the Dems to find a real good candidate that ends up getting the nomination and all of sudden the "I'm not Hillary" bunch would left looking like the losers most of them are.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:29 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I also voted for Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton and Bush Jr, hmm that makes four Republican Presidents and two Democrats, and all my Presidential votes were winners guess I can pick a winner, hae not backed anyone yet, waaaaaay too early for that nonsense.
And except for the hand picked winners and losers how were they different? Especially the last Bush?

Quote:
LOL, you think the Dems are the Big government Party yet ignore that every Republican listed above has increased the size of the government and government spending.
No I don't but thanks for falsely testifying. More proof you have nothing.

Quote:
I would remind you that the current President is trying,
So do the Cubs, they stink too

Quote:
though there are still some reasons we need to stay, to get us out of there and it was the second to last name of those I voted for above that put us in Iraq, pssst he is one of the R's.
Pssst More proof you voted for the same ideals. How'd that work out?

Quote:
So, yes by all means ignore history and facts,
Which is what YOU do by voting for the same big government control freaks

Quote:
especially if they do not fit your agenda,
My agenda is the truth. Yours is voting for the same ineffective policies

Quote:
it is after all the way those that are owned by a Party always react to unfortunate facts.
Again falsely testifying because YOUR big government policies are failures. Policy over party for me. Let THIS guy try the same thing and expect different results is what you vote for.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,952,864 times
Op that definitely isn't what last two election cycles showed or what exit polls showed. It showed that the democratic social issues didn't even register with people most effected by it. The important thing republicans need to do is show she is far left by her record than her husband; thus Obama II.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And except for the hand picked winners and losers how were they different? Especially the last Bush?

No I don't but thanks for falsely testifying. More proof you have nothing.

So do the Cubs, they stink too

Pssst More proof you voted for the same ideals. How'd that work out?

Which is what YOU do by voting for the same big government control freaks

My agenda is the truth. Yours is voting for the same ineffective policies

Again falsely testifying because YOUR big government policies are failures. Policy over party for me. Let THIS guy try the same thing and expect different results is what you vote for.
For someone that claims others are falsely testifying you sure do a lot of it yourself. I see you have nothing else honest to add, Noted.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:42 PM

752 posts, read 568,136 times
The Republican 2-point plan:

i.) Tax cuts for the rich (deficit-financed).

ii.) War (also deficit-financed).

Old 04-20-2015, 07:47 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,274,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
The Republican 2-point plan:

i.) Tax cuts for the rich (deficit-financed).

ii.) War (also deficit-financed).
Tax cuts aren't expenditures, they don't have to be financed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections