Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times

Advertisements

Teflon Don: Trump at 32 Percent in New Post-Debate Poll

The numbers obviously speak for themselves. The GOP has never had to deal with a candidate who has got so much money coming out of his ass that the idea of him being influenced by anyone but himself is ludicrous. But I can see how it would be unnerving to his colleagues who I'm sure at this point are shaking in their boots. I'd really love to see Trump get the nomination. It'd be a well-deserved f-you to the Republican establishment.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Teflon Don: Trump at 32 Percent in New Post-Debate Poll

The numbers obviously speak for themselves. The GOP has never had to deal with a candidate who has got so much money coming out of his ass that the idea of him being influenced by anyone but himself is ludicrous. But I can see how it would be unnerving to his colleagues who I'm sure at this point are shaking in their boots. I'd really love to see Trump get the nomination. It'd be a well-deserved f-you to the Republican establishment.
The establishment does indeed suck, but somehow in the face of that black hole level force of suck, Trump manages to suck just a little bit more.

An impressive if depressing feat.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:50 PM

546 posts, read 408,915 times
Why is it only the Trump fans who have problems with debate questions that directly address his electability?

Like it or not, no matter how sick anyone is of PC tyranny, it's a reality we need to consider in deciding who the nominee is.

Every candidate on that stage was asked about their weaknesses that could affect the general election. Every single one.

Are we just supposed to march blindly into the general election and pretend to be surprised when the War On Women crowd twists and distorts every last politically incorrect word the candidate has uttered?

Whether it's out of context or not, his past statements are going to affect his candidacy. You're deluded if you think it won't.

He may or may not do a fine job as President, but we'll never know, because he won't have the mass appeal people seem to think he does.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:52 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Tonight I laughed as Kelly said she wasn't going to comment on Trump and went on speaking about Trump as she commented and commented and commented.. what a joke...

Old 08-10-2015, 08:57 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Yawn, get over it already.

All she did is ask a question about things Donald Trump DID say. It's not like she made them up. She is not a presidential candidate, you all act like she is and are wasting way too much time on this.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:19 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Roger Ailes releases a statement about his conversation with Donald Trump. Here it is:
Quote:
Fox News chief Ailes says ‘air has been cleared’ with Trump

Ailes said in a memo obtained by CNN that he had a “blunt but cordial” conversation with Trump on Monday.

"Donald Trump and I spoke today," Ailes said in the statement. "We discussed our concerns, and I again expressed my confidence in Megyn Kelly. She is a brilliant journalist and I support her 100 percent."

“I assured him that we will continue to cover this campaign with fairness & balance,” Ailes continued. “We had a blunt but cordial conversation and the air has been cleared."
Clearly, Roger Ailes is not backing down to "The Donald".

Last edited by Spartacus713; 08-10-2015 at 09:36 PM..

Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
If the USA wants Trump, they'll have to get used to his mouth.
Seems to me, that's what put him up front, so they don't have to get used to it. They are tired of Politically Correct mouthing off.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
When someone throws their support 100% behind someone they are usually fired in short order.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:26 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I await the collapse of the Democrat plant Donald Trump with great optimism.
That's a tactic I haven't heard for a while. If he is on your team, you hate him, he is the star of the team, and you can't control him, claim he works for the other team.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:29 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When someone throws their support 100% behind someone they are usually fired in short order.
They will be watching the rating on her show for a while. Fox is losing viewers by the day. They are literally dying (it's kind of awful to think that the last days of your life were spent watching Fox News). Kelly may have managed to anger a good share of those who are still tuning in. On the other hand, where else are they going to go for news served up with a double helping of bias?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections