Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 04:41 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I get that some people here find Trump entertaining, watching him speak as a presidential candidate with basically no filter to speak of. It is just the sort of thing that makes a great reality TV show.

And then of course there are the lefties, which are most of the Trump supporters in this thread, who regard him as an outrageous character, but are thrilled to see such a person running for the Republican presidential nomination. But then again, you hate Fox News, so which way to go on this one. And we have our answer - no surprise - the Fox news hatred takes the day. Of course no accommodation by the left for fair and honest treatment of a journalist asking a question that they would have thought reasonable and even required if anyone not associated with Fox News had asked it.

She asked him a question about a couple of crude and rude comments HE made about women. Could someone please explain to me how that amounts to Megyn Kelly attacking Trump personally?

You started a thread about Trump that said essentially, stick a fork in him.

Now that you have had your *** handed to you, you still can`t admit you don`t understand what is happening.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:50 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No, no – I don’t actually believe such sheer idiocy. But I am pleased that the idea is out there and that many Republicans are clinging to it. The reason is that by believing such a happy thought – that the myriad problems Trump is causing as he rumbles through the delicate Republican coalition, fracturing this, taking a massive dump all over that, alienating otherwise persuadable-to-the-GOP-cause independents – the believers are assuring that that they will learn absolutely nothing from this debacle.

Donald Trump did not just appear out of nowhere and crash the Republican party. Rather, Republicans have spent years laying the groundwork for the Trump spectacle. They have gone out of their way to welcome him into the Republican world. They lauded praise on him when he was doing his baseless birther grandstanding. They courted him for his support during the last presidential election cycle even when they were aware of his long history of supporting Democrats and staking out left of center positions. They still made campaign appearances with him. In doing all of this, they have willfully and indelibly linked Donald Trump with the Republican Party.

Beyond that, they have carefully nurtured the angry groups whose buttons Trump is currently pushing. They’ve wooed the belligerent nativists who adore Trump’s racist insinuations into being an integral part of the GOP base, then generally ignored them after the elections were won, treating them as useful idiots – the latter not without cause, I should add. They’ve made the sexists and outright misogynists feel at home in the party. They’ve given us the bomb-throwers such as Ted Cruz and Steve King and Louis Gohmert and Jan Brewer and many others who have mainstreamed the crazy, wild-eyed accusations that used to be beyond the pale but are now part and parcel of Republican rhetoric.

Donald Trump is their Frankenstein’s monster. They made him, and now they’re freaking out because he’s rampaging through the GOP village.

And what’s going to be their takeaway from this disaster once the dust has settled and the Republican Party is left to tally up the damage? It’s this:
“This is all the fault of the nefarious Democrats! We don’t need to change a thing! Trump was an aberration foisted upon us! Fully speed ahead!”

All I can do is smile and agree. Full speed ahead, Republicans. Full speed ahead!

Basically your whole premise is that Republicans should change, and your glad with the whole Trump thing because that means they won't change....

Well guess what, I don't want them to change at all. I don't care if they never win another election, if they lose with their dignity intact and standing up for what they believe in, and for what is RIGHT, than that's better than betraying what they believe in just to win.

I'm the one who started the "Trump is a Plant" thread.... True, I want him outa the race, but it's not because of his message, or even how he's delivering it. it's because I don't trust him, and even if he is sincere, I don't think he knows how to actually FIX the problems he's talking about, and he's certainly given no indication that he does, as he's yet to outline even a single, detailed policy change.

But make no mistake whatsoever, I agree with just about everything he's saying, and so do a lot of other people, which explains his broad appeal. That's why so many are supporting him instead of one of the "professional" Republican politicians, because the professionals want the candidates to act more like a Liberal and kow-tow to the media and Liberal pundits, and play the political correctness game, and the Republican voter base is sick and tired of spineless Republicans who are too afraid to actually say what needs said..... enter Donald Trump...........................

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 08-11-2015 at 05:37 AM..

Old 08-11-2015, 04:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
The Donald has better things to do than shill for the Democrats.

Just what does he gain?

Getting dumped by NBC, Serta, Macy's, etc.?

Also: It would go against his personality to play second-fiddle to anyone.

He's in it to win it.

His detailed policy proposals will be out soon.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Meanwhile ...

Trump continues to surge.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:04 AM

114 posts, read 72,751 times
I like Trump for his bold anti-heroism. However we all know that he is just a flash in the pan and will not sustain the current levels of interest. Not sure why people on both side are too worked up on this. He will soon settle for a deal with whoever gonna win and demand his pound of flesh and maybe some organs and bones in return. After all, he knows how to negotiate, don't he?

Old 08-11-2015, 05:10 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default I was wrong!

After seeing Trump Parade on stage, I do not think he Presidential Material. I thought the other GOP Candidates are more thought out and the Sleepers are coming out like Carly Fiona and Ben Carson.I had almost written them off until I hard the debates.

The Posters who called him out my hat is off to you! Democratic Plant , not likely,but it makes for good Politics.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Both parties are corrupt. They are. I am not a Republican, nor have I been for 25 years now. So, if you are looking for an apologist for the Republican party, you will need to keep looking. I am not your guy.

So you are unwilling to take my gentlemen's bet then? I say that CNN will bring it up again. You don't sound so confident anymore that they won't.
I'm not a gentleman....I'm a lady....

I'm confident in my beliefs....very much so, as far as Trump is concerned, I've said many times, I don't know if he'll go the distance, don't know what's going to happen, and neither do you....nor do I practice the ability to read minds...what I do know is to date, people are waking up, finally, and am very glad to hear where you stand politically....

So....I will say, so far, I love Trumps ideas, about Taxes, how to take care of ISIS, illegal immigration and so forth, so, to date, I don't as of yet disagree with what he says, he's going to do.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/b...ic-state-isis/

Personally I believe he has some great ideas....

Old 08-11-2015, 05:22 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You started a thread about Trump that said essentially, stick a fork in him.

Now that you have had your *** handed to you, you still can`t admit you don`t understand what is happening.
Yeah, but he has his fingers on the pulse of illegals.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekspere View Post
I like Trump for his bold anti-heroism. However we all know that he is just a flash in the pan and will not sustain the current levels of interest. Not sure why people on both side are too worked up on this. He will soon settle for a deal with whoever gonna win and demand his pound of flesh and maybe some organs and bones in return. After all, he knows how to negotiate, don't he?
Maybe someone in his family needs a liver transplant and this is his way of finding the best donor.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Makes no sense to me why the GOP are all intent on trashing their front running Republican candidate.Trump seems to represent all the rightwing talking points
He's a birther,will repeal Obamacare,hates immigrants,is a GW denier.etc.
This guy seems like the GOPs dream candidate,whats with the hate?
As for the debate? its a Presidential debate and this woman is asking Trump about trivialities like him using some profanity in the distant past. really?
I thought Trump remained quite composed at the obvious set-up.
Trump does not "hate" immigrants!

As for "GW" (now referred to as "Climate Change" since there is no "warming" that can be shown), he is right on the issue.

The establishment Republicans can't stand anyone who would upset the status quo. But this is precisely why Trump is so popular with so much of the base. Almost nobody wants Jeb Bush; yet, the 'establishment' R's insist on shoving him down our throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections