Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 07:14 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Yes because at a time when it is hard for American workers to find a decent job we need to be flooded with more immigrants. These ILLEGAL immigrants chose to break the law, their blatant disregard for the rule of law disqualifies them from becoming proper immigrants in my mind.
What this fool doesn't get is that we are not a nation of "illegal" so-called immigrants. No way should these lawbreakers be rewarded with amnesty and they aren't in the shadows they out front and in your face with their demands. As you said, we have millions of Americans out of work so it makes no sense to allow these illegals to remain here and continue to hold these jobs that Americans need. When do these amnesties end and no it's not reform. It would still be against the law to come here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 07:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I suspect a hurdle Jeb will have to clear sooner or later will be his relationship with Orlando Bosch, a man labeled an "unrepentant terrorist" by former Attorney General Dick Thornburgh .

Old 04-30-2015, 07:47 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Yes because at a time when it is hard for American workers to find a decent job we need to be flooded with more immigrants. These ILLEGAL immigrants chose to break the law, their blatant disregard for the rule of law disqualifies them from becoming proper immigrants in my mind.
If you are competing with illegal immigrants for jobs, you have made some seriously bad life choices. If an American citizen born with all the privileges and access to free public education that it comes with is whining about the difficulty of finding work as a day laborer, crop picker, dishwasher or lawn mower it is hard to feel bad for them. If an immigrant from a third world country with no education can steal your job, that is your fault.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
Jeb will not win a single primary or caucus. Not sure who will in the nomination. But it won't be Jeb.
I totally disagree with you on this. I am not a supporter, I think his name would hurt him in a general election and I wish he would just continue to enjoy a life removed from politics, but he will win a few states and probably some cauuses. He might carry Fl, although Rubio is well thought of so I have heard. Bush's stand on immigration will hurt him. He is too pro immegration. We have to have to make some consolations, but I think he goes too far. My guess, anyone who makes a statement as strong as yours probably will not be supporting any
Republican.

Rewtoks: Are you saying, immgrants from Mexico or anywhere else do not have free education in their country? If you are, boy do you have your head in the sand?

Last edited by nmnita; 04-30-2015 at 11:03 AM..

Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Paul vs. Clinton

rcp shows Hilary over Paul by an average of 8.5%. I am surprised it shows HC over Bush by 8.9%.
It varies all over the place and which polls you are watching. Actually a few days or maybe a week ago, there were a couple of R that were running neck and neck with her. Also remember when taking these polls, you have only 1 D and several Rs, so one would expect her to be in the lead. You have people who support one R and others supporting another. RCP does represent a cross section, but this still doesn't really change the fact there are serveral verses 1. I imagine we will see a difference in the polls starting next week.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
I don't see Bush getting in it, unless Rubio falters from the New World Order narrative.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:19 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,924 times
Jeb will be the Republican nominee. And Hillary will win the general election in an electoral landslide.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Jeb will be the Republican nominee. And Hillary will win the general election in an electoral landslide.

That would be the Democrats perfect scenario.
It is sad when Hillary beats you beyond the margin of error, with the dirt in her baggage.
Now Rand. He actually leads her in 3 states that went for Obama. So, it must have been Mitt and that Progressive Republican mentality, they tried to relabel Conservative for the cameras, that no one bought.
A history of Conservative principals, have the two most conservative, matching the best in a Hillary battle.

I'm sure you do pray it is Bush. He will be the easiest for Hillary to beat. The name BUSH alone, is TOXIC.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
If you are competing with illegal immigrants for jobs, you have made some seriously bad life choices. If an American citizen born with all the privileges and access to free public education that it comes with is whining about the difficulty of finding work as a day laborer, crop picker, dishwasher or lawn mower it is hard to feel bad for them. If an immigrant from a third world country with no education can steal your job, that is your fault.
Wrong, Americans were displaced on their jobs by illegal aliens only because they work for less. Americans working blue-collared jobs such as construction and landscaping were not poor choices. They use to make a liveable wage at it. Most illegal aliens aren't picking crops and by making themselves available as day laborers they are taking away construction jobs from Americans. No, it is the fault of the employers who hire them and also these illegal aliens for coming here illegally offering to work for less. By the way, they aren't "immigrants". What part of we and every other country in the world has immigration laws aren't you getting?

Old 04-30-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I totally disagree with you on this. I am not a supporter, I think his name would hurt him in a general election and I wish he would just continue to enjoy a life removed from politics, but he will win a few states and probably some cauuses. He might carry Fl, although Rubio is well thought of so I have heard. Bush's stand on immigration will hurt him. He is too pro immegration. We have to have to make some consolations, but I think he goes too far. My guess, anyone who makes a statement as strong as yours probably will not be supporting any
Republican.

Rewtoks: Are you saying, immgrants from Mexico or anywhere else do not have free education in their country? If you are, boy do you have your head in the sand?
It's not that Jeb is pro-immigration it is that he is pro-illegal immigration and that will hurt him with conservatives and other sensible voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections