Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Rand Paul would do what is best for America and the American people, and not what the GOP establishment wants. I would love to see a Paul/Cruz ticket.

There will be attempts to derail a Rand Paul candidacy because he scares the "old guard" and they will discredit Ted Cruz for being a Tea Party Godly Christian.

Rubio and Bush don't impress me as much but neither did other losers like Romney, McCain or Dole.
b
so you are a Republican and calling Rubio and Bush losers, how about we all get together and support our choice, regardless who it happens to be. At this stage it appears any R candidate will be moderately conservative to truely conservative. I am a fiscal conserative and a social moderate, I do not want Cruz on the ticket anywhere. As for Paul as I have said, his personality might be his downfall.It makes little difference how we agree with his views. We are human and personality does play a huge part. BTW, Rubio is no, Dole, McCain or Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:40 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
He is the best nominee for Hillary (or whoever is the Dem nominee) to face.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
b
so you are a Republican and calling Rubio and Bush losers, how about we all get together and support our choice, regardless who it happens to be. At this stage it appears any R candidate will be moderately conservative to truely conservative. I am a fiscal conserative and a social moderate, I do not want Cruz on the ticket anywhere. As for Paul as I have said, his personality might be his downfall.It makes little difference how we agree with his views. We are human and personality does play a huge part. BTW, Rubio is no, Dole, McCain or Romney.

I'm not a Republican and I'm not a Democrat... I'm a Constitutionalist.
Bush and his protege Rubio, are Progressives. There is nothing conservative about bigger government involvement. Dream Act and Common Core, along with agreeing with Obamacare.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and his story has to warm normal peoples heart. Family excapes communism and Cuba. Dad is a bar tender, mom a maid. What a story.
Since when are things like "personal stories" and personality good criteria to base your vote on? Those are very shallow reasons to vote for a man. They may even be more shallow than leftists voting for Obama because he is black or Hillary because she is a woman.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:05 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
I find Paul's platform to be in good alignment with W PA Democrats who still think pulling the "D" lever gets them another JFK. Wether the media and party allow that message to get across remains to be seen.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:02 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
I will continue to watch Rand, as he is the only R, that could get my vote. He is really driving me crazy with the flip flopping. I love that he wants to end foreign aid, and stop the incessant wars, but he seems to be doing the typical, moving to the right to appease his party. The problem is, when you move too far to the right, you lose Independents.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:05 AM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
I also see Paul maybe winning the NH primary, he seems like their kind of Republican.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
I tend to judge a parent by the behavior of their children.

Quote:
Police reportedly encountered the Kentucky GOP Senator's 22-year-old son on Sunday morning after his Honda Ridgeline rear-ended a parked vehicle in Lexington, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.

READ: Sen. Rand Paul's son arrested, charged with underage drinking

William Paul has had two prior alcohol-related interactions with law enforcement, including a charged assault, the paper reported.
Rand Paul's son charged with driving under the influence - CNNPolitics.com

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...-dui/26213657/

Old 04-25-2015, 09:11 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Be careful what you wish for.....

Old 04-25-2015, 09:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

A black woman being bullied on-line for her support of Rand, posted this reply in rebuttal:

I am supposed to support the candidate who panders to minorities. I am supposed to support the candidate who places women above men in a misguided approach to equality. I am supposed to support the candidate who offers free contraception. I am supposed to support the candidate that speaks softly to me in idealistic sweet nothings, telling me only what I want to hear, thinking I am not smart enough to care about the state of our economy.
But despite my color, gender, economic standing, sexual preference or any other imaginable category, I refuse to let the world define me by of what they see on the outside. That’s something progressives always insist on doing.
I want no part of it.

Black Americans were once told we could not sit at the front of the bus or drink from whites only water fountains. Today we are often told that we do not possess the freedom of thought.

I choose to support the candidate who believes the federal government should have limited involvement in the economy, a strong but more reasonable national defense and who believes in leaving the powers not delegated to Washington to the people and the states respectively. I will not deny a party that has historically fought for my personhood, my right to vote, and my right to protect my life, liberty, and property.

‘What I Saw Disgusted Me’: Black Rand Paul Supporter Saw This Comment About Her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections