Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:00 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Ignorant Righties made the same argument when I first started using the term in 2002. A neocon is a very specific type of conservative who happened to dominate the Bush administration. They are idealists who believe America should take an activist global stance and export its revolution. Many of them started out as liberals and Marxists. Their opinions about foreign policy are quite different than traditional conservatives who favor isolationism and believe nation building projects should be avoided.

Remember when Bush said there wouldn't be any nation building in his administration? That was before he got the new script. Obviously, he was an idiot who had no idea what kind of administration his advisors were going to establish. Maybe if he was more familiar with the neocon movement he could have made better guesses about what "his" administration was going to do.

He was right. They didn't build any nations. They broke Iraq for the next 50 or more years. They almost destroyed the USA economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 12:05 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well first of all, there was never a George Bush Jr so who are you referring to may I ask? And would things be different now, than when his dad was Pres? Can we say age of those you mention if nothing else? Oh, and where do you get the idea the PNAC led us into war? Do you realize, the congress overwhelmingly voted to enter the war? Maybe you were too young, at the time to realize this or you just simply choose to forget it?
There was NEVER a vote to enter a war. The resolution was designed to coerce Saddam into allowing UN weapons inspectors into Iraq and lo and behold, it worked. They found no wmd but Gomer Bush`s handlers weren`t going to be denied a war. Do you remember Donald Rumsfeld saying "we know where they are". He never found them.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:49 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
If anything, Hillary will select people from Bill Clinton's group of advisers. And as you may recall, Bill Clinton gave us a GREAT economy, with NO wars.

Jeb Bush is part of the Bush family, which SURROUNDS itself with Neo-Cons as advisers!

Why would things be ANY DIFFERENT if Jeb is elected?

A new Bush in the White House ... advised by same group of people that ruined our country!
If anything, Hillary will select people from Bill Clinton's group of advisers.

We could hope. Hillary, can most likely work with the guys on the other side of the isle as she has been working with them her entire career. Obama, being a newbie didn't have a clue going in and didn't have the knowledge and tools to do anything other than giving a feel good speech about "Hope and Change"

Old 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:
Well first of all, there was never a George Bush Jr so who are you referring to may I ask?
This guy:

Google "George Bush Jr."

Any more ridiculous questions?

Quote:
And would things be different now, than when his dad was Pres?
Whose dad? I thought you didn't know WHO I was talking about?

Quote:
Can we say age of those you mention if nothing else?
I never realized there was an age limit for presidential advisers?

Quote:
Oh, and where do you get the idea the PNAC led us into war? Do you realize, the congress overwhelmingly voted to enter the war? Maybe you were too young, at the time to realize this or you just simply choose to forget it?
Have a look at the signatures of the PNAC document I linked to in my first post:
They are practically a who's who of both Bush's cabinets.

And many of them are the ones WHO LED US into the Iraq war.

So why would you expect to not see them again if Jeb becomes President?

Do you honestly think their age matters that much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections